Not any religion- Do you believe in an intelligent GOD?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Living in the so-called modern era doesn't connote everything's been prepared, goes smoothly that we'd disclaim our responsibilities for them. We as musicians have been drawn to be patient and show the imperfections and solutions. Unfortunately mere dance music doesn't have this potential and keeps us miles apart from these verities.

Advancement in technology ≠ Advancement in humanity

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  2. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

NO

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Yes it's very common when we use Google translator :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Well one thing's for sure, this thread rose from the dead, maybe there's life after death after all!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I think this is a question most of us ask ourselves. About us? Where we come from? Where are we going?

Personally, I believe in any theory that can be argued and that cannot be refuted. That is to say, you tell me that your dog is god, I can't discredit you but I can't guarantee it either, I can believe that you are right or not. But to affirm that it is or is not, I have to check it. It is understood?
    Starting from that.
    I believe that as human beings we give meaning to life, "the good" and "the bad" from it everything makes sense to us. "oh there was an accident and two people died" for us it will be a bad thing, but for the universe it is just a fact. When two galaxies collide with each other and create new planets, there is no right or wrong, it's just a fact. That for me is the most important point before reaching GOD". Because we see God as a qualifying being that does good things and for some punishes the bad ones. But first you have to understand that good and bad is relative, it is the value that society gives to the events that happen.
    In my appreciation. Maybe we are just a coincidence of the universe and we exist and for us that is great and today we are here talking, making music, hugging your loved ones, that is already good for us.
    Sometimes when things happen that I feel have no explanation, I feel like something perfect must be out there that makes everything work perfectly, but back to what I said before, it's perfect for you, for him, for me, for him. being human, the fact of existing.

look, an example of what I say can be this.

Case A: a person has an accident and
    The person dies and declares to donate his organs if something happened to him.

Case B:
    There is a person hospitalized about to die because he needs a heart transplant.

For Case A, the relatives might think that God was not there to save her or that it was something bad.
    But for case B, it is a miracle that he found a donor (case B).
    There you can see that the good and the bad will be relative and what only happen are facts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. messyeater

messyeater Member

two sorts of people :

Those who are upset at God's way of doing things(believe they would have done it better) and therefore deny his existence

And those who are grateful for what he has done

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

There's an adage: If you speak to God, you're okay. If God speaks to you, you're crazy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

I believe in dumb gods

I believe most that aren't into this god thing just don't care.

9. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Possibly. But not the one you think.

10. recycle

recycle Guest

in loving memory

For those who haven't met the author of this thread, Foster had an extraordinary talent for being a troll: he could wreck any topic (no matter what) with his provocative posts. He was also a champion at easily enduring even the worst insults that each of us sent him.
    ...and yes: the next day he was there again, with a shiny new troll invention from his repertoire. He was a great performer on this forum: thank you for all the fun and laughs you gave us

We will always remember you, Foster, wherever you are

[​IMG]

His avatar: The Pink Panther

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. wow. thought i was here for music and this.. nuts. what you do or believe in is yours, not mine, so please keep it to yourself, as will i, do you and I will do me. lets all just chill out relax and enjoy the 90 years we have nk. perhaps some music

12. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

FRtBRX3WYAAp_GT.png

13. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

WTF... Hell yeah, this is what I'd call flawless logic. Are you for real? :rofl::rofl:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. No Doz

No Doz Producer

that's the new module in RX9 right?

15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

:rofl:
    No, wait, I'm pretty sure that's a Denise Audio plugin:rofl:

[​IMG]

Oops.. almost!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. anissbenthami

anissbenthami Kapellmeister

I found what you said interesting and I liked your logic. I partially agree with the quote because I actually think there is good and bad but we as humans, imperfect creatures, can't decide that, even the most fundamental scientific notions aren't the absolute truth and cannot be criteria for knowing whether something is good or bad, hence the need for a perfect guideline which cannot be possible without the existence of a perfect entity which is God. This does not prove the existence of God but proves the existence of the human need for God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Wow these threads and Foster are like herpes. Just when you think you are done with that BS it pops up again out of nowhere.

Maybe Tigerman or Moonman will zap it with a lazz0r this time.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

I believe that we create our reality. We are responsible for anything that we do, think, and say. We are responsible for the health and state of our planet, for each and one destruction, pollution, crime, error, rejection, racism, prejudice, violence, for what we say to our children, for the way men treat women, LGBTQ+ people, and / or anyone who seems "different".

Too often, beliefs or religions are a way to hide or lesser our responsibility, I think too many people hide behind a group or a religious community to commit different types of violence, starting with verbal violence.

I have read all the religious books I could find, and I think they all share many interesting things in common, starting with philosophical POVs. Perhaps that believing people should concentrate on the wonders they have in common, the richness of their cultures and the heritage of their pasts instead of fighting around stupid differences and / or irrelevant debates.

And above all, we should take great care of young people. Too many boys and girls are tempted with extremities / radical POVs or behaviors that could never, ever be qualified as "religious" nor even "ethic". Perhaps that in certain places / certain environments they don't feel listened, loved nor accepted as they are? Adolescence is really a critical period of our lives, we adults should really make an effort to be more receptive, less judgemental, more opened to what teenagers say and feel.

For example: problems like anorexia-bulimia, abuses of all sorts, self-scarifications, etc. should always be considered as critical and never lessened nor mocked in any way by communities, whatever their beliefs, or non-beliefs, are.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Just Like u said
    that's the way i see it. And what it says about science also coincides, not even science can say with certainty that it is this or that.
    I've seen a very interesting documentary on these issues, which talks about existence being nothing more than a perception, just like time, that time doesn't actually exist, but that we take time as a reference.
    When something extremely important happens to you, it is as if time slowed down and you remember all the details, and that is because the mind pays attention to everything, the senses are sharpened.
    Another reference is when you see stains on the wall and your mind gives it a shape (a face, a body, etc.) Everything that happens in our environment is interpreted by us so that our mind can make sense of it.
    And if there was a god, I don't think our minds would have the capacity to understand it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Shit, I already gave an answer 6 years ago. :-/

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.