What happened to BEAT16 ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by triggerflipper, Mar 12, 2024.

1. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Most of the time net cops suffer a certain degree of personality disorder (luckly not always e.g. No Avenger), they often feel to express an unjustified authoritarian behaviour to satisfy the needs of a narcissistic supply.

It can last months or years but then it ends like they ban them self too, sadly that can happen also in real life.

Hope to see BEAT16 on here again.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

:wink:
    Nope.
    As you said, he was extremely helpful, so you would recognize him immediately.

I knew him a little. He was usually in a helping mood and had a lot of time on his hands, hence the enormous number of posts. But you could also hang out with him in private quite nicely. :)

However (isn't there always a however?) every now and then he would go into a rage: then he would start far-fetched political discussions and spread conspiracy theories.
    Unfortunately, he couldn't control himself in this matter and ended up with a considerable number of warnings, which the admins could no longer ignore. So he was banned in the end. Sadly :dunno:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Like @twoheart said, his style of posting was unmistakably recognizable.
    Maybe he does have an account which he uses to post once in a blue moon, but it would take an insane amount of willpower to not

You don't realize you have the ability to endear yourself to certain types of humanoids.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Please understand that I can't go into detail but you can have a look at this profile page, which is still there or simply have a look at the rules.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

:bow: I would inculde Olymoon in this.
    Besides, I see myself more as a referee than a sheriff (SAiNT didn't hand us a gun) and I try not to live out my PDs here. :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I liked that dude

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Of course must be included, I wasn't talking about this forum or AZ that are a nice example of a peaceful and collaborative community.
    Just take a look here and there on other well known audio community to find any kind of fights at all levels of insanity.

Thanks for your effort and time, someone should do the dirty job anyway :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@No Avenger I meant Mike. I loved BEAT16 and I get rules and order. Ehrmantraut showed me the ways though

9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Beat16 is a really nice guy who would bend over backwards to help you out if you needed his expertise about vsts. He has created perhaps thousands of presets for lots of different soft synths which he gave away freely. He's definitely missed.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List