Western Culture

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by art.movement.style, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I reckon that if you start a new post on a subject then it would help if you were less vague on the given topic. Please try and be specific with your comments and participate where possible.
    These posts are here to open up discussions on a variety of subjects that help to enlighten and help each other.
    There are plenty of helpful people here who are glad to share their experience and are only too willing to help but you have to be reasonable with your questions too.
    Time wasters are frowned upon and only serve to get peoples goats up so please be clear with what you are asking of us.
    Thank You.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. 16?:rofl:

3. Thanks!:bow:

4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

you are not even trying kid.

i beat you with this

5. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

16 isn't the whole story though, is it? More like...

Following a
    Brutal 37
    Much 36
    A lot of 46
    Leading to hurt 34
    Exposing 25
    Showing no 42
    False 20
    Ends in 16
    And ultimately board 10
    Which is your 14

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. This thread was created in Jul 27, 2018, kind of dead but @DarthFader opened it for having a bit fun with it and I do thank him.:bow:
    It was reckoned to be about the culture but I thought, theme would be a better replacement for that.

The question is why doesn't today's culture spawn and allow for new serious subjects to be sung in songs?

7. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

No it isn't, as it's not a truthful question and is based on logical fallacies. Your shifting goalposts all the while won't ever give it legitimacy.
    I, for example, have done songs about climate change, child poverty and growing inequality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. DrachenFire

DrachenFire Producer

Lessee...What time is it...YEP that's where I am!
    I thought about attempting something funny, but nah...
    This thread is way too PINK for that.

Waste of perfectly good sarcasm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. robotboy

robotboy Producer

And then there's American popcorn...
    [​IMG]

10. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Well if that is the case then why don't you just ask the question outright? Seriously mate get a grip. Are you Foster?
    The last few posts you have posted have created controversy. Why do you think that is? Stop making excuses.

11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

If you want something to write about todays culture then here are a few ideas.

1.Gender Identity
    2.Censorship
    3.Fake News
    4.Post Feminism
    5.Us vs Them
    6.Social Engineering
    7.Transhumanism
    8.Imigration
    9.Geo-Engineering
    10. Politics
    11.War
    12.Artificial Inteligence

There's plenty more if you care to do a bit of research.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. I'm not the only case. The case is the mainstream. If you can write the best songs about those topics or others but aren't allowed to be heard in the mainstream, what would be point?

Lots of books have been written about the western culture (in all of its aspects) but in reality, the government has taken possession of the society and doesn't allow those topics to be practiced in it, of course in the POP form (which has a large number of audiences) not ROCK, RAP, etc.

Are these topics the only ones that the humanity is doomed to hear about them forever?
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/subjects-for-lyrics.40003/#post-345708

13. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

More goalpost moving, foster. And in any case, you're wrong... again.

Plenty of examples of weighty topics have made it in to mainstream songs.

14. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I would agree with you that modern day mainstream pop/rock etc. doesnt address such issues as much as it did in the past. Much of the charts today are filled with pap homogenous mind numbing tosh. People have to search outside of the mainstream to find music that is worthy of listening to. This seems to be more true these days than days gone by. This, however should not stop one from writing what is in their heart even if the writer is the only one who gets to hear his own song. The point is the satisfaction of creating music purely for your own enjoyment and not mainstream success unless that is your intended goal. Anyway, that is only my opinion and opinions are ten a penny.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

After 10+ beers even John Wayne would like European pop corns.
    Let's make that 15+ when he was fat :wink:

16. @DieM .. That was not a putdown, just the opposite. I hope that you didn't recieve it that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Yes, in the past (1987).

Today artists are in the background, and scientists and politicians are controlling everything and systematically regulating the society and beliefs. They don't let illiterate artists sabotage their plans. At this time, musicians can't make sth move any more except arses and arse isn't a dependable thing because there's a perpetual fear that it commits treason against its owner.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
  18. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

And the point you miss, not that it's even relevant, is that serious topics can break through in any market at any time.

That's just another of your goal post shifting opinions, which honestly, I find to be total bs like the rest of them.
    Unless of course you can back it up with facts, names and dates, the scientist (lol), politicians and the artists involved?

19. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

2017 recent enough?

Or maybe 2018

:shalom:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Sorry, I meant the rich. :hillbilly: