New AudioZ improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alpha0ne, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Quick little bug report. I'm having some trouble with updating profile images. I uploaded an image that didn't fit the scaling, so I deleted it, resize my image, tried to reupload but it just put the old one back up.

2. remix

remix Platinum Record

i dont think long term residents who have been here for years should be given the same status as someone that has just rocked up...

not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but you get my point...

3. mafana

mafana Newbie

Moderator. Some may need to look up the meaning of the word. If the moderator is going to lead with rude comments then ofcourse every other imbecile will think it's ok to join in the "fun".

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Calling @Catalyst. Minor design flaw. When tagging a user it appears to show up in white, which is almost impossible see against the background.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

One other thing: How exactly does the voting system correspond to your newbie/whatever status? Is it just likes that contribute to your status or do all positive ratings? For instance, winner, creative, love it , informative, etc. may well trump 'like' as far as appreciation is concerned.

If someone has already brought this up, I apologize. I'm sort of flipping back and forth between here and my music computer (which has no internet) and just posting a comment when I can think of something helpful.

6. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Bad spelling is now institutionalize? Lots of jerks already joke freely about that but here is an international site right? USA and Euro people forget that in other part of the world is hard to obtain a good education. I this this site is for for help, let us help who really needed Right?
    The poster, as many, apologize for his english? I dont believe thats necessary. If its for elite lest go higher, like no music diploma icon? Dj that do not play instruments icon? Hobbyist not professional button?
    More moderation is really needed, off topic messages are jerking around because respect is long gone.
    For me the site must focus in HUMAN BEING, and only after in music. I thing that you Catalyst is very good.
    Also music technically speaking is not personal, newbies think thats about inspiration, so education towards a skill is more important than subjective.
    In a post referring to NEWS no one should comment or troll before shooting a bad or good thing. News are information, only that, no one hsould be offended...
    New structure is nice, but is not the most important: EDUCATION is. We could not think that children can teach each other without a moderation. So rules are not follow? Must have an option to user communicate the moderators quickly.
    Thanks for all

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

oops. A very old post :))

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

You want some "thanks" AlphaOne?

9. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

:knock::mad: You should probably make one thread distinctly only for brawl quarell fights betwen members, because every day on every thread i see only conflict of opinion etc..:suicide::cheers::dj:

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Oops indeed. I thought I was posting in a new AudioSex improvement suggestions thread.

11. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Thanks to SAINT and all who were involved. Your work is very much appreciated.:wink:

The white background is a bit too contrasty in my humble opinion. Have a look here: http://www.di.fm

The male\female logo looks a bit strange, doesn't remind me of audio.... Maybe a member's contest for a logo?

12. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@phloopy No? Why do you think that? I just saw this thread on the newsfeed of AudioZ and thought like Cav Emp that this is a new post. When i clicked it i landed here and wondered. Thats my oops. And I also told to Catalyst about this.

13. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

I kind of like AudioZ the way it is, unless you want to add a troll zapping button..... :woot:

14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

@AlphaOne
    Thread started in Jan 16 2014 suddently shows up in Audiosex Feed... like many others ... as it was a brand new and present-day issiue just made me wonder - that´s all :dunno:

15. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Ultrasonic

Traffic to this site will tell a tale that members can't.

People vote by visiting. The pattern should be clear in several months.

16. gigasquid

gigasquid Noisemaker

Put Login/Logout links in same place.

17. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but why am I asked to sign in every time instead of having an option of remaining loggeg in. If it isn't my doing then this is a suggestion.

18. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

suggest a new hosting company. one that stays online.

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Waterfox keeps me logged in... :dunno:

20. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

It's a little off topic but every time I make a Request it just gets ignored and never gets posted I don't know what's going on but I'm pretty sure that I'm doing it correctly I always put Request in front of it and ask for what I'm looking for but it never gets posted started thinking something personal :dunno: