New AudioZ improvement suggestions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alpha0ne, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I hope this will be a good area to share suggestions, ideas and opinions to improve the site.
    Maybe Saint can make this thread sticky if he finds it usefull.

Some ideas from my side:

- Login with nickname AND emailadress (i can't login anymore because i don't have the emailaccount anymore)
    - Extended search like before
    - I think we don't have a need for archive on the mainpage for clearity of it. If someone needs a software he can use the search function.
    - A dark layout with light letters is not good for the eyes and for the ease of detecting topics. Especially when somebody quotes something from another commentator. Its hard to identify and read the post without getting confused. Or maybe the new quotation frame makes it confusing. What do you think?
    - I think when designing a page "less is more" i think.

So these are my humble opinions which i get while i was overflying the site today, and I hope we can get other suggestions here from you AudioZ-friends.

And sorry for my english. I'm not native.

Cheers

3. Regz

Regz Producer

A suggestion topic is fine, but for now, I think we need a bug tracker topic, where we can post bugs found in the new site... so we can have a super stable Audioz. :wink:

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Yes, may idea was also get report about encountered bugs here. Thnx by the way to indicate it :)

5. Victor

Victor Noisemaker

Frankly, I liked the old design better than this new one. The colors are a bit too dark, on the left side links are hard to read, and in the center, where the posts are, is a bit lighter but still not so easy on the eyes.
    I don't see the need for the calendar and pool in the center. The calendar would sit better in the sidebar, on the left side.
    Why do we have the Audiosex feed and requests in Win section? The feed used to be only on the main page, audioz.eu.

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

My only suggestion - make that donation button working. :rofl: :mates:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Yeah, whats up with that?

I just saw that im in the same boat, so how am i supposed to log in now?

8. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I sent a message to SAiNT concerning the login issue. Maybe we'll have to wait a bit. Until then we can communicate here.

9. kingjamm

kingjamm Newbie

awesome improvement. \m/
    Still waiting for that other thing that was
    secretly told to me... :D

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

What's your nick?

11. aussie

aussie Member

My only suggestion is a return or option to view pages in single column.

12. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

I think the new layout is a little bit caotic. Psychedelic colours (...good if you don't have weeds), ugly background (...darkest is better for our eyes). Try it again.

13. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

I had really hoped on the new site it would come about that all clickable links would be automatically anonymized. Plenty of similar sites do that so I assume it's not a major issue to accomplish. It's really something that makes for much better security for this site and the people that use it. Why let these companies know that people from AudioZ are checking out their demos? Why give them your ip address?

All you need to do is add "http://anonym.to/?" to the beginning of anything clicked.

14. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

i totally agree its to dark now, and i find myself looking at it less and less
    Sorry guys its a discouragmnet to look at this site now PLEASE BRING BACK OLD AUDIOZ MUCH EASIER ON EYES AND TO NAVIGATE SAINT PLEASE

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We're not bringing back the old site, that's ridiculous. Progress is forwards not backwards and many many people like the changes we've made. Yes there are some things that can be better and we'll try to make them so but there are many things better now too. It didn't take me long to adjust to the color scheme and now AudioSex hurts my eyes. Most of you haven't even used it for a day yet and you're already complaining, I just don't get it.

16. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Same as always, i.e. i didnt change anything or make a new account.

17. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

Hello everybody, sorry i couldn't get here any earlier, i was literally overloaded with messages, mails, tasks and thousands of other responsibilities. There was so much of it, that for the first day i just set in my chair and couldn't think where to begin, so much of stuff i had to solve. and i knew there was no point in logging to the forum unless i can spend at least 3 hours to check and reply to all these topics :wow:
    Thank you for your patience. :bow:

of course it would be great, but unfortunately our engine only supports one or another. :sad:

okay, but i'm just wondering what you expect to extend in your search experience? *no*

i knew this will eventually come up. the thing is, my vision is not perfect either, but i have no problem browsing AudioZ because i use perfectly calibrated monitors which display colors as the are.

I cannot force everybody to calibrate their monitors, just like i can't force producers to make their mixes on Adam or Yamaha acoustic-monitors, so in this case i can honestly say it's not my fault and not my problem. *no*

exactly *yes*

nobody is :hug:

soon :mates: :bow:

theoretically you don't need that because i've put a rel="noFollow" attribute to each external link, which supposed to cut the referrer.

like they say, you can't satisfy everyone *no* actually, i have received way more good feedback than i could possible expect *yes*

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Oh wow you're automatically stripping links so then why did I just make that post asking people to anonymize links? I wasn't aware that you already accounted for this. Great work SAiNT, all those little details. A work of art. :bow:

19. johanna

johanna Newbie

btw. :D
    really lovely work!

and ...I am getting naughty ugly banner advertise!

fix it, fix it, fix it! :hug:
    really not nice / not in harmony with everything else

20. peronmls

peronmls Newbie

Is it possible to bring back post editing? Like the share post.(OP)

21. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

only Residents and above can edit their posts. You can always contact moderator and send him the necessary updates *yes*