The love it or hate it OEKSOUND Soothe thread.

Discussion in 'Software' started by The Pirate, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Are you a Soothe lover or hater

1. I am a Soothe lover

45.3%
  2. I am a Soothe hater

4.2%
  3. Neither a lover nor a hater

50.5%
  1. tun

tun Rock Star

i dont speak for @junh1024 but i think they were referring to the fact that if PDC is turned off there will be a delay in the signal, which will create phase shifts in the total mix. not because there is a phase shift in the signal itslef, just that there is a phase shift in relation to time, which is a big problem when summing tracks, but not a problem with a single signal.
    with PDC enabled none of that is a problem, of course.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. chobo

chobo Newbie

upload_2020-4-5_16-48-55.png

expect a flash sale to happen around easter!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

It will be 150 eur on easter. Still can't afford that.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

They do it every year. Hopefully they wiil break away from their typical discount and offer a bigger one. I think it is time for Oeksound to stop being so fucking stingy, and to take into consideration that due to the current state of the world economy the poll and pockets of potential buyers has decreased.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

*Lookin' good, @ The Pirate. Wolf whistle. Er, back to the matter at hand... I'd love Soothe - if it was on sister site available for inspection!

6. shankar

shankar Platinum Record

Hi guys, here's the latest news from Oeksound :

Oeksound Easter Sale

As in the previous years, we'll be running an Easter Sale from April 10th through April 13th. Both soothe2 and spiff will be available for a reduced price.

soothe2 – 139€
    soothe2 upgrade license – 39€
    spiff – 99€

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Seeing as I'm late to the party, I will say something possibly controversial.

People who choose Soothe do so because of the automation.. correct?

If that is the case then why bother mixing or mastering at all? If you choose something because it is easy then you may as well get someone else to do the work for you. I personally do this as a hobby and I don't want automation. I like learning all the time, even from the rubbish I create.

It takes me back to the time when I was at school. Calculators were not allowed so we had to do the work manually. Then the law got changed and everyone was allowed to use them. I wouldn't.

Next up was when I was 15, I saved up money from a paper round, and cleaning neighbours' cars on the weekends to buy a couple of Technics Sl1200 turntables (I still have them today) then came out Serato, again with automation. I spent hours and hours practising on manual decks, I wasn't about to take the easy option and use Serato.

Then there was the time when I passed the London Knowledge to become a Taxi Driver. I trained for it 17 hours a day, almost every day of the year for 2 years. Then they brought out sat navs (GPS) and I was asked by a punter why I didn't have one. I told him because what is the point of learning if at the end of it I'm not going to use my brain.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, Soothe for me would diminish my sense of satisfaction, because of automation over my ability to choose how I wish to do something.

<<<<<< Don't let the jokey moose in the glasses fool you. I'm really serious about the above...

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I'm looking at those two in your new avatar. What do YOU think?

:woot: It's a good job I re read all the references to spiff, I thought it was a typo and was going to ask who the dealer was!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Just found out there is a demo to try. Up until I have tried it, I am neutral. Although I do agree with @Sylenth.Will.Fall in comment #47.
    Uh, no disrespect, but I think you'll find you are actually 'neutral', not mutual!
    And if you think I'm pedantic, then the feeling is mutual! lol

10. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

but it worked for Martin Garrix! Making it big in EDM is as easy as 1, 2... 4

11. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Does anyone have an opinion on bx_refinement vs Soothe?

12. I tried the demo because I have vocal tracks that have constantly moving resonant peaks. I tried various eq's but they just drained the presence out of the delivery. Soothe worked. It simply did it's magic by floating about on top of those peaks and lowered them without eliminating them. I wish I could afford it, but the $AUD is worth about 50 EURO.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Smoove Grooves

Huh? One $AUD is worth 50 euro?
    So it'll only cost you about $4 AUD? haha

Easter Sale price April 10th - 13th is 139€

14. Smoove Grooves

dupe

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bro. if you could afford these: F6059F27-2861-4DD0-A1C1-3E3741DF37BF.jpeg which you claimed you owned, you certainly can buy Soothe, unless ....:dunno:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I've noticed that people ALWAYS make a lot of sense when they agree with me...Coincidence or not? :D

17. I am mathematically challenged as I illustrated when trying to convert currency. Yes, I can afford it, yes that is my studio and yes to anything else you'd like to know. I'm in a yes kind of mood. It won't last because the Valium will wear off soon.

18. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Yeah. Soothe :trashing:bx. The bx seems to be designed to work in the 2k-4k range, you don't have control over the frequency.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  19. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Good! We may do some business.

Are you willing to trade your M-D for my Soothe license? I have to take advantage of your "yes" kind of mood.

20. 1 Australian dollar is worth 0.56 Euro. See how close I was with the numbers. A decimal point was my undoing. So what have we got? a 199Euro plugin that is going to cost me nearly $400! I like it but I don't love it. Not that much. Have I cleared that up?

• Like Like x 3
    • List