Pro Tools and cracked plugins 8).

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by onemanorgy, Aug 1, 2021.

1. onemanorgy

onemanorgy Member

I've been on a roll as of last 2 days production and time batching wise, as with all parts of life you run into "roadblocks" that will usually stop the normal person.

So I went from Pro Tools Ultimate Student, and as of recently down to Pro Tools regular not realizing I didn't rebuy the Student Ultimate edition, I thought it would just auto rebuy what I had before, I literally think it only expired just 2 weeks ago and forgot to update payment method. I Found out It didn't automatically bill me as it told me my licenses weren't valid and the proverbial "ohh shit" moment happened when opening PT.

This isn't my usual rant with ran on paragraphs above and has relevance. This happened.
    upload_2021-8-1_8-40-27.png

As of today to try and mitigate this so maye Pro Tools would reread the plugins I reinstalled them..
    And Above screencap is from 10 minutes ago. I know for a fact Auto Tune and Guitar Rig worked in Pro Tools when I had Ultimate because I added them to layer/channels to test and fuck around. Nothing now..

Why is it PT read them, and opened theme, and they got applied to a channel?

Possible reasons:
    1. Because when I tried to open Pro Tools days ago and seen my license expired then did a manual like recall on all plugins from stock to third party?

2. Pro Tools may have not minded I was using cracked plugs because I owned Ultimate and somehow that version overlooks some things?

3. Were these not suppose to work at all in the first place cause of what they are?

4. Is it an odd anomoly they worked before in PT? Weirder things have happened like had Ram meant for a Intel Chip work on a AMD chip and board and not suppose to be compatible

It's ODD cause Kontakt was working... Guitar Rig All the Auto plugs everything... I cleaned out registry of Antares everything ( I had 5 gigabytes of data in registry for everything on comp now much faster.)

Despite everyone saying that they won't work, https://audiosex.pro/threads/pro-tools-original-with-cracked-plugins-some-questions.23543/ this thread half way sais that it does after all kinda in a way? As I tried looking up similar problems on the forum and everyone seems to say samething.

If 20-25 other Threads on this forum are right then makes me think the binary somehow got changed or messed with....That's only logical thing...

upload_2021-8-1_8-50-45.png
    Today is the day I record and am on a roll with few things. And roadblocks always comeup and usually I would quit. Do you think if I delete everything on my computer from Ilok to Pro tools and then reinstall it might read them as legit? Or any idea on what to do? I reinstalled plugins just a bit ago and cleaned registry as said earlier and they atleast work in FL STUDIO worst case scenario I can record in there then mix in PT.

I need to get my shit together and start buying Vst's, I'm just trying to get by for the moment instead of plan for future, cash is tied up in other stuff atm (Like surviving and rent)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  3. onemanorgy

onemanorgy Member

Just signed up to unlimited and depending on if I use Auto-Tune alot Ill buy it out right for 299, wish there was a option to delete posts.... I don't got time to sniff around in Binary with a disassembler or pay someone on fiverr to do so. I'm prob gonna buy everything I need soon, which isn't much. Wanted to record yes, but first autotune a sample I recorded with audacity which I'll post later after I work on it with legit Auto-tune. I have an idea and recorded audio from a x rated video. Hopefully I'm still motivated after I wasted 5 hours trying to find way around it by deleting PT, AUto Kon, Guitar. It's a sign from above to not half ass.