Scam Alert: proaudioguy | Read This Before Interacting with Sellers

Discussion in 'Selling / Buying' started by SAiNT, Sep 3, 2024 at 11:01 AM.

1. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

I really don't know what else to say in addition to previous sticky topics:
    Group Buys and other Member to Member purchases

Read Before Buying Second Hand Software, Samples, Synths

now there's another case, this time with proaudioguy.
    while @Talula has been long warning people about his activity and we've actually been watching him for several months, we never had enough evidence that he is in fact scamming people;
    until yesterday, when our long time member @odod reported that he's been scammed, providing a whole video proof about it.
    right after that, member @dudebro777 also reported that he's been scammed by proaudioguy, providing proof.

the problem is that even when we have some evidence, banning these individuals is not a solution, because they will come back under new identity and continue their business.
    we also cannot prohibit this activity, because then they will take it to PM and spam you, which will make things even less transparent;
    at the same time, we surely cannot and will not regulate this;
    and finally there are cases when a legit member wants to sell his own license and i believe it can be useful to other members.

so this time i'm taking it publicly, with hopes that members will read it and learn how to identify at least this particular scammer, because like i said above he will definitely come back under new identity and there's not much we can do about it.

@odod, @dudebro777, please share your experience with the public, excluding ANY personal details (except for the proaudioguy i suppose).

I also would like our members to use this topic in the future, to report suspicious activity and their interactions with these sellers.

3. omiac

omiac Moderator Staff Member

Indeed, please do post any and all information you have about this "proaudioguy" thief so that when anyone searches it here or outside the forum, they're redirected to this thread and information.

4. odod

odod Rock Star

It is s a very concerning situation for me especially, It took a while for me to collect the amount of money even though it might be not big to some of you. Actually I have to wait until a month to have the transaction with this bastard, the license was actually real however I was suspecting that he's working together with someone who owned the account. Because few days after the transaction someone requested to reset the password based on the license that i got, and after that I could not login to my account at celemony's website.

He was trying to convince everyone that he got scammed by someone that made his paypal account closed. And he made me use WISE, and that's where I can see his real name has been scamming for quite sometimes ..

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541544&start=345

His name is Makrem Radhouani and also mentioned in Facebook Audio Plug-In Buy/Sell Marketplace by admin in the dedicated “Shame on You” section, in which verified fraudsters are listed here :
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/audiopluginbuysellmarketplace/permalink/1362376320890452
    It's also a good idea to consider implementing additional safeguards in this forum, such as requiring verification or background checks for sellers, or use PAYPAL goods and services only for the transaction. This might not completely eliminate scams, but it could make it more difficult for scammers to operate.

thanks for your time guys
    BE AWARE .. I hope he and his family burn to HELL!!!