WAVES complete VR or R2R (neither work)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lecram, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

So It's not a patching problem. I've tested now with the legit installation and plugins still don't open in Studio One or any other DAW. So it's a WAVES issue.

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Well, but with many everything works and with some it doesn't! For many, things are going very well and stably!

Posting 8
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/waves-central-legal-waves-plugins.32827/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Bizarre.
    It sounds like a problem with your system.
    Of course that makes me go back to clean up...
    But I don't think there is much in registry .. just soundgrid ASIO setting i think.
    Using REVO uninstaller to install and then uninstall might find something overlooked, but ...dunno.
    It would be nice if some guru who has been on vacation would find this thread and enlighten us.

I would even try testing my machine hardware with a new install of Windows on another drive and see if it works there.

4. HxCMF

HxCMF Noisemaker

As DoubleTake said, it's probably a system thing :(
    I see you mentioned Win10 21H1 update - that thing seems to be what killed everything for me a few days ago! Still trying to figure out how to fix it, but I'd suggest NOT doing what I've done (uninstall/reinstall 100x). IF they fix it & everything is in the same place as before it should hopefully work again for you -- good luck!!

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If Windows causes trouble, it doesn't have to be a new installation. There are many options for repairing a broken Windows installation.

Repair corrupt Windows system files
    1. Open the command prompt with admin rights via the start menu. To do this, enter “cmd”, click the result with the right mouse button and select “Run as administrator”.
    2. Enter the command sfc / scannow.
    3 Windows will now check the file system structure. If errors are found, Windows tries to fix them automatically. Then you have to restart the PC.

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

True enough, but my idea was to just test the hardware with virgin Windows.

7. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

I don't think It's a release problem nor a patching issue. I've tried installing version 10 of WAVES with the R2R release and everything okay but with the same problem. PLUGINS DO NOT LOAD UP in the DAW.

I believe that it has to do with my version of windows, I updated my PC and then I started to have this problem. I've installed and uninstalled everything 100x hahahhaha your comment came a little bit late. But yep, hopefully if waves or windows fixes this in another update, the problem is going to be fixed automatically.

For the community interest: Windows 10 Home - 10.0.19042 Build 19042

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

O.K now let's leave the installation and see if we can get on with this:

Resolve Waves Plugins Not Working in Studio One after Update 2021

9. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

That's exactly what happens to me. But it also happens in Ableton and Pro Tools. I've done the plugin rescan a few times but it doesn't help... Anyway it's great to see you are not the only one handling with these problems

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

This 2 drivers need to be install:
    - microsoft visual c++ 2012 redistributable www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=30679
    - microsoft visual c++ 2015-2019 redistributable www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=48145

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Lecram

Lecram Newbie

Best Answer
    So after asking support about it they told me to do this and magically now all the plugins load up in Studio One and all the DAWs. Thank you everyone for your interest and support. Here's the solution!

From the issue you are describing, I suggest reinstalling the Microsoft Redistributables, follow the orders below:
    1. Go to the path: C:\Program Files\Waves Central\resources\res\external\Redistributables.
    2. Inside each folder reinstall the Redistributable file.
    3. If one is failing go to the Add or Remove Programs in Settings.
    4. Search for the Redistributable that failed and Uninstall it first - then reinstall it from the Waves folder.
    There was a problem with Microsoft Redistributables C++ and after uninstalling and reinstalling all of them it magically worked like a charm as before (v12 of the plugins)

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Sounds like @BEAT16 might be a winner, too, but i guess it depends on whether it's the right ones...
    Seems there was an issue with MS redistributables with other products as well, and reinstalling them fixed it...can't recall now which VSTs ...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  13. Prod.By50K

Prod.By50K Newbie

Ok.. complete noob here.. I have a new pc that I’m trying to install waves on. I’m also having this exact problem which is new because I’ve installed waves 10s of times with no issue. After days of installing and reinstalling I came across this thread. @Lecram how do I know if the distributables are failing? And how do I reinstall them? If anyone could give me a step by step that would be super helpful.

14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

First, uninstall all remnants of files from Waves according to the following instructions:

- 1 Step -

Uninstall Waves Products
    Last updated on: 10/11/2021

Follow these instructions to uninstall Waves plugins and applications using Waves Central or uninstall unused individual plugins manually.

Note that Waves Central allows you to uninstall Waves plugins by version only. For instance, you can only uninstall all your Waves V13 plugins at once — or all your Waves V11 plugins at once and so on.

Individual plugins must be removed manually, as described below.
    Waves applications (such as SuperRack or eMotion LV1) and Waves SoundGrid I/O drivers can only be uninstalled together as one.

Uninstall via Waves Central:

1. Quit all audio apps.
    2. Launch the Waves Central application:
      • Windows: via the desktop shortcut or Start Menu > All Programs > Waves Central.
      • Mac: Applications > Waves Central.
    3. Log into Waves Central using your Waves account information.
    4. Go to the Settings tab.
    5. Under Maintenance, select the products/version you wish to uninstall in the dropdown menu, and click Uninstall.
    Uninstall unused individual plugins manually:

1. Quit all audio apps.
    2. Navigate to the relevant plugin version folder:
      • Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V13 (or whichever version is installed on your device).
      • Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Waves > Plug-Ins V13 (or whichever version is installed on your device).
    3. The plugin file you wish to remove will be named after the plugin, in this format: [PluginName].bundle. For example, the plugin file for Reel ADT will be named Reel ADT.bundle.
    4. Delete the plugin file/s you wish to remove (or move to a backup folder).
    5. Clear Waves preferences:
      Windows:
      • Click the Windows key + ‘R’ and enter %appdata%, click Enter.
      • Delete the Waves folder inside the 'Roaming' folder that appears.
      Mac: Delete the "Waves Preferences" folder located at HD > Users > Current user > Library > Preferences (this folder is accessed by going to the Go menu and holding down the Alt\option key. This will reveal the Library option).

- 2 Step -

Waves License Engine Emultator Only
    "Clean Up:"
    1.) If you have installed bad crack by VR,Uninstall Waves.
    2.) Remove : %LOCALAPPDATA%\Waves Audio\Waves Local Server\
    3.) Restart computer.

Install - How to - Windows

1,) Create a Account on Waves https://www.waves.com/create-account
    2.) Download the Waves Central https://www.waves.com/downloads/central
    3.) You start the "Wave Central" log in and then you install what you need.
    4.) After the installation you copy the emulator in % PROGRAMDATA% \ Waves Audio \ Modules \
    5.) Note: Hiddden folder / C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio\Modules

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  15. Dsavvid

Dsavvid Noisemaker

I tried waves 13, once with V.R Patch and once with R2R emulator(after uninstalling) and they did not work (the cubase/win10 crashed). So I went back to waves 12

16. jeffreyJ

jeffreyJ Newbie

hello, can someone help me. I tried to install waves full bundle. i can install the plugin in the central panel, but then i have to active them. this is not possible because i don't see any licenses in the central panel. I think i have done something wrong. i also see in ableton the waveshell files. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

17. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

hi, how did u know which redistributable are the fail one? im gonna be crazy xdddddd

18. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

forget it i do all of those.. and still studio one seeing plugins from waves that are not there anymore, and cant recognize the Waves Harmony.....