Presonus Studio One 4.6 imminent release.

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by ThorntonQ, Dec 3, 2019.

1. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Nice! I don't use Live but will check it out if it works with other DAWs as well

2. fuziohm

fuziohm Ultrasonic

They should work on browser, to atuomatic playback, show sample waveform, sort samples by date or type like in ableton.
    Yeah nobody needs a mall in the daw and nobody neeeds a new amp or synth. but a tab in the browser for splice would be pretty usable.
    This pattern mode is pretty nice actually.i just feel that would be usable if you could change notes also when draging.
    Abbility to rounting midi channels to control another midi channels also would be good, like controlling a lot of midi channels wth just one midi, like ableton, reaper and logic.
    And copy and paste channels to one project to another with instruments and inserts like almost all daws.
    And retrospective record

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You can export your instrument+the FXs as a preset by clicking on the small icon close to the bypass button on the top bar of your intrument.

Is it what you're seeking for?

4. fuziohm

fuziohm Ultrasonic

No, it doesn't come with midi.
    In cubase, ableton or reaper you can export mulpiple channels with midi, audio and buss tracks together including instrments and inserts.

They implement impoprt song data to S1, it's better. but if i want to just export one channel as a preset i can't with all routing etc

5. Delay

Delay Guest

One more important, but hard to find feature - input gain control. Added I think in 4.5:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2019
  6. Delay

Delay Guest

UPDATE (macOS 10.5.2): I removed support for Audio Units, switched to vst2/vst3 all problems gone... 3 days without crash/freeze. With DAW's and plugins is real Russian roulette.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

OMG, this is great! The author knows how it works the S1 scripting API.
    I remember talking about it with @mono and some other fellows.

The main code is obfuscated but being JScript it must be easy to reverse it to know how to script in S1.

Edited: wrong repository, corrected a couple posts below:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/presonus-studio-one-4-6-imminent-release.51125/page-7#post-443101

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Delay

Delay Guest

Great, but I don't see where is obfuscated, look like nice formatted code and commented too
    https://github.com/ExpressMix/strum_midi_notes/blob/master/code.js

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

My mistake, you're right.
    These aren't obfuscated and they're already very helpful, but I pulled the thread within github an ended with this:
    https://github.com/DjFix/studioone_functions

That includes most of the MIDI scripting API. This one is even way more helpful. Obfuscated, because S1 scripting API seems to lay in a gray legit/non-legit area. The famous X extensions were the prime example.

10. Delay

Delay Guest

Thanks for info, didn't now where to start before, so1 is full hidden gems.

We need one thread for so1 tips and tricks

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This one is hidden on purpose by Presonus.
    It seems they want users to only use macros and keep the scripting for commercial developers. There must be also a C++ API for developing S1 extensions like Ampire or just a fast complex MIDI tool, but that is beyond most people.
    MIDI scripting isn't :)

Would be dope.

12. Delay

Delay Guest

Beware! Bug or feature from 2012 , 'Pro EQ is adding unwanted artefacts with HQ mode ON' is still present.

[​IMG]

Automation (long fade) still looks weird:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  13. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

I wonder why the 4.6 release does not appear on some sister site.
    At 4.5.1 era someone posted (in the sis site comments) a tutorial on what to hex edit in the s1 exe. Worked fine and will still work, but I lost the information and cannot find the posting... Anyone? Pls?

14. ThorntonQ

ThorntonQ Producer

There is already an unofficial 4.6 release on other torrent sites but alas it's against the rules to post links here. It relies on a patch file to be copied over the original whereas the nice people of R2R with their official releases have the file pre-patched so to speak.
    Thought it would have shown up on sister site for a "Happy New Year" release but not as yet. So you can search for the unofficial release or wait it out to see. Good Luck.

15. fredboudin

fredboudin Ultrasonic

no release yet on sister site ? Can't find mac version.

16. Delay

Delay Guest

You guys have had time to test, trial period has expired, now it's time to buy. Dev team form Presonus is very small and needs all your support
    R2R

17. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I would never dream of putting any "moral" aspects into it, I don't know the situation of other people and therefor I don't preach.

but, on the other hand I can tell you that buying the software changes your approach towards it, you value it and treat it/use it more seriously. and, you save many man-hours wasted involving in so much bullshit chasing the latest "release", if you can and you already know you like a piece of software, buy it, it will only make you good.

btw, wonder what NAMM has to offer from Presonus!

18. Delay

Delay Guest

Well said, sir! :thumbsup:

19. rhino

rhino Noisemaker

that's already possible, expand your project file from s1 browser, go under tracks and you'll find tracks + fx + midi.
    Append a track and it will load it as if it's from the original project

20. mickey

mickey Ultrasonic

Pls Guys i really need help. i have been experiencing serious crash with S1 browser with this update. it happens anytime i switch tabs under "file" menu in the browser.
    Screenshot (28).png

pls anyone with a possible solution? am on win 10.
    thanks