this instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed" - NEED KONTAKT HELP IN MAC

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by jellis, Jun 12, 2020.

1. jellis

jellis Newbie

Hi,

First off, Im very familiar with Kontakt and adding libraries. I know a lot of people here ask the same question here but I am not asking your "typical" noob kontakt question.

I KNOW you have to install 5.6 to add libraries and then open them in a cracked version of 6 to get them to run. I'm WELL AWARE of SNIPD numbers. I know you need to get the nicnt and the xml to match.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple versions of kontakt 6 from 6.01 - 6.22. Right now I am running Kontakt 6.21

Here's my question....

I add all my libraries in Kontakt 5.6. The ones that do not show up, I check the SNIPD and XML numbers to make sure they match... then they show up in 5.6 and 6. HOWEVER, almost EVERY LIBRARY in KONTAKT 6 says

"this instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed"

It's driving me absolutely insane. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Kontakt 5.6 and 6. I've removed plists and XMLs. I've changed drives that my libraries are on. I've redownloaded libraries as well. NOTHING has worked.

I had ALL my libraries working but had to reformat my iMac. I have ALL my stuff dialed in. I was expecting to load my libraries today and be done. The problem is NOT that the libraries do not load (thats a simple SNIPD fix....) its that once I try to access them in KONTAKT 6 it gives me the error stated above. What's even stranger is that about %70 don't load open up and %30 do open up. So strange

Please please please help.

MAC OSX - MOJAVE 10.14.6

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

Library not found issue is a nicnt joke.

something more need to be edited inside to work.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Stupifend

Stupifend Newbie

6. waverider

waverider Rock Star

ok this is probably way too obvious, but did you also try using the portable/P2P&r4e version and using the built-in library manager to add libraries?

7. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

Directory to the libraries is written in plists located in /Library/Preferences/"library name".plist

If the plist(s) is/are not there, no way that Kontakt 6 can know the location of it/them.

Make sure that Kontakt 5 does have full access to everywhere...

Question: does Kontakt 5 ask for admin password when you add a new library ?
    If not, there's no way that the related plist can be created.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

9. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

@jellis
    Did you remove the plist files from both Library/Preferences locations (the one from [yoursystemdrive]/Library and the other in Users/[yourusername]/Library)?
    Some libraries (like the ones from NI) need to be added with its given installer, not just adding them manually.
    I remember people mentioning that one of the latest version had an issue and it was recommended to use the newest version, I think 6.22.

Edit:
    I found the comment where the solution for another user was to move to 6.22
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/librar...ot-appear-in-kontakt.43525/page-2#post-465693

10. Rainy Keys

Rainy Keys Kapellmeister

11. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

There are different causes. When someone had a system working and got this problem after reinstalling it, it's a special case. Can be caused by the chosen Kontakt version or can be caused by adding some other libraries that weren't before the reformatting...

If not that reformatting/reinstalling case, there can be some simple problems like an incorrect nicnt file. There are libraries (especially by NI) that can't be added with some random nicnt file, they require a specific HU and JDX code in it.
    Try not to get libraries from unreliable sources.
    To find the solution you need to give more details:
    - mac or pc?
    - which Kontakt version exactly?
    - which library had the issue with?
    - is there an nicnt file in the library's folder?
    - if so, what was the SNPID code in that nicnt file?
    - after adding the library in Kontakt 5.6.0 (in case of mac users), do you find the related .xml file in Service Center and the .plist file in both Library/Preferences locations?
    - did you check permission for Service Center and for Preferences folder?
    - did you check in Service Center amongst the .xml files if there isn't another library already added with the same SNPID code?
    - did you check in the user-specific Library/Prefences (in Finder in Go menu while pressing Alt key, click on Library), if there is the related .plist file for the library?
    - did you check if in that location the other libraries' .plist file don't contain as same integer number as for the problematic library, under the UserListIndex line:
    <key>UserListIndex</key>
    <integer>76</integer>

As many times you try adding a bunch of libraries as more chance to screw with them.