Politics, Trolling, and Other Ridiculousness

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by ned944, Jul 6, 2016.

1. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Trollbusters 1 - Truthers 0
    [​IMG]
    Thanks @ned944 and Mod Crew

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Good to see the forum back to a sense of civility. The problem with sensitive topics, is if the opening post is not done in a civil manner, the replies become very uncivil, very fast, which is something we have just experienced.

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Resign your authority to ISIS and watch how they can control here.:hillbilly:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Please accept my apology for having participated in such discussions. The basic human tendency is to want to "make one's voice heard," and to prove oneself right, no matter whether one be a right-thinking, official-narrative-adhering patriot or a crazy weirdo tinfoil-hat-wearing shapeshifting-alien-believing miscreant earmarked by his staunch truth-seeking for a stretch in a re-education camp. I quit Twitter, where I had an account for connections with other musicians and (potential) audience, because it is largely responsible for the current irrational and hateful political environment. Other musicians and music-related people would tweet these sanctimonious, self-righteous and smug things about this or that, as though of course their positions were "right" and one were to be viciously "doxxed" if one disagree. I kept un-follwing them, until I was down to Russia Today, Paul Joseph Watson (because dude's so punk-rock) and Sweet Meteor O' Death – so I just decided to give up. Would be nice to have some system of tierage and peerage on this forum ("Aw, Dad – why should I have to care about music theory, anyway?"), but I do value my membership here, and it's y'all's joint, so I'll just make a sign reading, "NO LIVES MATTER," and go march with it alone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

It was just a sarcasm.:bleh: @ned944 is the most open-minded person I've ever seen. I wish our politicians were like him.

7. Beth

Beth Guest

@funkytoe
    Hey why not start a thread on that idea ? :yes:
    I'd follow it and contribute some of my thoughts, lyrics and poetry ! :like:

[​IMG]

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

If you'd notice about the threads I've created till now, you'd see that they're 90% related to music and the rest with a lower percent. Some of them less attractive and elementary but some of them a bit better but at least I try to talk musically. I never pay attention to political subjects or other unrelated ones (like tools or plugins) because they're wasting of time and after 1 month later no body would remember what he/she has said about them. The more I encourage the members, the more I get the dumb button.:thanks:

9. Beth

Beth Guest

@foster911
    yeah i know your threads are mostly music based and agree that's good and the way things should be. I applaud you for that!

I was just replying to @funkytoe though saying I thought his/her idea about a lyrics/poetry etc thread was a good idea.

did you read it in that you thought i was pressing the 'dumb button' on you? That certainly wasn't my intention.

10. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

My wish was granted...:bow:

Oh Snap for the recent mess....it's about to go down.

Thank all you members for your patience and understanding and standing up for a forum you call home (okay music home).

May the force be with you :mates:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Trevor Gordon

Trevor Gordon Platinum Record

Totally agree with this. This should be a sanctuary for music fanatics, not a debate on politics, since that can be endless and a sometimes disheartening subject.

13. stefodis

stefodis Producer

The first post i saw about weird conspiracy theory made me laugh, i think i even made a joke in it. Few days later, there were 10 pages on the post, and many other posts with the same kind of subjects, and i didn't laugh anymore... Instead i was kind of sad that this forum (one of the fews on the entire internet that until now seemed to stay focused on its subject i.e. music) was loosing its essence.

It's not about liberty (these conspiracy guys have tons of forums and websites where they are free to discuss), it's about common sense :
    you don't invite a hardrock band to play during a philosophical lecture, do you?...:guru:

So thank you Saint, I think you're doing the right thing here. And long live Audiosex :wink:

14. funkytoe

funkytoe Ultrasonic

Beth....sorry for the late reply...very busy at the moment...

In truth i was talking about Songwriting....and ways to do it...
    nothing new....

Am i Political(NO)... but i have to be....
    Do i care for the World (NO)... but i have to ....
    etc...........

I talk with my self... and with my friends about this crazy world...
    and try to do something with this shit....and make a Song....

The reason for giving my 2 cents is...i am not shure
    why some people are even at AudioSex...
    Maybe there are a lot of people out there that do not have Friends
    and wish to talk here....

It does not bother me......

I am here to increase my Music knowledge thats all....

Beth... thanks for your kind words !!!

15. Beth

Beth Guest

@funkytoe
    sounds like you have some nice lyrics right there......will have to grab the guitar and put some chords together :)

16. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Those folks have thousands of outlets to channel their views, no need for them to sully the air here...

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

What you write is terrible @wouala woualouf and profundly racist...I won't translate for the benefit of all, too much filth in there, but this topic has just established that those offensive posts aren't allowed, even if writen in French, and it's completely off topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

un tour de fartes.... bien sur

19. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

I translated that whole noxious diatribe. To say it's a "racist" rant (among other highly virulent things) would be an understatement (at best). It never ceases to amaze me the sheer amount of venom that dwells in the souls of some humans. Makes me wonder if we are even from the same planet, for chrissake! Remember, someone's "truth" is another person's "lie". This guy is a fanatic. Remember, Christ preached love and tolerance. So, I do not know what he means when he calls himself a "Christian". His views and opinions are so over-the-top, it would be a big surprise to me if he has not already spent time in some mental facility. This is what can happen to a person that constantly feeds upon his own insecurities, and then spends his entire existence looking for someone else to blame for his self-constructed misery. He sounds very unbalanced and is most certainly one dangerous soul.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  20. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

There are no conspiracies, only truths and untruths. You are doing yourself a disservice if you are unable to ascertain by investigation and logic what is a truth and what is a lie, everything is either one or the other. Of course it can also be indeterminate for those who are not bothered about knowing the answer, but then it's not a conspiracy it is indifference :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016