Problems with limiter

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Shu_, Sep 19, 2018.

1. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

If you want the best result, you should make a version for every platform on which you upload your song, according to their LUFS target.

And yes, you can upload it on YT, it just gets lowered if it's louder.

2. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Don't bother with multiple vers. I, personally, make ONE version at -18LUFS.

No online platform iirc uses -8 LUFS. That's too f'n loud. Many also do loudness compensation. See https://audiosex.pro/threads/mastering-loudness-metering-and-fibonacci.38868/#post-336383

3. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

An offline mp3 of -8 LUFS is going to sound louder than one at -18 LUFS, so no.
    In the style I'm making I found signed stuff that goes up to -5, -6 LUFS; loudness is wanted here. (Even though most of them were from many years ago!)

Also apparently the only thing Sound Cloud does is to downgrade to mp3 at 128, no normalization or anything else.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

If you do -8 LUFS, first of all that's really loud. Also, it will be turned down by Youtube. The tl;dr is make a single version at -14 LUFS or thereabouts. You don't want it much louder, and you don't want it much quieter. Also, Soundcloud:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List