Out of memory error in most V.R releases' installers

Discussion in 'Software' started by civilizedproducer, Dec 31, 2020.

1. civilizedproducer

civilizedproducer Member

Hi everyone (newbie here please be kind).

My issue is that whenever i try to install some V.R releases (mostly the ones which are under 1GB), i can't proceed to installation because the installer won't extract its files to the Temp folder. I had this issue with Ozone 9, Autotune 9.1.0, and now with Guitar Rig 6.1.1. The error that appears is "An error occurred when copying the file. Out Of Memory". But i'm pretty sure that it is not because my PC's RAM is full or something (it does have around 2-3GB free when installing) nor the disk space, which i have like around 300-400GBs free. i want to install the V.R releases just because they have more presets and are updated (R2R's Guitar Rig was last released at v6.0.2 i guess and it is removed from the sister site).

i then thought that it might be because my Internet Download Manager accelerates the download and corrupts the file. i then downloaded it using Firefox itself, but still the issue persists. btw i used the same Zippyshare mirror to download it using both firefox and IDM (if that might be the reason).

then i downloaded another version of it from another site (Guitar Rig v6.0.2 V.R release from [edit : removed site name because someone said its against the rules]) just to check if it was the mirror's issue or the v6.1.1 release issue. again the issue persists.

if anyone knows how to solve this issue, please share with me. it gets really annoying that there's no alternative release for it, and the V.R release has the benefits of presets, but the installer is faulty.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

4. refix

refix Platinum Record

some applications are sensitive to scratch disk in windows. that is one setting you may have a look at.

in windows it is under: system>advanced settings>virtual memory

5. refix

refix Platinum Record

6. Smoove Grooves

I'm not blind. On a first post, at least show willing and don't write the .com!
    The point is, that alone can be pasted into a browser address bar and work.
    I think this is not good show on a first post.
    When we mention places in the middle of a convo, after having been here a while, and we don't write the full address, different matter.
    But on first post? C'mon. Not cool.
    Had to mention the rules, OP obviously has not read them.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  7. refix

refix Platinum Record

fair enough.

it is however a technicality with respect to interpretation of the intent of the rule. a link that is not live is not technically a link, and may be indicative of a deference to the rules.

8. Smoove Grooves

I hear you, but I see it as a defiance to the rules.

9. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

Hi @refix , beg to differ: An address remains an address whether the occupant moves, closes shop or is perhaps temporarily out of town. A technical link is and remains that link depending on format/syntax regardless of addressee remaining online. Like a "disconnected phone number" is still technically a phone number.
    Agree with @Smoove Grooves .:guru:

[Edit:] However, acknowledge @No Avenger 's remark, below:

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The installer is ok.

The way he wrote it is ok, because ...
    We had this 'discussion' here a few month ago and according to SAiNT as long as it's not a direct link, it's ok.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. droplet

droplet Rock Star

the installers don't work for me either.
    same problem.

12. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

Disable your antivirus temporarily

13. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Don't bother with VR they dilettantes and their releases are not reliable, R2R always give them a lesson correcting their "work"

14. Skaunker

Skaunker Kapellmeister

I've got the exact same problem. Quite frustrating, as nearly nobody mention this problem in the comments.
    I thought it was my OS (Win7) but it seems to occur on W10 also. Quite relieved in a certain sense...

Disabled antivirus causes no visible change to the problem.

It happens to some VR installers but not all of them as OP said, don't know what really differentiates them.
    Last remember of the problem was on a SD installer and lastly the Zenololgy thing.

Shruggin

15. atlantean

atlantean Newbie

To the OP as well:

Try the following:

(1) disable/exit all apps that may be running, including those in the system tray

(2) start the V.R installer and close Windows Explorer in case it is running

(3) proceed with the installation without changing any of the default parameters in the installer

In addition to the above you may also try placing the installer in a different directory/partition or disk and execute it from there

Worked for me and a number of other people...

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

OMG, you are so annoying with all posts here on Audiosex....
    Are you a moderator or what?
    Please go and make music, do not correct every single user with the site rules and so on... I don't see your point...
    We already have administrators, moderators, etc.... I think you are not one of them.... If you are I apologize...
    Sorry but i couldn't resist ,every single post i see i see your comments also ....
    Help people and give them correct answer for their question, if you know how to resolve problem, if dont, leave it alone...

EDIT : If you have complain , you should PM for example at first OP, for breaking the rules and guide him what to change etc., then give a notice to moderators to clean topic, if OP have not already done that.
    In all other cases, like you and I with my reply for example,we are spamming this topic...
    That is out of subject, and AGAINST THE RULES and have to mention, that OP have kindly asked to be kind with him because he is newbie here...
    And again at the end you did not provide any help.
    Audiosex is for that, to seek and give help to someone who have a problem....
    To be part of community in a good way with constructive discussion, not this....
    Happy New Year
    Best regards

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Actually you wrote your problem yourself:
    The installer are not extracting to temp dir.
    You might check your temp dir if available, however, there are 2 more pitfalls I ran into myself in the past:
    * Not enough (or none) virtual ram / swap / pagefile - maybe your pagefile is spanned over some hard drives, that occurs problems in some cases. You need to to give your pagefile 4GB or more.
    * Your pagefile is in a ram disk - I own 64GB Ram and aI have a ramdisk with 4GB. Some ram disks giving you the option to point your temp directory to the ram disk. This might speed up your tasks, however, some programs have problems with that, especially installers.

So, point yourself to the pagefile settings. Once changed, you need to restart your pc afterwards - then it'll work for sure!

18. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Mh, I haven't done anything of this and the installation worked. I think it's more about what @bigboobs (where is your avatar?) wrote.

19. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

In my opinion, the assessment of what is and what is not allowed in this forum should only be made by authorized moderators. Mutual rebukes by ordinary users are not helpful, especially if they do not address the subject.

Regarding the OP's question: Sometimes setups only work if they are run as "Administrator", maybe that is causing the problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. Smoove Grooves

No disrespect, but you are never here, and you aren't even on any of the Notable Members lists at all.
    For instance, I'm 7th out of 40 on Most Best Answers. That's 18 Best Answers compared to your 2.
    But that's because I'm here helping so much.

21. refix

refix Platinum Record

a live link is one that is actually linked to something through the http protocol. that one is not. i.e intent of the rule, etc.