ToNYG: My decision to leave AS(better to hear it from the horse's mouth)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TonyG, Sep 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

Thank you,
    a) honestly don't recall doing that. could you point me to where it happened?
    b) well that's not really a secret is it? you can easily identify members that left by their status. the image i've attached contains no IP nor any personal details. it's merely a statistics that must be available to everyone.

2. Daz

Daz Guest

Huh :woot::rofl:
    Wasgedn, what are you on about, Jeen thought you needed to be logged in to read comments here, I simply explained that you don't need to be logged in to read comments here, please explain what is childish about that, and why is it a drama, and non democratic members...:wtf:
    What has that got to do with my reply to Jeen.
    Gee Waz, you've lost the plot badly mate, your comment doesn't even make sense :sad:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2018
  3. Then all is well in your world, that's great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Sci-Fi/fasntasy geek here ))
    That novel should get even more credit, it's (almost) at the level of 1984 and so on...

Now we are talking! :disco:
    ... wait, isn't AS for that? ... were's the delete button damn it...

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Sorry for the late reply. But @No Avenger replied for me.
    a) rules
    b) I don't think it's ok, at least from an ethical point of view, to show us data, the admins only should see. In this case it brings some useres into ridicule. It wasn't needed for us to understand your point how many times those people decided to leave and how many times they made up their mind.

For the forum rules it's essential in my opinion, that at least the admins follow them to set a good example.

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Well he chose to leave....:dunno::dunno:. The whole ultimatum thingy, "ban my ennemies or my vast knowledge shall be gone ! :guru: "...Frankly ? Not cool.
    The admins or whomever he had troubles with are 5 to 6 people, we who had no problem with him are many more.
    He made his choice to make a splash and be gone. He did it before, so maybe he'll come back ? :dunno:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. SAiNT

and what makes you think i quoted a PM?

what rule did i break exactly? :woot:

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Could be a matter of opinion, but I think everything that's not communicated in public is private.

10. "Enemies or my vast knowledge shall be gone" is wholly your own trip and surely not close to the reason that he felt it time to bow out, as well it not touching anywhere near the sadness and regret for the members at large that I had hoped to relate in my post. He is a wonderful educator and has the rare ability to explain an answer to a question from varied angles of inquiry, so to enable even the novice to grasp the handle of perhaps very difficult, multi-level answers. Only the very best of my teachers and professors have had this rare and valuable gift. So, yes, once again, it is a shame and we lost a gem, albeit perhaps in your mind, a rough cut.

11. SAiNT

It is definitely a matter of opinion, because i don't believe in "private" on the internet. Knowledge must be free.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Could you please explain yourself.

13. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I'm stating the obvious, that comes directly from TonyG explanation and list of demands. He is a lovely man, very helpfull like it's been said by many me included. He made the choice to leave for what I consider petty reasons (whether you agree or not, that's my take from his explanation).
    He had to deal with, what ? 3 downvoters (who got downvoted themselves by the complainers of the downvotings) ?Mokay....
    How many people paid their respect when he was in bad shape ?
    You think we own anything to TonyG ? I don't.
    He had the warmest welcome this community had to offer (short from a few members, but again who cares), but yet he choses to slam the door in our faces for petty matters. It's the second time he does that. Second time he puts his skills in the balance in order to obtain that the rules of the site change for his own personnal sake. Had he aimed the reform of the forum, talking it out would have been a better strategy. Making a scene wasn't.

I would also greatly enjoy an explanation on that one.
    Like, let's suppose and be in a completely imaginary world, if say someone provided stuffs to you. This stays private right ? There is at least privacy for that on the internet, right ?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

@SAiNT you know I like how you run the site(s) but I must disagree with the following "sophist" lines.

He never talked about a rule

No comment...

15. SAiNT

what then?

in that context, of course, i would never betray my members trust; i was speaking generally, that your privacy is only in your hands and if you want it stay that way - don't use the internet. (i kind of just quoted John McAfee)

but this is an off-topic. When you use user self-delete feature, you can specify the reason why you did it, and that's exactly what i quoted :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers for the explanations @SAiNT :wink: ! That's what I thought I understood, just wanted to make sure !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Every single word that you wrote is patently absurd and you are only reading into what he wrote in his explaination for leaving to satisfy some misplaced...emotion of some sort that you are feeling. Quote where he said "do what I say or else". Nope, never said it nor implied it, nor is there any list of demands. Go ahead, copy and paste the list, I read his post again and again, and once more again to make sure...there is none. He disagreed with management decisions, plain and simple and nothing else can be read into it below the surface, of that I am fairly certain. He doesn't seem the type to veil threats or hold punches in a tangle. He probably would still be here if they had made other decisions, but at this juncture the point is moot. He held nobody or any idea ransom to try to get his way. Although he has shown himself to be kind and open, at least to me, I really wouldn't want to spend any time in the ring with him, or as much as I would with a young Pit Bull Mike Tyson...I wouldn't last 5 seconds, it would be me biting off more than I could chew (maybe somebody will get this, maybe not).

And, you are also putting words into my mouth by implying that I think that "we" owe anything to him. If though however we do owe him anything, now that you mention it, it would be to show him enough respect not to turn his words around as lies against the good work and deeds he was able and willing to do while he was here, although for this short time...for seemingly some self satisfying reason of your own. Shame on you and have more respect for yourself not to need to resort to twisting the truth like that to try to win a pointless argument that you yourself created out of thin air for what seems as for the sake of argument and drama.

And now to what I feel the silliest part, but I guess that I need to respond...

As for all the well wishing when he was in a coma, that was wonderful and a mitzvah that you also, as well as the many who posted as also those just hoping privately wishing him a full recovery...but is an odd reason for you to think him to feel a need to stay, and a bit I feel selfish of you for thinking it in the first place. I'm fairly certain there were many well wishers also at the hospital, nurses, doctors as well as supporting staff and visitors where he lay unconscious until he awoke and returned to the world...no reason to stay after what he felt a need or want to be there either.

Just my own opinion...whether you agree or not, that's my take from your explanation.

18. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

No sh*t lol
    That was easy, wasn't? Thanks for the clarification.

19. DJK

DJK Rock Star

think its time to remove this now

20. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

He asked "to the administration" for members who dislike or nasty rate to be banned if they don't justify their ratings. None of that banning stuff is in the rules. It's not a reasonable request, and it was obvious that making that request a condition sine qua non for him remaining here would lead to his departure. He could have brought the subject up front for debate, then who knows ? The banning of people who dislike( twice, pfff) your opinion seems drastic to me, but a lot of people me included wouldn't be against a rethink of the rating system.....Not that the fact that I agree with that would make this forum any less privately own, and thus ultimately its ruling is left to its only rightfull king and owner...

The rest of your...remarks...muh...just garbage, twist of my words...yadiyada. I don't feel like hurting my back. I would have to, if I have to sink low enough to answer to that crap. Cheers :wink:, SLS.