Waves Central - legal waves plugins

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triple, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hey,

Some time ago I installed "Waves Complete v2016 12 26 incl Patched and Keygn-R2R" from the sister site.

I bought a few waves plugins on a sale. I uninstalled the R2R Waves Complete (by simple clicking "uninstal" in windows' control panel)

I installed Waves Central on my PC (to activate my legal waves plugins) but I can't launch Waves Central.
    Could it be because of some remaining files from the R2R Waves Complete release?

My PC is offline and I'm on Windows 7

any guesses why I can't launch Waves Central?
    reinstalling Waves Central and disabling firewall and antivirus didn't help

3. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Try uninstalling Waves Central as well as Waves Complete.

4. Owan

Owan Kapellmeister

Hi Triple!

You need to uninstall all traces of Waves. Therefor you can search your registry for <<Waves>> and delete all entries or better use <<Innovative Solutions - Advanced Uninstaller Pro>>.
    This is free and cleans your entire system correctly. I had the same issue and finally got it done using this cleaner.
    Good luck!

Owan

5. Triple

Triple Member

But I uninstalled the R2R Waves Complete a few days ago. Now, after installing Advanced UninstalledPRO, there's no WavesComplete to uninstall (in GeneralTools/Uninstall Programs)

How can I find the rubbish files of WavesComplete R2R ?

6. Owan

Owan Kapellmeister

Start AU Pro, File and Registry Tools, Registry Cleaner, tick all and clean.
    If this doesn't work, reinstall Waves Complete R2R, uninstall again and AU Pro will automatically suggest you left Waves registry traces to clean.

Good luck!
    Owan

7. Triple

Triple Member

the AUpro Registry Cleaner searched 200 positions to clean which seem to be not from the R2R WavesComplete, so I will not clean them now.
    I'll install the R2R Waves Complete once more, and then I'll uninstall it USING AU Pro? (instead of using Windows' control panel)

8. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

1: Try to uninstall and remove all the files from C:\ProgramFiles & C:\ProgramFiles x86 _ ProgramData
    type RegEdit in StartMenu search and find 'HKEY CORRENTUSER' then go to software and delete the waves,

2: Restart you computer

3: install Waves Central (Legal)

Hope it help you :)

9. Owan

Owan Kapellmeister

As I said, I had the same issue. Manually uninstalling via control panel and via manually editing the registry both didn't work!
    I removed all following folders
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves
    C:\ProgramData\Waves Audio
    C:\Program Files\Vstplugins
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming
    and all registry entries Windows found by searching the registry for <<Waves>> located at
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
    and there were still some hidden traces anywhere! Really annoying!

Then I reinstalled Waves Complete R2R and following uninstalled it using AU Pro, not via windows control panel.
    AU Pro found many more traces, I deleted them all, restarted and then my system was completely clean. Finally! :)

Good luck!
    Owan