ToNYG: My decision to leave AS(better to hear it from the horse's mouth)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TonyG, Sep 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

What ? Oh sht you are right Spyfx is gone. Can you link that letter please, i visited Judge Dredd's profile to check what he posted only to find he's gone too. I need at least to have a hint why SpyFx has left for the 2nd time. Beth's also gone... Beats the hell out of me if i understand wth is going on ... Ahh well...

2. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

After Judge posted this : https://audiosex.pro/threads/dredd-has-left-the-building.41244/ (second paragraph, about the precious haters), Spyfx.2.0 started a profile deletion process (I guess because Judge already said such things in the past , as those two were arguing after Judge did a mock up post of Spy post, which was the reason for Spyfx.1 first departure). He has since stopped the deletion process, to my relief.

I'm not sure what happened with @Beth. Last time I read a comment from her she posted a candid joke on one of Foster thread, got a few laughts from a few of her friends and a nasty from a unknown member (the ones we were refering to earlier, who only come out of the woods to downvote)...After that pouff....Gone. I'm not sure if it was that event, or all the drama unfolding lately, but sure enought she is gone. It's a real shame too. Probably our biggest loss with Cav Emp and Von_Steyr. Well SubGenre too....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  3. I cannot for the next three days post as I have been penalized for something which I have not done. I reflected on another member's comment and wished to show that the mention of a person in the political arena does not necessarily and automatically make it politically motivated. I feel that I successfully defended my intention.

Though, it seems that I can. I am a bit confused.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
  4. She left on her own accord, as well as I might.

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Nothing will change if people just bounce away. I would hate my AS without my SLS. The same way it sucks without a zest of Beth.

6. Has anybody read the book by Ray Bradbury, a dystopian novel where firemen burn books and outlaws living outside of society memorize whole books word by word so that they are not lost, called Farenheit 451? Or, has anyone asked the question, "Who is John Galt?".

That is where Beth resides, in that corner of the mind where logic trumps knee jerks and fairness overtakes wrongs.

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

i can understand why the old crew is leaving ! i may aswell \m/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

sorry people i missed something. who is TonyG ???

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Anyway, I'll be sad to see @TonyG go, if he does. I just hope he rethinks, seems like a cool guy & funny also. I keep using one of the expressions he said to me IRL *blush*! I mean, objectively, we're talking about some meaningless drama about tiny lil icons, ffs! Surely anything (everything) in the world is moar important than this astonishingly trivial, manufactured-for-effect beef?

Is it part of the rules? I dunno.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And: there are rules? =) Also: persuant? Sounds liek @TonyG has rubbed off on someone else! =)

Anyway, I just think that saying "Rating not based on content but done deliberately by jerks who the administration should ban" is a bit much, speaking personally. (Although I'm not quibbling w/ the jerk part, that's defo true facts! =) But I have given (check my profile a mere handful of) nasty ratings to ppl; solely when they've posted nasty things. That's all. I have also given *ahem* sarcastic "winner" ratings. Mostly (only) to special people (von Steyr)!

Anyway, I don't know this Dredd guy, haven't spoken to him & have no idea why he's singled me out. AFAIC nobody has special status, even if they think they're entitled to have it - one of the bigger (endless drama) problems around here. Can't speak to if the mods have done their job regulating over/under use of tiny icons, but the rules (if there are any?) are very loose, which is a good thing imo.

11. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Agreed on the losses. Thanks for making this clear mate. Spyfx switched his profile to limited viewing and i wrongly thought he was gone, my bad. I read Dredd's post, it is my understanding the dude has issues against the world. I never understood how he managed to irritate-implicate Spyfx and why Spy decided to play in Dredd's "game", i consider Spyfx one the most gentle blokes around here and a friend who is always ready to help, i ll just have to ask him i guess. Subgenre is still here man and wow you got me for a sec, i consider him a friend here.
    Seems to me he doesn't like your witty sarcasm when applied or simply hates your guts? It's probably how he put you in the same "boat" with lambchop who -although a sharp individual- has exhibited some extreme hate messaging cloaked as sarcastic, imho always.
    Errr... If you 're leaving can i have those 4 Distressors from the bottom right ?:hahaha: And if i say please can i take the 1176 and the Focusrite Red too?
    Just kidding of course, but jokes aside we 've lost many good peeps in a very short period of time. I just hope you don't flip and follow them man. Be well and always creative dude :)

12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Sure thing, Yeah Sub and Cav didn't delete their profile (fortunately) and Sub posts music video from time to time in the chat or in the dedicated thread (what are you listening to now)....That's it (come on dudes grace us with your presence!). I haven't seen Cav in a while after he briefly came back a few month ago. I miss those two daily contributions.
    I don't know what's up with Judge and why he targets those two. I mean I had a lot of common ground with him when he was still Alien, and he has always been a guy who just says things as he thinks they are, which I can and did appreciate. But the whole anger thing, targeting specific (nice) individuals....I don't know, that's not my thing. Kind of a painfull scene tbh. I hope the dust will settle quick.

Same for me @Jaymz ! Don't you walk on us too !

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

she left and wrote this as the reason:
    and i totally agree with that. :sad:

14. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

WTF??? Has this site become a psycho day care center? if you and the other drama king don't like it ,simply move on. Truth be told ..in a few weeks time ..no one is gonna miss ya. if I was still a mod. I would have bounced this whole entire subject back to your moms original ISP!!All ya'll doing bitcin and lookin for confirmation .. just go away and stop wasting bandwidth

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Move a muscle and i 'll come wherever you are and drag your ass back in here :metal:. Only kidding of course but we 've suffered enough losses don't you think so my friend?
    Read the book (i am sci-fi/fantasy geek) and have seen the movie adaptations. The François Truffaut 's 1966 movie (the year i was born lol) was a hard to find one but it's a sort of a cinema masterpiece. The new 2018 adaptation is a sub-standard flop, mainly due to very bad direction imho. How can people take some already great existing content and instead of expanding on it to make something even better they fk it up so badly ? Ahh, i am mumbling out of the thread's context, forgive me.
    Cheers mate

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

Saint, why bother to keep these threads open..

agree!
    I truly hate to bump this crap, but its in your face every time you get in here!

this strange idea of letting these threads to continue on and on and on..
    to me its totally beyond any logic and more so pretty disrespectful towards the site and members in general.

who likes to have garbage decorating the entrance of their home?

there is absolutely nothing to "learn" or "mature" in these threads.

its just pure pus cultivation

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. DJK

DJK Rock Star

time to wrap this thread up, as i saw other people are jumping on the same bandwagon, if people want to leave then do it, why make drama, like children seeking attention,

18. beatletown

beatletown Guest

If you do agree with that, then why did you let people like Foster do his thing and make dozens of people leave and run this site into a 2nd grade forum?
    Every day running his pseudoscience on its members to the point people like Beth and others just gave up.
    Dozens and dozens of members have been complaining for a year and nothing happened. I think Foster is even back at his game (again).
    I know you are not around all the time, but your mods are and they did nothing.
    So basically the politics is, one guy and his pseudo scientific posts are worth more than dozens of valuable members who actually contributed something.
    I know he has some fans like @famouslut (who i respect), could be a stockholm syndrome, lol, but all in all it has all gotten very bizarre.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I wish I could work out how to grab those pesky liquids, especially shiny rainbow unicorn liquids! Seems rude to use a shot glass... Also laborious..

Well, I think foster is a bit of a misunderstood (goodhearted?) klutz, I just love the sort of googletranslate Franglish (?) he uses. Also that he innocently aims words like "jazzers" at people. Which still makes me giggle every time! It may also be because of his avatar. Tooloud syndrome I guess you could call it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. beatletown

beatletown Guest

Adopt him then, just keep him away from public places and don`t feed it after midnight.