OpenSSH don't work with untouched system dylib (10.11)

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by platensesoul, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Javier

Javier Member

I'm trying to run Autotune VocALign 7.6.8 & 4.2.2 but no result. I changed dylib with Hex editor and installed instal_name_change but also impossible in my hackintosh. Mavericks 10.9.5 and Live 9.5

I'm doing wrong ???

2. Javier

Javier Member

finally working with Vocalign, Autotune not work.

3. tone

tone Member

Thank you very much for the detailed method! works great on 10.11.2 and un-patched logic x 10.2. The only one that doesn't seem to work is omnipressor. Did you get it to work with this method? thanks again

4. JoeR.

JoeR. Member

I completly delete all openssh plugins and replace to orginal dlib because other plugins crash! A legit plugins… also my disk dont want to repair… now is good and don't want to have this openssh cracked plugins...

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i'm noob, i don't get a think from all this, isn't there a premade thing, like just install and use ? or at least simple steps + instructions to follow ?

thank you.

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:wink: Me neither!
    Be very cautious with System files.

7. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I see no significant reason to "upgrade" to OS 10.11 except for the faster speed. There are no new versions of major software requiring 10.11 as minimum OS version (and thereby forcing an upgrade). In fact, I've only encountered a couple minor applications which do. I've been checking out El Capitan on a separate partition, mainly to test which software working in Yosemite will not work in it, and the very-few which do not are glaring exceptions – such as the OpenSSH stuff.

8. jjohnsonof

jjohnsonof Member

9. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

@platensesoul
    If I may ask... do yo know how to enable and be able to move example (libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib) from system (that you find in your usr mac system) and replace with ones that comes with plugins requiring to replace or copy over the original Mac lib files in El Capitan?

Reason i'm asking this is that with el Capitan, when I go to /usr/lib/ I can NOT change the any file, it's like files are LOCKED in El Capitan? Is there a Sudo command to Unlock them and be able to mually manipulate like earlier OSX???

Any ehlp would be very much appreciate because before I had Eventide Blackhole as well as MCDsp plugins installe and I did replaced the libstdc file to the original in system and they were all working well until I updated to el Capitan.

Thanks in advance ;-)

10. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

DISABLE SYSTEM INTEGRITY PROTECTION (SIP) IN OS .11:

1. Boot to Recovery OS by restarting your machine and holding down the Command and R keys at startup.

2. Launch Terminal from the Utilities menu.

3. Enter the following command:

csrutil disable

After enabling or disabling System Integrity Protection on a machine, a reboot is required.

Then you can put the OpenSSH .dylib file for 10.10 where it should go, and it should work. It did for me, on Antares (Auto-Tune, et al.), Softube and Altiverb 7.

It's that simple.

11. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

Big thanks @stevitch Really appreciate and will give this a try later ;-)

12. x0rloser

x0rloser Newbie

Hello, I'm running 10.10.5 and followed your steps. I'm having issues when trying to codesign the openssh dylib. I've already looked up on my keychain and everything seems to be ok.

Regards

13. Youssef Harby

Youssef Harby Newbie

Can i use this for Altiverb 7 on macos Sierra 10.12.6 ?

14. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

????????
    I was using os x 10.8.5 and followed the procedures for plugs and pro tools 10.3.10. I upgraded to El Captan, but pro tools isnt compatible, so I installed Logic Pro x . I have been trying to find out how can i do the same for logic prox? as the plugs like softube dont work. So if I follow the like you provided for post, will it explain to me step by step to get these plugins to work with Logic Pro x 10.3.3?

Also is there a method for pro tools 11 or 12? anywhere. I have came accustomed to the workflow of pro tools for mixing, but I will still use Logic pro x for production.

15. SOURLITO

SOURLITO Newbie

I went to the link and that is the same link I used for proper method, when I was on Mountain Lion, I have been looking for El Capitan but I cant find it. Will I have to use the ones available in those folders and use the highest one ? I mean the dylib?

16. Jeen

Jeen Producer

hello just want asking...what is the benefit of openssh with system dylib untouched ....
    and dylib touched
    Adobe or other app trouble ???
    i've never had a problem

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018