U-He Zebra Timebomb

Discussion in 'Software' started by kola, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I don't need to prove facts. I don't answer unreasonable and rude people.
    I don't know how many versions. Because some people mixed VR versions without properly uninstalling them after. Big mess of confusion, with many people not knowing that the timebomb had nothing to do with internet, etc.. it was bananas
    Not recently, you can ask other "friends" of mine here :rofl:
    Perhaps it's the first time I really disliked one of your posts. We both know the exact phrase of the another thread. We both told our reasons, it's fine. Peace and OT out

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Only for you. None of my U-He stuff ever timebombed EVER. Stop spreading false information about something not being properly cracked, when the fault is clearly on YOUR end. 100%.

3. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

What am i rude about? Pointing out the fact, that if someone uses warez while still connected to the internet is stupid behaviour, is rude to your ego? Of course it is. No its not rude, its the truth and meant for your own growth, to learn from it. And you not answering my question, speaks volumes. So you do indeed use warez while still connected to the internet, well there you go. And thats why you experience these issues and im not.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

https://audiosex.pro/threads/u-he-zebra-timebomb.61669/page-2#post-597834

5. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

No such thing with R2R versions, and the very few versions (maybe 2-3 in the entire history) where that was the case, were fixed immediately by R2R. And if you feel hurt by truth, then obviously you have a massiv and firmly established ego, and unfortunetely this is true for 99% of the populace. Im not rude, im someone who points out the kinda facts that are hurtful to the ego, but that doesnt make these facts wrong. Its the truth but hey believe as you wish. Free will. In almost 10 years i have never ever in my life experiences any of these issues you all are reporting, not one single timebomb EVER.

6. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Why did you link to your comment? Your comment is not fact my friend. Its your opinion, nothing more.

PS: And you not answering my simple question, says it all.........im out.

Ignorance is what keeps you in a mode of stagnation for the rest of your life, never learning, never experiencing any real growth whatsoever. Much love, im out....merely because you cant teach the unteachable anything, they always think to know better, when in fact they know nothing, and even worse, think its rude when presented the truth about themselves. Oh that pesky ego. Oh well. Much love.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please use the : uBlock Origin & I don't care about cookies
    Intel Management Engine - Invisible access to CPU and RAM via USB

An operating system built into Intel processors that users have no control over creates security concerns.
    Update: The problem seems to have gotten a little bigger because, as security researchers report, they managed to gain full debug access to the Intel Management Engine via USB. On Twitter, the expert Maxim Goryachy even calls it "Game Over!" For this feature.
    The researchers apparently used the Direct Connect Interface (DCI) intended for troubleshooting via USB, which should actually be deactivated, but this is not the case with all devices. If it is active, the researchers can use it for an attack in which ultimately full access to memory and processor and thus to all data is possible via the ME.

According to Golem , neither the user nor the operating system can prevent or even recognize this. At least physical access to the computer seems to be necessary for such an attack, and of course this also enables completely different attacks. However, in contrast to other attacks, access via the ME would be completely invisible.

Secret operating system Minix without user access
    Original message: Many PCs, notebooks and servers run an Intel processor. This is no surprise given Intel's dominant market position, but the fact that a largely unknown operating system has achieved just as widespread use causes concerns among security experts.
    Virtually every Intel CPU released in the last ten years contains what is known as the Intel Management Engine .
    Under this seemingly harmless name is an operating system called Minix, which runs on its own CPU within the processor. What is special about this combination is that the user of the computer does not have any access to this area of the processor, while M inix itself can access all areas of the computer and all data.

That alone would be enough to alert security experts, but there is also the fact that Minix does not receive regular security updates and thus, once security gaps are found, pose a particularly high risk.

Web server hidden in the CPU
    But what is even worse is the software that was found within the Intel processors together with Minix : a complete network stack, a file system, many drivers for devices from the areas of USB, network and the like, and even a web server .
    According to the Networkworld report, Intel has equipped each of its newer processors with an integrated web server to which the user has no access and whose existence hardly anyone knew anything up to now.
    Much can be speculated about the reason for this as well as the intended use and possible dangers.

Too insecure in servers for Google
    But the concerns have now led Google to consider Intel processors with management engines (ME) to be so insecure that the ME can be removed from their own servers and all UEFI / BIOS functions based on them are replaced with open source software want.
    It is not yet known whether AMD has integrated similar functions. If not, that might be another reason for some companies to rely on server CPUs from AMD.
    Networkworld also has a message for private users with Intel systems:
    "" We're all Minix users now. "

Source: www.gamestar.de/artikel/sicherheitsproblem-minix-das-geheime-betriebssystem-in-intel-prozessoren,3321887.html
    Hello @ mojo777, you should support this claim with evidence, you have a few links where you can read about it.
    Hello @ mojo777, you should support this claim with evidence, you have a few links where you can read about it.

8. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Then please explain why there is an undisputed problem with "LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven Professional v1.3.3 READ NFO-R2R" (check comments in the post @ sister site).
    I've personally encounter the exact same issue with that release although my DAW is not connected to the internet:

Happymusicgirl
    Member 17.07.2018
    Update: I had the opportunity to test the cracked version against the legit one and the cracked one is not proper.
    The legit one does (unsurprisingly) have a realtime LFO that modulates panning in the earlyreflection pattern generator but it does it in a subtle and useful way. It enriches the pattern and that's about it.
    The panning of the cracked version inside the ER generator is over the top and makes the reverb simply unusable for rooms that have loud early reflections.
    Sorry to say but the maker of the plugin tricked r2r with this :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

I dont need to read anything, im reading every single day and im well informed. Nor do i experience any issues. I was just trying to point out facts, and stupidity. Nor was i merely referring to cookies. Here is a cold hard fact for you. As of today, there is literally no way to move through the internet a 100% anonymously. NONE (unless its the darknet). Not with VPN's, not with anythign else, just none. If you think otherwise, then obviously you know nothing about the internet and how big brother knows your every move.

PS: I dont need to support anything with claims. Those who experience issues need to prove their claim that R2R versions are not cracked properly. You got it upside down friend.

10. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Your DAW is not connected to net? But your PC is eh? LOL LOL LOL? And what has your DAW to do with a plugin? Im just not gonna participate in this silliness, nothing will come of it. Especially when my questions are ignored. So have fun guys, for me everything works as intended, i experience none of these issues you all report about, im good, take care y'all.

PS: Cant teach the unteachable. It will always be a waste of time, had to learn that the hard way years ago, i mean just look at yourselves, every single one of you thinks to know better, including those who actually experience issues, LOL, but somehow you still know better eh? Oh the irony. Yeah thats funny indeed and im not into wasting time. Much love, im out.

EDIT: The root of all problems is NOT money, its the ego. Good luck on your path and much love. Im out for good....poof....gone.....

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Holy sweet Jesus.. the guy's on fire :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Im always on fire for the truth ;)

PS: And typical, instead of focusing on what i said, you focus on me as a person, and thats what you get in life, nothing....you learned nothing, you experienced no growth, nothing. But you could have if you only humbled yourself and actually listened to what im telling you, but you think to know better, so hey, good for you, after all its not me experiencing issues ;)

You couldnt even answer a simple question of mine, why not? lol

Know thyself. Then your life will start to prosper and you wont have Take care, now im really out....Wasted enough time for today on ignoramuses and those who always think to know better.

13. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

used to have timebomb after installing R2R latest release. I have installed the V.R version before, but uninstalled them but still getting timebomb with the R2R. After fiddling around I found the culprit. I figured the V.R uninstaller doesn't really remove everything, especially the symlink folder created during the installation. Among them is the license file in the "Support" folder for each of the synth. Normally uninstaller wouldn't delete the license file, so that the user can update the product without doing the registration all over again.

It is located inside the ProgramData\u-He folder (or wherever you chose to install them previously). The shortcut to the location is usually created inside your VST folders.

Uninstall everything, then clear all the files/folder inside that folder manually before installing the R2R version. I never had any timebomb ever since and been using u-He synth everyday without fail, especially Repro1, Diva and Zebra.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Exactly, just like i said, only people who dont know what they are doing. Most dont even know what a clean install means. That sometimes involves removing registry lines manually.

PS: Funny how Xupito liked that guys post when i said the exact same thing, just a little harsher. Oh that pesky ego, lol. Funny indeed. So that guy receives a "like" but im somehow wrong, when i was pointing out the exact same thing, amongst other things, lol. I love it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Sorry, I can't help myself...

16. BambooPestle

BambooPestle Producer

@Stevie Dude

I think this is the real reason. I have no installed VR bundle before and does not have timebombs for now as i said.
    But on VR release i can see timebombs reports on different sites from ~november, 4.
    So better make full cleanup everything after VR and install R2R.
    I love VR, but R2R handle timetombs way better, especially so tricky bombs :)

17. mojo777

mojo777 Kapellmeister

Of course you cant. Your behaviour and your intelligence reflects the highest form of immaturity. Just straight up childish. And "reading" doesnt seem to be your strongsuit. What did i tell you just now about focusing on a person vs focusing on the issue at hand? Which one is the benefical, the one you "could" learn from? You still have a lot to learn kiddo.....take care now.

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Well, it's been a blast @mojo777 but it's beer time. I can only add: good luck trying to provoke me. Many have tried, very few succeeded.
    Cheers!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. tnc

tnc Producer

"But I do have a lot of projects that have Zebra in them, suck."...... BUY it then = problem solved!

20. johnw

johnw Kapellmeister

Zebra 2.90 R2R with the Ahlt.... serial still working , presonus with kaspersky firewall ...