kontakt .nkr

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by L760, Nov 17, 2013.

1. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

when kontakt is able to load it ... maybe its possible to play it thru kontakt and record? :dunno:

2. L760

L760 Newbie

I used a hex editor and managed to extract, thanks again everyone!

3. L760

L760 Newbie

edited

4. L760

L760 Newbie

how to extract .wavs out of a .nkr files: the solution, in very simple english:

an .nkr (kontakt resource container) is a protected file including stuff like IR-samples, graphics,...

1. download a "hex editor", winhex is very good but not free
    2. open the editor and open the .nkr, your screen will get filled with numbers (in the middle) and their representative text (on the right)

3. open the search text option (make sure your hex editor can also search for text and not only for numbers)
    4. search for "RIFF", if your .nkr has 60 .wavs, there will be 60 times "RIFF" to be found in the document, because it's the beginning of each .wav
    5. very simply delete all text (the numbers will be deleted automatically) before the word "RIFF" and al text starting from the next "RIFF".

note: as there might be billions and billions of numbers/words in your .nkr, make sure you start with writing down all "locations"
    of the "RIFF" instances as it will be impossible to just scroll from "RIFF" to "RIFF".
    The locations are to be found at the left (f.e. 0054EA98). Afterwards navigate from "RIFF" to "RIFF" by using
    the "locate" option (might be also called "go to" or something else). Make sure you search for hexadecimal numbers.
    (sometimes there is the option between hexadecimal and decimal)

hexadecimal notation: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1A 1B 1C 1D 1E 1F 20 21 22..
    decimal notation: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ( = the system humans use to count)

By clicking somewhere in the text, navigate to another position, and then shift-click again in the text, you can easily select large parts of the
    document to be deleted afterwards.

6. What will remain is the information of a single .wav
    7. Save the document, under a new name and just type .wav at the end.

You now have extracted a single wav. Repeat the proces to get the others. This is interesting if you don't need to extract too many files.
    Not sure if "RIFF" works with other files too. Do some research if you need other files.

Thanks again to everyone on this forum! I never thought the solution would be so easy.

5. BoogieMonster

BoogieMonster Member

Hey all, I've been trying to extract some IRs from a .nkr file (like L760 did) without success. I read that nkr format has changed with 4.x.x.x update, has anyone found a solution for the new format? The thing is that I can't find "RIFF" or any headers of the files in Hex editor.

Help would be appreciated !

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

7. BoogieMonster

BoogieMonster Member

8. L760

L760 Newbie

Hi BoogieMonster, you are right, it doesn't work.
    When you open older .nkr's as raw data in audacity, you can see all IR-files and you just have to cut them.
    The newer .nkr just give noise in audacity because they are decoded...if only someone knew how to convert them back...

9. L760

L760 Newbie

In fact I would be interested in hiring someone to export a .nkr designed for Kontakt 5.
    If someone is interested, let me know, ..that is if such a thing can be done to begin with..

10. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

I'm interested in extracting a script file from NKR. Any idea???

11. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I'm sure R2R would know. But *maybe* they show some attitude by not releasing tools for decoding nkr and the like, because that would be something like not only "stealing" sample libs but stealing the script source code as well, effectively allowing other manufacturers to build their own stuff using other's intellectual property. And there can be weeks and months of good work going into Kontakt scripting.
    I support the idea of open source, but you can't force anyone to do the same.

12. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Which library are you looking at? there are a few ways to get that info.

14. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

I found I can get access to scripts by just dropping NKR into notepad editor.

Is there a better way than this? can I extract all info out of NKR?
    I know about extreme sample converter... I didn't know if it can extract NKR.

I want to get scripts and IR, infos from high-end libraries came out 2014 - 2016.

15. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

I want to extract NKR file of Strezov - Rhodophe library... is there a way? this damn library is so well protected...