Symphobia is not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlBudser, Apr 9, 2016.

1. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

Hi guys,
    I have tried the symphobia and I dont know how to work it. If open the Iso from all three CD's it just gives me .nkx files which Kontakt cannot open. So I need the Instruments. An additional Installer only works for Windows and when I use the Instruments from the Update it gives me a note saying: It needs to be licensed first.
    Thank you for your help :)
    My system is: Mac El Capitan

3. bitbrain2101

bitbrain2101 Noisemaker

Hi, what Kontakt version do you use, licensed or cracked ? You have to copy the content of all iso´s to one folder. If add library does not work, you probably need a nicnt file for Symphobia. Sorry, just guessing, I am on Windows and no problems with Symphobia.

P.S. exact Kontakt and Symphobia version number could be important for exact answers

4. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

Well, I use Kontakt 5 (cracked). Also the content of the Iso is on my desktop and it is all just .nkx files. I used the Reuploaded Symphobia post by PiRaT. So it is the Version 1. When I unrar the files i get three iso files (one for each CD). Then I get Symphobia_001 - 009 files in .nkx format. But no .nki whatsoever.

5. bitbrain2101

bitbrain2101 Noisemaker

Desktop is not a good place for libraries in my opinion. With Kontakt 5 you need the nicnt file in the same folder before you can add the library. Do a search for a Symphobia nicnt file here or at AudioZ and place it in Symphobia folder.

6. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

An easier solution: download the latest version of Wine for OSX (it's free and runs on El Capitan). You should then be able to open the Windoze version of the Symphobia installer -- it will install pretty much the same files the Mac installer would. Then, install it directly to your K5 library folder in your Documents (or wherever your K5 library is located). Seems to me that I had to do the exact same thing (except I installed it on my Parallels' fake Windoze Vista drive, then dragged it to the Mac Documents folder) when I installed Symphobia 1 for the first time.

7. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

look for "Project SAM - Symphobia (Installer and Instruments)"

8. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

Okay got it installed through Parallels and I got Instruments, Midi, Multis and Documentations, but still when I wanna load a patch it tells me: "This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective library is registered properly" :-(

9. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

in Kontakt Browser/Library --> Add Library ... should fix it !

10. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

It won't let me select any .nki files. They are all shaded in grey :-( Any ideas?

11. bitbrain2101

bitbrain2101 Noisemaker

12. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

Guys it worked it seems. Thank you so much ! You are awesome. Also If it says sometimes to get a new version of Kontakt as the patch was generated by a newer version (Also happens with other libraries in Kontakt) do I have to get a upgraded version ? It says I have Kontakt 5 but I think it is not the newest one. I am scared if I try and upgrade it will maybe find that it is cracked. Happened once and it told me to register in with the Native Instruments Center. So had to kick out all the registry data and reinstall it. Is there any trick to make patches work?

13. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

@bitbrain2101 :I might as well just ask in that forum you gave me . Cheers alot!!

14. mapjay

mapjay Member

if you want to run old Symphobia 1 library, you will need k'd kontakt v4.2.2 or k'd kontakt v5.0.3 or v5.4.1 to run it. newer k'd kontakt v5 will load older kontakt 3+4 libraries (when the 1st symphobia library was made).

the .nkx file is the kontakt 4 version of kontakt 5's .nicnt file, which allows the library to be loaded into the library tab on the left side of kontakt. without a .nkx or .nicnt file, it's not an actual library.