What and how would you make if you didn't have your DAWs or Sequencers?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Radioactive Fallout, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Quote:
    "What and how would you make if you didn't have your DAWs or Sequencers?"

My reply regarding the title of your thread @Radioactive Fallout is very simple!:

I´ll prolly play a little more on my violin, viola, piano, guitar, harpsicord, erhu whatever............ but honestly I'm not sure. Maybe I would start training surfing, meditating or something else instead - what do I know ??

Life is full of options so grab them when they meet you...!

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

go and break into ploopy,baxter,the pirate and lucky slevens studios , with a big truck waiting outside

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Electronic music could not have existed without an electronic means to distribute it to the masses. Or, to put it another way, all the electronic media (radio/TV/internet/satellite) has given millions more people the joy of music than before any electronic media and music. Electronic delivery and electronic instruments arrived together (in the grand scheme of things.. some things only a few decades apart). If it is banal and doesn't touch the human soul how could it have brought so much joy and hapiness to so many millions of people?

To answer the question in another way, I would never have taken up a traditional instrument. Electronics made it possible for me to enjoy making music.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  5. Daz

Daz Guest

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

See you again like the other four times last year :wink:
    Can't wait to update my sig...

:rofl:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

If I had no DAW, I would probably start saving to buy a hardware workstation such as the latest Yamaha or Kurzweil.

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Nice sig mate, is this becoming trending or what? :rofl:
    Ok, how do you like mine?

9. Maybe I'd better get used to it. :bleh:
    It's way better than emigrating to ascetic world of monastic lifestyle even without nuns.:winker::mates:

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The only type of music worth making is with a kazoo. Duh.

Stringed and wind instruments are a passable substitute when one doesn't have a kazoo, but unless you have the raw soul of your actual voice combined with lippy fart noises supporting the emotional content of the music, it's all just soulless tripe

When I first saw this thread I thought, wow what a dick. But then I realized who it is, and hair-triggered asshole that I am sometimes, I have a hard time holding fosters stupidity against him for some reason. This is the problem with the internet - people say irritating shit, and your kneejerk response is to take it seriously because the voice relaying that information to you is your own voice in your head. Try for a moment to picture the kind of guy who makes all these posts, and then posts the kind of music he does, etc.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Who is or who was that Foster guy everyone seems to hate? :dunno:

12. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I once, during the year when Boyz II Men was on the mainstream chart, and probably because it was my very early experience listening to r&b and acapella style/genre (and really fell into it), and driven by the passion and inspiration from one of their song "In The Still Of The Night", I once wrote and recorded my very own acapella song using tape cassette, karaoke mic, headphones, and hi-fi.

The Hi-Fi player have two cassette decks, so it's like playing and dubbing on one deck and print/records on the others and then repeat/re-take process till I'm happy. Headphones were use to prevent something like mic bleeding from hi-fi speakers. Genius ey? haha.. that's about it my gei moment with boyband and 90 love songs and probably that is what I will use if w/o DAW or sequencer.. :shalom:

13. I don't know exactly who he is but from the evidences I can say that he's the biggest enemy of the current trends and every trend-based music. He wants orthogenesis and music linebreeding and hearing the most genuine form of music but all too often what he gets are the re-parturition of trends that shape the prevailing tastes.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

I'd make Cake.. I like Cake

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Remember what @The Pirate always say on the sister site: "sharing is caring"

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Radioactive Fallout Thanks for explanation but now I am more confused than i was earlier as to who that Foster is. Is he an active member?

17. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

foster was just an idea.......an empty vessel......continuously renewed by all the non artistic provocateurs in a never ending series of total bullshit.......meanwhile life goes on and the fosters keep coming and thankfully going......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

however cake doesnt like you

19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Just a really strange, pretentious dude who makes a lot of condescending remarks about most styles of music, along with bizarrely self-congratulatory, borderline masturbatory posts about abstract music theory concepts despite the fact that the actual music he posted here was kind of amateurish. Everyone seems convinced this radioactive dude is foster- he certainly talks like him.

Re-read that post where radioactive fallout replied to you. Idk if that guy is foster but imagine you asked “who is cav emp” and I replied to you myself, under an alternate name, with that bizarre, melodramatic, self congratulatory gibberish. Wouldn’t that make me a fuckin weirdo? lol

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Not at all. That will make you a Foster. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.