Xpand2! weird issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by GaiusBaltar, Jan 26, 2020.

1. GaiusBaltar

GaiusBaltar Newbie

I've been spending the last week trying to get my new Windows 10 PC to run my older PT sessions on AudioUTOPIA's Pro Tools 12.3. I got Xpand2 showing up and letting me record new tracks with it- but the problem now is that it won't recognize and play sounds that I recorded from previous sessions.

For instance, I'll load a previous session, everything will load up properly, no missing plugins. Xpand2 insert is active on the tracks that I recorded it on, the midi data is showing, but the clip is grayed out and there is no sound in playback. Also, Xpand2 shows <factory default> as the preset instead of the preset that it was recorded with.

Weird thing is, I had issues getting AIR FX (AIR Reverb, AIR Delay, etc.)) working for the past few days, but during this time, Xpand2 was working!! It was reading and playing the correct presets and everything- just no FX. So I'm really frustrated and could use some guidance to get Xpand2 working properly. Thanks!

3. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

I have no idea about what is going on. I just tried here and everything is working great. Xpand2, all AIR FXs...under PT12.3, Reaper6 and Studio One. I got a Xpand VST version too, so I am able to run it in Reaper/S1/Sonar...
    Since I don't have any PT9 or 10 sessions to simulate your problem, I guess I can't help you more on this one.
    Try to reinstall your AIR FX, running with adm rights. Maybe this is a no go issue since PT10 and PT12 were built on a quite different tecnology. Who knows...
    Try to post this problem at Avid Forum about PT12. Suddenly an expert may shows up and save the day. If so, just share it with us, please.
    Good luck, mate!

4. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Try PT 12.5 too