TransVST not loading presets

Discussion in 'Software' started by GaiusBaltar, Jan 25, 2020.

1. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

I've been trying super hard to get all of my old AIR plugins on Pro Tools 12.3 AudioUTOPIA and running. I broke down and bought the AIR FX collection, used TransVST to wrap them, followed all the instructions, finally got PT to recognize a test plugin, but all the presets for the plugin are missing. I looked into what I could find on here, found an answer that I'm not sure what to do with regarding Importing FXB/FXP.

My test/example plugin that I've been using is AIR Talkbox. I wrap it, hit the Import FXB/FXP button, and it directs me to my file explorer. Not sure if I'm in the right folder but I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AIR Music Technology\AIR Talkbox\Presets and highlight each one individually (I get an error in TransVST if I try to highlight them all), hit open, it says done! in TransVST at the bottom and I'm thinking yay I did it and I finish up with the VST fixer. So I open a PT session, open AIR Talkbox, presets are showing up and I'm like yay I actually really did do it!!!, click on a preset and I get an error reading FXB/FXP :sad:

Am I on the right track here at least? Maybe wrong folder for accessing FXB/FXP? I've been messing with this for hours now and any help would be appreciated.

3. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

T
    TransVST does not load presets. There is a AIR AAX AudioTOPIA blundle out there so you don't need to wrap them. Any VST inside PT is better with Bluecats Pathwork. You can load VST3 as well and save the preset. I try don't to use any kind of converted files inside PT, just AAX native files. But when is not possible, I do use Bluecats. It is the better option.

4. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

I looked up the AIR AAX AudioTOPIA bundle on the sister site and wasn't able to find anything that was active. If I can't go that route, I'm wondering if the Blue Cat Patchwork plugin will load all of my previous session's AIR FX the way they were mixed and saved or will I have to start over.

Long story short, I had to upgrade my PC where I was using legit Pro Tools MP9, had tons of sessions I was still working on, but all I used were the AIR plugins that came with it- so I'm stuck trying to pick up where I left off using Pro Tools 12 and it has been a nightmare.

5. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

Well...The AIR blundle comes with the PT12.3 itself, if the memory serves me well...I got it installed here and all AIR are working. Try to find the PT12.3.ISO installer file in torrent version. It will contain all the FXs by AudioTOPIA (AIR and AVID FXs too).
    I don't think Bluecats can do it for you now since you had PT9. IT uses RTAS plugin dna. They are quite different from AAX. You can run both PT versions 9 and 12 in your machine, by the way, since it won't install over. Some guys are using the new legit PT Ultimate and 12x versions as well.
    PT12 is very nice, like it a alot. But it can't load RTAS for you, just PT10 and below. Sorry.

6. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

Hmm. Its funny, I had a version of PT 10 that I deleted once I got PT 12 to work. Should I try to install PT10 again? Can I have them both on the same PC?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  7. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

They should work side by side. The point is you can't load a session from PT12 with PT10. If you google about that you'll find lots of info on both PT versions on the same PC, since one is RTAS.

8. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

Also, my PT 12 never came with AIR FX, but Xpand2 is playing everything from my PT MP9 sessions in PT 12.3 AudioUTOPIA. And to make matters even more confusing, I reinstalled my PT 10 cr*ck and it is reading all the FX from my sessions, but no Xpand2! I can't win lol.

9. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

You're righy. The AIR bundle was cracked by AudioTOPIA but it came in another package. What comes along it is the Avid FX. I just found it here to make sure.
    You need to see if your Xpand2 is RTAS or AAX cause PT12 only see AXX files. Maybe the Xpand you got is AAX so the PT10 can't read it.
    If you want to use both versions you will need to install everything double. RTAS for PT10 and AXX plugs to PT11/12+. I can't garantee if PT12 will load all the saved presets from the older sessions, but you will able to reset them, at last.
    If you are running Windows you can try to open both PT versions at same time. Just set the PT10 to your main audio interface and the PT12 to the generic windows audio, since it can run with any audio driver. So, open the same session in both of them and just set the plugins to the same settings in PT12. It will give you lots of work, but is better than to find the settinhs again. You need to do that one by one, once you save that session, it is done. I guess it's worth a shot.

10. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

Thanks for your help, Metallium. Pro Tools 10 isn't working at all anymore, but I did make some progress on PT 12- I made another post in software, scrapping the idea of TransVST and PT 10 with an update of where I am: https://audiosex.pro/threads/xpand2-weird-issues.51871/