Why do you not want to accept that "Good music's era is over"?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Lager, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Here's one I inherited from me dad:

Beethoven's Hits.jpg

[EDIT:] I concede on hearing it again it does sound a bit outdated... can't win 'em all...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. audiozlover69

audiozlover69 Newbie

i think theres good music you just dont search for it

3. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

Mate, your suffering is easy to fix. Pick one of these up and save yourself from all of the bad music.

[​IMG]

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I'd blame it on political correctness, as it filters out most of the good music, and only the artists with the right message survive, also the modern distribution model is tightly controlled by a small group of corporate entities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Jeezys fookn chrishna, Forrstrer!

6. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

I can see the problem of being pressed into some kind of structure like 4/4 when you start your processing from a DAW. But still. There is so diverse and much music out there as it has never happened before. If you are willing to find it, you will find it. If you are old and your mission is to glorify the past, you will achieve this as well. The older we get, the more we seek for security and known/predictable terrain. As all animals do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. statik

statik Audiosexual

if the good music era is over then where did this come from

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

One person said it on here, and I agree. If what you are listening to makes YOU happy, then why would you care what the poster of this thread says? The music makes you happy so why do you care if he is unhappy? It's his opinion and his problem. You don't need to qualify it with him. The only reason this matters is if you are in competition.

9. ThrashHead

ThrashHead Platinum Record

The good music is underground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

It's time for a change . . . all good music comes as rebellion for the crap that came before. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

ah fukkit

12. farao

farao Rock Star

It seems you have missed the perhaps most divisive troll here ever, aka Foster. And now he is back with a new name. So, that’s that.

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I tried ProTools but it's way too unstable for me..

Well he seems to rap about adderall a lot so my guess is it must be from his ADD

14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Haven't read anything, before clicking I knew this was from @Lager, so I just wanted to warn you:

Lager is a well known provoking-style troll. Provoking as in the title of this thread: asking and speaking shit in the same question to provoke angry discussions between us.

First known as Foster in this forum, banned several times, always comes back with another clone/nick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

modern democrat's:mad:
    ----
    i enact some spiritual freedom...get dynamic range right again...so you can pass whats not yours
    :hahaha:

16. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

even underground is infected by mainstream shihzzly sickness...
    sure you can find good stuff...but tell this ppl who have to work all day while a mainstream radio station is runnin all day...you fckt...EDIT really hard

17. hartcru

hartcru Ultrasonic

dire qu'il n'y a plus de bonne musique actuellement c'est comme dire li n'y a plus de jeunesse, ou la jeunesse n'est plus ce qu'elle était, en plus il devrait être capable de tout écouter, c'est absurde, je suis étonné de lire ça sur Audioz, enfin bref les oreilles ça s'entretient comme l'esprit et il faut savoir écouter, bien sur rien ne vaut le chant des oiseaux et le chant du vent dans les arbres. ..

to say that there is no longer any good music at the moment is like saying that there is no longer any youth, or youth is no longer what it used to be, in addition you should be able to listen to everything, it's absurd, I'm surprised to read that on Audioz, well, in short, the ears talk like a spirit and you have to know how to listen, of course nothing beats the song of birds and the song of the wind in the trees. ..

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

https://audiosex.pro/threads/why-do...d-musics-era-is-over.52061/page-2#post-453904

It seems I'll need to show this useful info in my sig again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. electriclash

electriclash Guest

vraiment?

20. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Haha, Spot-on, EddieXx & (.) (.) I was gonna say the same. :rofl:

I refused to get sucked into this topic as it seems everyone has been put on the defensive, as opposed to making this a Let's-Discuss-This thread in which a question is posed--this is counter-intuitive to making any sort of progress, as we should just assume that, as-posted, we will not be able to change Foster's--*cough, sorry, Lager'--mind or his position on this. :dunno:

I do have to agree with this, though:

And, as side note, I feel that with many of today's artists, of many genres, making music in solitude, they don't realize the often advantageous (though, definitely not always, trust me,) aspect of collaboration. I've played in enough bands and worked with enough artists in various genres that I've always made Hip Hop--beats and instrumentals--purely on my own as a way to get away from the often hectic and dispiriting chore of dealing with other musicians, but even with the inevitable drama associated with any music collaboration (Too-Many-Cooks-In-The-Kitchen Syndrome...and everyone thinks they're a 5-Star Chef, :yes: ) the rewards of bouncing ideas off of one another and playing in the moment can't be overstated. :no:

Anyway, that was more of a comment on what I've seen happen over the years as DAWs become more and more prevalent as a musicians only musical outlet, as opposed to commenting directly on the thread and thus, getting baited into a trap by Fauster [sic] again. :rofl:
    On the flip side, there is hope. I was walking down to my buddies place just a couple hrs ago and passed two houses making noise on the way, one with someone jamming on an electric guitar and one with someone banging away on shitty kit along with "Seven Seas of Rhye" (Queen.) And? Instead of fifty vehicles going by, all with inane Drippy Trap bursting from them, there was only forty-nine, since one car was *blasting, "Captain Jack," by Billy Joel, of all things. I consider all of those things small wins. :yes: