My Apple Story

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Santii7979, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Foobar

Foobar Producer

Yep, set up a PC with it nearly 8 years ago, for around $1400 and never felt it's time to get something new in all those years. And with just a little bit of overclocking it still blows most, if not all, new intel quad core CPUs out of the water. Fast enough for an old man.

Just very recently we see 8 core CPUs. Which might finally be a speed upgrade. But with all the CPU bugs, exploits and reduced speed, I'm still very fine with waiting to upgrade. Maybe in 2 to 4 years I'll think about it. When my PC is 10 to 12 years old.

It's actually great to own such an old CPU as the "fixes" for the CPU exploits don't exist for this CPU. Which means it doesn't get slowed down as much by software fixes - as they don't exist. And I don't care about the bugs as this is purely my workhorse and not some kind of public server, where security of parallel processes would be a big issue.

But one thing is for sure, whenever I buy a new PC, it will be top of the line and I plan on using it for another 10 years.
    There is no way in hell Apple hardware could do this!

Luckily it's fairly easy to select some parts which are very easy and pain free to hackintosh.

Just plan in advance to hackintosh an live a happy life with the best hardware combined with the best operating system.
    At an unbeatable price.

2. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

anyhthing fine bro :mates:

I relly hope that Microsoft improve Windows, but at the momnet there seams to be hope :)
    The day Windows cought up with macOS will me very interestng.
    I wonder how Apple reacts if many people leave their Platform :)
    Let me guess, raising prices :rofl:

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Dont confuse software with hardware
    macOS allows nearby the same freedom as PC regarding components when building a Hackintosh

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

100% agree!
    You remove the Apple logo and the iphone inscription behind an iphone and Apple would sell only 10% of the iphone they sell today.

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yeah,many rich people want to show you they are rich.I know some people like that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  6. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Big Apple discounts in Bordeaux,France, last week!

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Anything fine :mates:

8. @SineWave.. Tibetan salt has less sodium chloride and has trace minerals that usually are washed out of what is commonly called table salt in order to remove "impurities". The pink colour is because it contains small amounts of iron oxide. Celtic sea salt has half the potassium of Tibetan but is much better than regular table salt which besides having been removed of the potassium which works in tandem with sodium to foster important chemical reactions in the body and to which also has been added de-clumping agents such as ammonium or aluminum which are closely related to Altheimers and which are metals which accumulate over your lifetime and cause various serious health issues. Please Don't use regular table salt else your Sinewave powers might become clipped, your lifeforce powers attenuated, squared off and no longer the vital and graceful shape we all know and love. Go pink!!! You'll really thank me in the morning!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

For most people a new computer can easily be a tax write-off. I must say it sure beats the heck out of troubleshooting your own breakdowns as I'm discovering now with a super-drive issue. Should be pretty cheap, but I can see how much more efficient buying new on regular basis can be. Might actually save money in some cases when avoiding breakdowns.

10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

That's not tactics, that's just plain fraud as it's defined in law.
    At least where I live:

{"Nach § 263 StGB macht sich strafbar: „Wer in der Absicht, sich oder einem Dritten einen rechtswidrigen Vermögensvorteil zu verschaffen, das Vermögen eines anderen dadurch beschädigt, dass er durch Vorspiegelung falscher oder durch Entstellung oder Unterdrückung wahrer Tatsachen einen Irrtum erregt oder unterhält.“}
    Q: German StGB (Strafgesetzbuch) = criminal code

or english/american legislation:
    "In law, fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain, or to deprive a victim of a legal right..."
    Q: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud

But when a lawyer or judge would ask Apple officials if they force their employees to behave like that, they would deny. And you won't find these implicit "repair-rules" in any written instruction or training textbooks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Is it really because of the beats or sth more southwards. Honestly now! :rofl:

12. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

Hola Santii7979

Yo tengo mi iMac 27 desde el 2013, hasta ahora jamás ha tenido problemas de ninguna especie, todos los programas y plugins corren de maravilla a super baja latencia. Lamentablemente tuviste mucha mala suerte o los equipos que distribuyen en tu país pueden ser de segunda calidad y no lo informan. Intenté alguna vez pasarme a PC pero volví rápidamente a mi imac. De verdad para mi no hay comparación, la estabilidad y el rendimiento siendo que ambos equipos, el pc y el imac, son Intel i5 mismo código, misma memoria, sin embargo el apple corre lejos y sin competencia.

Saludos.

13. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

and the dmbfcks dunno the real rich see's it and is amused....same as the not so dumb proletarian he he

new rich's lol....i consider rich ones at least with helicopter for daily business he he
    tony blair e.g. is rich , of coursse even more after what he as launched in past

14. Santii7979

Santii7979 Ultrasonic

Es que ese es el problema, todo lo que vino dsp del 2011/2012 está lleno de problemas. Aunque la tengas desde el 2013, modelo 2013 no hay, debe ser o 2012 o 2011, donde ya empezaron a haber fallas GRANDES, que apple tuvo que poner un programa de cambio fuera de garantía para los discos por ejemplo de las iMac 2011. De ahí en adelante, hubo cambio de pantallas para las macbook pro retina 2012/2015. Programa de cambio de teclado para macbook pro 2016/2017. Entre otras cosas

15. tnussb

tnussb Member

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

So... you're having trouble with this garbage for 7,5 years now, and you ask what's happening with Apple???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. tooloud

tooloud Guest

How can we Mac people take you guys seriously?
    This?

7404CCAE-80DD-4B8C-BE6D-4665A83CBF63.jpeg

or this?

5D1F886A-D8F3-41A5-AF04-755842CE51F1.jpeg

18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

But besides a lovely look & feel:
    This thread wasn't about what's better Apple or PC. It's about the declining Apple quality (as Apple fans are saying).
    I loved my Mac back then. It was robust and nice to work with and slightly more expensive. And I could upgrade it if I wanted.

Today if I buy a Mac, the quality isn't what we were used to get from Apple and the price is detached from any reality (iMac Pro 2018 ~$5000, really?). AND the T2 chip makes MY equipment refuse to work for ME if I changed hardware.

Apple users, who love their Mac should fight for Apple to get back on the path where great quality, customer satisfaction, really awsome innovation and durability was what Apple stood for. :like:
    Stand up for your rights!:scrapbox:

Otherwise, Apple will fail I'm convinced, as it almost failed in the 80ies before Steve Jobs returned. They were almost bankrupt back then, because the company was led by pea counters like Tim Cook. :suicide:

A question I would ask myself before investing much money in Apple hardware would be "What if Apple stops producing Macs because it's not profitable enough anymore (read about IBM's PC startegy). Or worst case, if Apple goes bankrupt.

I really loved Apple (because it was part of my youth), but I sold my Apple stock last month. Lost some money, but I don't trust them anymore.

P.S.: One of the most interesting books about Apple is "In the firing line" written by Gil Amelio, a short term CEO (1996/97) just before Jobs returned. $5.95 used at Amazon, worth the price.

19. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

With 5000$ I buy a car instead.Or 3 powerfull PCs.My PC i7 6 cores cost...800€...
    A 5000$ IMac Pro can be nice for this amount of money!