Mysteriously vanished... what happened to Orchestral Tools on sister site?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amorphis, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

As @The Pirate already said, you'll probably find it on some other sites, but only directly, not with normal search engines.

The only one who can claim a takedown is ofc the copyright owner so, yes OTB respectively their legal department.

2. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

Sir can i get link in pm if it is okay. i hope i am not breaking any rules. if I did plz pardon me. this sites are my only love

3. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

Personally I deleted both inspires after a couple of weeks of trials so was not interested in the updates. There are far better libraries from companies that are not so arsey.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bro do you or anyone here thinks that established developers spend their time sending notices? You are wrong. Welcome to the world of TSP.That is short for Takedown Service Provider. A good example is https://www.dmca.com/. The TSPs are, or work in conjunction with, lawyers from all over the world so it does not matter where the ISP is located. The TSP knows how to file a proper takedown notice under the DMCA or its counterparts. I'm not a lawyer, and know very little about the law but as a pirate I have become familiar with DMCA. It comes down to where you’re located, and where the site that stole your content is hosted. If the infringing ISP is outside the US, there is the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) treaties. https://www.wipo.int/treaties/en/ Generally, site owners in countries that are members of the WIPO comply with DMCA takedown notices.
    Here you can find an excellent article on DMCA takedown notice https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/dmca/. It will help you understand the whys and hows of it.

5. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Because it NEVER WAS "an American thing"... the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) was created in 1996 (based in Geneva, Switzerland) and the Digital Millenium Copyright Act was created in 1998 (based in the U.S.) and they both enforce copyright laws worldwide SINCE 1998!

In addition to the United States, it currently applies to 192 countries worldwide (and will soon include more).

Get educated (and quit blaming your ignorance on the United States):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Organization

6. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

I have been asking questions to find out some answers so 'getting educated' is exactly what I am doing. Being rude is what YOU are doing!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

8. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

9. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

For sure it is an "American Thing", especially when you use Cloudflare from San Francisco as Hosting Provider and it's Content Delivery Network (which AZ does) :guru:

10. LuckySevens

Are you even capable of following the conversation? Or do you usually just babble about random things all the time?

11. LuckySevens

No... you haven't been "asking questions" to find answers. You were accusing the United States (probably for all the problems in your life) for something you know nothing about.
    I wasn't being rude... (to use YOUR logic)... I was merely "answering your question"... and now, you should be smarter for it (but I doubt it). :bleh:

12. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

I believe you are mistaken. Those releases were posted as individual plugins and/or bundles without the words "Plugin Alliance" in the title. ;)

13. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Well seen mate. You're right, no plugin alliance in the name...:bleh:

14. littlewierdo

littlewierdo Kapellmeister

As an American, I can chime in here and hopefully clear things up.

Sites live and die by Google. Google has made a concerted effort to remove sites from their search results if they do not abide by DMCA, and since Google is an American company, they are obligated by law to assist with following DMCA regulations.

What many of these companies that produce these sound programs dont understand is, often times, people will tend to buy programs based on being able to try software out without limitations, and without worry of time restrictions. If these companies took some time to ask people around here about it, they would come across two types of people, those who try in order to decide whether to buy, and those who have no intention of buying in the first place (and would never buy, even with the opportunity to try first).

Some companies have taken to using terrible copy protection to thwart piracy, others have taken the unusual tactic of just releasing a crap ton of products that all integrate with their main program and update those products on a fairly rapid schedule, frustrating users who are trying to run the latest version and have everything working, and other companies are using hardware keys. Then there are the ones that are using DMCA as their main defense.So far, the two that seem to be effective is DMCA and hardware protection. If DMCA continues to remain effective, we will start seeing more of it, because it is significantly less expensive (no licensing fees) to use hardware protection, plus it has the added advantage of not requiring users to purchase dongles, thus lowering the barrier to entry to use these programs.

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

That's funny, because I thought you weren't able to follow and that you only wanted to appear like you knew more than @tvandlover and threw in random babble about WIPO and DMCA, while qouting some Wikipedia links without explaining anything.

Wasn't able to understand your POV, mine was: If your site is hosted on Cloudflare nowadays, you have to comply with DMCA, because otherwise CF would get a problem and to avoid lawsuits they'd stop cooperation with you, which means that AZ would need to search another hoster if it did not comply with DMCA, but Cloudflare is a really good hoster (as long as you comply with DMCA) and it would be a shame to have your site terminated by them.

Btw. there are lots of DDL sites which don't comply with DMCA (they don't remove posts) and still exist. The uploaded content still gets removed most times from the linked Hosters.

I don't think that a lot of people here (including you) are aware of those facts, and I felt that you and @tvandlover were talking past each other. I also wanted to stop you from flying into a rage.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Glimt

Glimt Member

18. Glimt

Glimt Member

I stand corrected. I-m a donkey and ashamed for my ignorance. Won't happen again. :facepalm:

Attached Files:

19. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Is this the American way of answering a simple question?

A - yes
    B - I don't know
    C - ....

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  20. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

So, how about deleting the link in your post #32? :winker: