Libraries lost on reload in after update from 5.5.2 to 5.6.5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Helter Skelter, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

3. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Now I'm up and running with 5.6.6 with the help from a couple of older threads, this place is fantastic!

5.6.6 is not supposed to work in Mavericks, only Yosemite but this worked for me! :)

These are the steps i took;

1. Complete clean out of all kontakt related files in these folders;

Macintosh HD/Applications (unless otherwise specified at installation time)
    Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences
    Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/ VST
    MacintoshHD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components
    MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins
    Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/NI Resources
    Macintosh HD/Users/Name/Library/Preferences
    Macintosh HD/Users/Name/Library/Saved Application State/com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.savedState
    Macintosh HD/Users/Name/Native Instruments

3. Empty trash

4. Use Find Any File app and search Macintosh HD for files containing the "native instruments" or "kontakt" to find the hidden receipt files. Delete files and folders associated with kontakt.
    Be careful to not delete everything with the word "native" in it!! Make sure its a kontakt related file!

5. Restart computer, then empty trash. The receipt files in from /private/vars need a restart before they can be emptied from the trash

6. Install Kontakt version 5.4.1 (I didn't replace with any cracked files yet, thats the last step).

7. Install Kontakt 5.6.6 (Platensesoul version). Replace with cracked files.

8. Batchmod kontakt 5.app, kontakt 5.vst, Kontakt 5 8out.vst, Kontakt 5 16out.vst, kontakt 5.component

Open terminal
    And enter this command
    sudo codesign -f -s -
    Hit space, and drag the component or vst into terminal window
    Hit enter
    Enter your Password

8. Libraries won't disappear! Wohoo!

Didn't come up with this myself, so thanks to all contributors on the kontakt part of this forum and the sister site.

And thank you platensesoul!

4. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

cool Helter Skelter, are you saying you got it working on Mavericks this way?

5. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Hi sisyphus!

Yes at first glance at least, I've only tested adding some libraries (output analog strings), loading a library instrument and also loading through quick load, making sure they don't disappear on reload and are playable from the kontakt on-screen keyboard.

But I guess if it wouldn't work then I'd get a message that "You need OS X 10.10 or later to run this application" or something like that, but no nothing yet.

I've always wondered if there is a way to circumvent OS X "app-firewall" -(for lack of better word). I find it annoying that If I want my music apps to be latest version I have to update my whole OS to keep up, breaking who knows what in the process. Makes me want to switch to windows instead.

It would be cool if there was a generic jailbreak that could be applied to apps so they think you are running Sierra or whatever the latest incarnation of OS X there is.

6. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer