[Solved] Help: Antares Auto-Tune 7.6.8 AU (OSX Sierra)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ElMoreno, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Hello audioz boyz, please someone can help me?

I can't put 'libstdc++.6.0.9' in the lib/ folder because it does not let me enter in the folder. [​IMG]
    I made the all files visible but they are shiny... (see Attached File).
    It's impossible insert something inside... It is normal? How did you do for this?

I installed anyway the AU plug but Logic crash when I open Auto-Tune, so I think I absolutely need put 'libstdc ++. 6.0.9' in that damned folder... but how to do it. [​IMG]

I am sure that your ideas would be very useful to solve the problem. [​IMG]

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018

Attached Files:

3. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

No help, no ideas at all? :woot::dunno:

4. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'm not following what the problem is (nor was I aware that there was a k for Auto Tune 7 on the Mac). If you managed to make your invisible files and folders visible, you should easily be able to open them, regardless of whether they look a little weird or not. If, for some reason, you can't open a particular folder, simply highlight it, select "Get Info" from the "File" menu at the top of your screen and, once the "Get Info" window pops up for that folder, make sure you have permission to read and write to it (you should, if it's your computer and you're logged in as the administrator). Also make sure the folder you need to open is unlocked -- there's a little "Locked" checkbox underneath the "Modified" date in that "Get Info" window I just mentioned. Make sure it is unchecked. Once you've taken care of those two things, that folder should be completely accessible.

5. Soulmat

Soulmat Noisemaker

I think it has something to do with "sip" (system integrity protection).
    You can switch it off if you have a recovery partition: https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-disable-system-integrity-protection-on-mac/

There was also a "Adobe-Patched " Version of Autotune 7 out there, perhaps some kind authorized uploader could reupload it on sister site.
    In this version you don't have to modify you system data, which could lead to unexpected behaviour.

6. Umberto65

Umberto65 Member

Salve tu dici se si vede su sierra e funziona io sono riuscito a farlo....

Attached Files:

7. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

> Iggy: I can open the folder but I can not add the file 'libstdc ++. 6.0.9'. When I try to drag the file inside… it show this: Ø (The No access symbol).
    Yes I am an administrator, I have unlocked the little bolt down at right but the permissions remain for Reading only and I can not enable Reading and Writing. The "Locked" checkbox it is unchecked. Unfortunately, I think that, as Soulmat said, it has something to do with the SIP 'System Integrity Protection', but I guess - for someone not too expert like me - to touch the system could be dangerous?

> Soulmat: I have both versions (the Adobe and the normal) but it does not change anything. Maybe you're right about SIP 'System Integrity Protection', but I'm just a little scared to do something like this… what is the risk?

> Umberto65: Anche io riesco a inserirlo e vederlo ma quando lo metto in funzione… Logic va in bomba!

Thanks for tips… SexAudiozboyz I look forward to your advice. :winker: :wink:

8. Soulmat

Soulmat Noisemaker

If you have the Adobe-Patched version, the libstdc belongs into an new created folder called iLok in the applications folder, this should work if you are admin, because its not a part of sip.
    Its no problem to deactivate sip, older osx like 10.10 don't even have it, and you can reactivate it after you're done.
    Most hackintoshes run without it.
    The problem is switching a system wide library to a cracked one, because you don't know if a certain app may reverence to it and act strange or won't even run at all. Thats why I would always use a version that doesn't change anything in /usr/lib.

For more info I would read:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/use-openssh-plugs-without-modifying-system.19163/

9. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

I created a new folder called iLok in the applications folder, put the 'libstdc++.6.0.9' inside. Installed the AutoTune 7.6.8.
    As before I said, I can see it in Logic, but when I open it ask for an iLok authorization (and could crash).
    Damn... No luck at all this week! :snuffy:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      66.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Well, that wouldn't work, anyway. You have to put the file "libstdc++.6.0.9" exactly where the notes tell you, as it's replacing an existing file that was created when you installed Auto-Tune. Placing it anywhere else won't replace the original file. Again, I'm not sure why you aren't able to do this (I'm pretty sure I've done this at least once for something and had no problems), so long as it's your computer and you have admin privileges. I'd have to read the install notes to tell you exactly what to do, but it sounds like you've found the right folder and you should be able to put the patch file in its proper place.

I'm still on Sierra, so I don't know what the new SIP protocols are, but disengaging and re-engaging it is still pretty easy (and won't destroy your computer; I usually leave mine off, but you can try turning it off, installing your file and then turning it back on with no ill effects): https://support.intego.com/hc/en-us...w-to-Disable-System-Integrity-Protection-SIP-

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  11. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Wow, it was not difficult... I had to try but it worked! :wink:
    The problem was precisely the 'SIP System Integrity Protection'.
    Disable it (via Recovery mode) I installed the plugin and replaced libstdc ++. 6.0.9.dylib. Done! :yes:

I thank you all you audiozsex friends for the help and the time you have dedicated to my problem. God bless you always... :winker:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  12. Soulmat

Soulmat Noisemaker

Great you got it working

If you wan't use the "Adobe Patched" version with the .dylib in the iLok folder in application. You also need to use the provided patched plugins, because they look for the dylib in a different place (applications/ikok) than the openssh version. You might have mixed up the patched plugins.
    In my setup "Adobe Patched" works perfect in Sierra.

13. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Why not... I will give it a look in the next days. :wink:

14. LaVontae Parchman

LaVontae Parchman Newbie

I’m still having a problem getting mine installed without it crashing from iLok authentication

15. almamari

almamari Newbie

Hello friends, I am new and I hope to help
    When I replace a file libstdc++.6.0.9.
    Crashes safari and iTunes
    Work on a system High Seirra

Attached Files: