Reason 9.5 – VST in Reason

Discussion in 'Software News' started by xbitz, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Regz

Regz Producer

Too late..............

2. zpaces

zpaces Producer

They will definitely lose them! If you can have professional VSTs, who needs those Amateur-RackExtensions!? The professional RE developers like u-he and other will definitely stop developing REs!

3. zpaces

zpaces Producer

+1

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

they should make vst versions of the subtractor and malstrom, i would buy them, but everything else from Reason is shit.

haha they finally realized what people wanted.

5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

They might already be planning this and it might be the next big surprise, who know.

6. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

This is so funny! For years people could read in this very forum "Reason is bad because it has no VST support". Now they added it and people go "Reason is bad because they added VST support".

You know how stupid this sounds like? Regarding bankruptcy: I looked at some reseller online and it is always the same picture. Most copies are sold from 1) Cubase, 2) Avid, 3) Reason (Ableton not even in the Top 10)

So no bankruptcy and therefore no desperate try to survive. They just gave in to the huge market of VST. I don't care about their behind-the-scenes motivation, I just think it is good to support VSTs. And Reason is obviously the only DAW where it suddenly is considered bad to support VSTs. What does that tell about our expertise here on audiosex? Close to ridiculous, don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Despite the fact that I've been wanting this for a while, I'm still eating my words from the other thread.

8. MHEO

MHEO Ultrasonic

Actually it happened like this: most of the people used to play Reason in the early 2000s, when Trance was en vogue. All these people are 40-50 years old nowadays. The ones who still use Reason are mainly fanboys, and have always rejected vst-support.Younger generations don't even know Reason exists. I guess the RE policy (as a "sandboxed" VST alternative) did not work and they lost even more users. If they made success they would have never introduced VST support. Why this change of course, otherwise? It all sounds like we've been all jerked around: (1) "don't worry, we will never introduce i-lok like protections (and two years later they put out the reason key); (2) "we will never add audio tracks, it would be against the very concept of Reason, which is something totally different" (and two years later they came out with "ReCord" and Reason5); (3) "Vst? No way. Never" (and now this joke).

9. virusg

virusg Rock Star

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ahhhahahhaahhh :rofl:

after sooooooooooooooooooooo much denial, you want vst to save your ass now? :guru:

...now for the rest its like ''time to raise the bar ...someone is coming from behind''

competition :drunks::cheers:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  10. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

What's all this fuss about exactly. Overcomplicated piece of software.

11. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

it's not so over-complicated. however there are still weaknesses in Reason that will still stop me from using it with VST support. Because with VSTs i would not use the DAWs i use now? the interface is STILL ridiculous in not being in anyway customizable. there are no shortcuts for functions that would make workflow much faster. and as previous poster pointed out, you still cannot 'return cursor to zero' which is crazy.
    it's a shame, it seems like to little to late to me, but that's just my own opinion. most people did not update after about v5 and they are unlikely to do so now.. if you have $60 you can buy Reaper. why would you be tempted by Reason instead?
    still really handy as rewire, otherwise it's a bit of a damp squib and is well superseded by now...

12. Infidel

Infidel Producer

HOLEY BUCKETS OF SH!T. If they came out with this 2 ears ago I wouldn't have stopped using Reason. This deserves serious consideration.
    Earlier video in this post has a komplete Kontol 49 as controller but none of the screens are lit up. MIDI only mode. CC's are good though. I would have to program them for each Rack instrument. I think a Komplete Kontrol RE would have been equally good.
    I can't call them Poopellerheads any more.:scrapbox:

13. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Who's testing it already? What about freeze option? What about vst3?

14. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I wonder how it'll work with Maschine.

15. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

Reason has only bounce in place, there is no VST3 support, no MIDI generator(arp, sequencers) support in the first round, no VSTs in ReWire slave mode

and there is no tempo sync in browser of Reason which is quite sad, so it's still a toy DAW ... fun to use it but the workflow is PITA in many places, u can work with Bitwig at least ten times faster

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  16. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

The only thing i'm curious about as well...

17. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I'd like to wake up in a parallel Earth where Adobe Audition supports VST instruments. Their snobbish reason for not implementing it so far is that they don't want to support a musician user-base, when their movie-making (Premiere/After Effects) user-base must already contain many movie-scoring composers... hope Adobe assholes are reading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Propellerhead just showed us that everything is possible assuming you are willing to wait for a (very) long time so yes, this could happen one day... maybe.

19. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

They showed midi sequencers, arps and chord/scale tools in their promos. And they are amazing. I can't say same thing about bitwig onboard crap. Even ableton's arp and scale tools not such powerful. Have no idea what are you talking about.

At least something.

I'm pretty much hyped about reason right now. Even more than about freeze in fl 13.

20. Config

Config Kapellmeister

There is actually an advanced (9 stages!) Envelope Generator Rack Extension https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/charlotte-envelope-generator/

Here is another Envelope Generator https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/deg-2-dual-envelope-generator/