Kontakt Wallpaper Request & Comments

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Thanks, NYCGRIFF. Your wish is my command! I have many more requests for collection wallpapers (also some series ones, and individual ones), so am grateful for your offer. Here's a request for another five, please:

- Sonokinetic
    - Sonuscore
    - Soniccouture
    - Soundiron
    - Strezov Sampling

Cheers!

p.s. if you prefer leaving the "indicator" part out, so others could use it as they wish, I am OK with that - I can add the indicator myself as long as you leave some space in the left margin. If not, @pasi and @NYCGRIFF, kindly note that I am using the 3 red squares for a collection indicator (3 black dots for a series indicator). No biggie though!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  2. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Hey bud.

Basically the new version has brought in a facilty for thumbnail images. many people have been mentioning that images for a lot of libraries in the new interface are not displaying except as a folder. It has become more 'fiddly'. I am sure someone is going to make this MUCH easier sooner hopefully rather than later.

These reside in:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments

It requires creating a matching path for missing images.
    PAResources - then a subfolder
    image - Then the exact name in the Kontakt database

So using NI's Analog dreams in Windows, the path would look like:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Analog Dreams\PAResources\image\Analog Dreams
    upload_2022-10-9_9-24-40.png

Possibly the better idea is to wait until someone works out a better way to do it to be perfectly honest.
    The thumbs are surprisingly small. (Under 300 and often under 200) - Other libraries are slightly different?!?!? Maybe you having a look yourself may be best.

It also adds a new thing into the loop being the META file. It is not complicated but it has to be correct to work.
    The META file is not complicated. For Analog Dreams this is what it looks like (Simpler than the nicnt files):
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <resource version="2.896">
    <name>Analog Dreams</name>
    <type>image</type>
    </resource>

C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\database - is the main repository.

I created one for a missing image that worked and being completely honest, I used logic and still, I am not sure if I just fluked it. :facepalm:

3. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

It´s really questionable the time and decissions that NI dedicate to the graphic part of Kontakt. Lock the margins for wallpapers is absolutelly ridiculous in XXI century with 32" 4K monitors and has no sense that 5.5.2 was unlocked and later versions locked. If the right GUI is modified to higher size, lock the sampler when load a library, not when simply open from icon on desktop. I don´t see here a 7.0 version. There are not remarkable changes. For me is 6.8 version. So difficult to arrive to a real 7.0 version with critical changes, not present nowadays, and if this people don´t see a thread like this, simply they make 4 minor changes and publish the supposed 7.0 version. And locking factory library for previous versions like 6x is other mindless, althought can be unlocked, as everything in Kontakt.

Simply they have nothing new to offer.

4. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi BaSs Dude: Thanks for the info. Those Kontakt folks are always 'fixing' things are not broken (not the first time in their history). They never look backwards for future compatibility. In most cases, the customer gets screwed. Thus far, I have not tried version 7, and won't be for the foreseeable future. However, I'm sure that some enterprising soul (as you indicated) will come up with a simpler solution). I'm sure Kontakt has heard countless complaints. Maybe they'll surprise us and and address the issue. In the meantime, I'll keep plugging away at these wallpapers. Have a great weekend.

5. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Exactly. Their history providing customer service is abysmal. I've been down that road many times. However, there's a guy at their forum who appears to be quite adept at providing many solutions for Kontakt's management screw ups.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Totally agree. It is incredulous that a company that tries to be up with the forefront of new sound ideas neglects the interface options.
    this said they have just released Choir Omnia which looks interesting. Version 7 only though.
    These are still part of Kontakt 7 so good on you. You can run the prior interface which you need to pretty much with multiple library loading anyway. So they did not try to fix that fortunately.
    Have a good one too :)

Edit - IT'S PROBABLY WORTH NOTING A COUPLE OF THINGS.
    1st - The new libraries are all made for version 7 which I suppose is to be expected.
    2nd - version 7 is somehow tied in with Komplete in its operation and Maschine. I am not knowledgeable enough to answer how. I imagine someone like Bob Dule will bring something out that automates the image creation process facilitating the abilities of people like yourself to replace the default image with library-appropriate ones (hopefully).

Dragon somebody? If so, yes, he is very knowledgeable. :)

7. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

If we are talking about the same guy, if I´m not wrong he is a staff member, so he gives the solutions he is authorised to give. For instance, if you get an old Kompakt/Impakt Kontakt library as Complete Classical Collection from Best Service which doesn´t appear on 6 or 7 release, he will not say you how to fix it. He will not guide you to get Total Commander, copy samples inside NKS files and recompile inside NKX containers and register with a personal NICNT. Of course, that´s not his work, but if appears a message like "this library doesn´t appear to be registered", simply associates to a pirate library and that´s all. So, is basically unuseful. I can say too: "reinstall library".
    And if new versions are released in the step-sister side, releasers could unlock dimensions before publish. Changelogs are... average.

8. Pasi

Pasi Audiosexual

Here is one set.

Sonokinetic Collection
    wallpaper.png
    Sonuscore Collection
    wallpaper.png
    Soniccouture Collection
    wallpaper.png
    Sonuscore Collection
    wallpaper.png
    Strezov Sampling
    wallpaper.png

Ps. Hope you don't mind but I can't work with those sharp edges on red square indicator. Sorry but it reminds me computer graphics from 1675:rofl: But you can easily replace those :wink:

9. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Bro: I guess the photo of the person we're talking about is the guy in the image below. He's described as a "Well-Known Member". Doesn't say he's an actual 'Staff Member' though. But then, you never know.
    Capture.PNG
    Overall, I agree with your assessment. Kontakt MUST do a better job when they release these multiple 'newer versions".

10. rgpals

rgpals Platinum Record

How is it possible to write 19,938 message without saying only "thank you" in each message?

11. cdk

cdk Audiosexual

Mixwave series

LUKE HOLLAND DRUMS
    LUKE HOLLAND DRUMS_Mixwave Wallpaper.png

THOMAS PRIDGEN DRUMS
    THOMAS PRIDGEN DRUMS_MixWave Wallpaper.png

TONY ROYSTER Jr KIT v1
    TONY ROYSTER Jr KIT_MixWave Wallpaper v2.png

TONY ROYSTER Jr KIT v2
    TONY ROYSTER Jr KIT_MixWave Wallpaper v1.png

12. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Hi @pasi, as superbly done as ever! This new collection of collection wallpapers ( :) ) is coming along splendidly. Many thanks!
    What, no nostalgia? No problem at all, pasi!

13. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Yes, this guy. I´ve seen him several times when asked information when I was learning about this. Never read nothing new from him. Too presence for so poor imput. This guy didn´t learnt to say thanks @rgpals . People must say to him... Nothing new in the block.

14. rgpals

rgpals Platinum Record

It wasn't what I said; I was estonished by the quantity of posts.

15. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Okay Downald, here are my renditions:
    Soniccouture Collection
    soniccouture collection.png
    Sonokinetic Collection
    sonokinetic collection.png
    Sonuscore Collection
    sonuscore collection.png
    Soundiron Collection
    soundiron collection.png
    Strezov Sampling Collection
    strezov sampling collection.png

16. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Hi @NYCGRIFF, I am chuffed! I think I am right in saying that with your latest designs, you and @pasi are raising your own standards. Truly beautiful. Thank you!

17. Downald

Downald Platinum Record

Hi wallpaper designers.

I continue to try to find ways of organising libraries for ease of retrieval. I just ran a little experiment today, which I have found to be very effective. This was inspired by some wallpapers I came across, designed by @cdk back in 2016.

cdk's wallpapers are as good as any, but given design trends, I thought that a new, "modernised" set could be designed, if you are willing.

So what I am talking about are instrument- or genre-specific wallpapers (as opposed to library- or company-specific ones). So for example, have a wallpaper for orchestral Brass instruments, one for Ethnic Percussion instruments, one for SFX, one for Synths etc. I think that cdk's classification is an excellent one, and would like to suggest the following, if you agree:

- Orchestral Strings
    - Orchestral Brass
    - Orchestral Woodwinds
    - Orchestral Percussion
    - Orchestral Ensembles

- Ethnic Strings
    - Ethnic Winds
    - Ethnic Percussion

- Guitars
    - Pianos
    - Bass
    - Electronic Percussion
    - Synths

- SFX - Sound Effects

- Ambient
    - Rhythm

- Voices and Choirs

There'll be some more instrument/genre categories, according to users' needs.

Once more, I would suggest an "indicator" to distinguish these types of wallpapers (I see that @cdk had also done this - now I know what you meant, cdk, in an earlier response to one of my posts). I intend to use:

upload_2022-10-9_19-35-52.png

But whatever works for you.

Is this a useful request? What views? Thanks!

18. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Downald: You're always welcome. We ewnjoy doing these 'papers', otherwise we wouldn't be doing what we do. Glad you like 'em.

19. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Hi Downald: I've posted dozens & dozens of these types of wallpapers over the years on this forum. Apparently, you have not been able to located them? In any event, I'll check my archives and see if I can find them.

20. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Maybe that word is missing from his vocabulary?