Samplitude Pro X2 vst3 integration

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by au38wzh, May 28, 2016.

1. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Do I have to scan the VST3 folder in "Common Files" manually to get VST3 in Samplitude Pro X2?
    Well I did, but Samplitude freezed and I had to shut it down with 'task-manager'.
    Result: not all waves plugins show up - and all vst2 are gone. How does Samplitude Pro X2 handle if both vst2 and vst3 are present? Does it only show vst3?

Thanks for any help! :)

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

You can scan them, but it's horribly implemented and buggy, I gave up on vst3 in samplitude directly (I use them in Bidule in samplitude, it works fine). To scan them anyway first define your personnal vst folder, then click on scan default vst folder and it should scan both. But you will have crashes.
    You can't even use sidechains in vst3 in Samplitude. I mean...EDIT : scratch that they have finally made side chaining possible since last update, 10 days ago....I just tried and now it's possible.
    I had the same problem as you with the vst3 of waves those just won't pass the scan. For the rest you should be good.
    And thanks btw I hadn't bothered to check for a while if they had fixed this vst3 sidechain, I'm gonna use these now !
    Edit 2 : never mind it's still buggy as hell. Compassion for example (dmg audio) always loads back in its defaullt state after I've closed samplitude and reopen it. All my edits are lost.
    And it's samplitude who's buging when I do the same thing in bidule with compassion Vst3, my setting come back after relaunch without a problem.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

5. eldarktufa

eldarktufa Guest

When I add certain VSTi's to Steinberg VST folder, it can result in a total jam-up and my system freezes. Reboot time. Been beating my head against that wall until I removed the offending plugs. I use Samplitude Pro X2. There has been some talk that Steinberg is implementing VST3 but when i don't know.