Kontakt Mac Logic X (Minor issue)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Usergu1de, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Usergu1de

Usergu1de Newbie

Hi guys!

Great forum by the way, only found due to a kontakt issue im a music tech student (second year) so its quite an awesome find for me! anyways.. i wondered if someone might be so kind as to give me a little assistance.. i followed this guide

https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to...n-a-mac-with-a-legit-kontakt-installed.23265/

i can run the unlocked kontakt if i name the vst/componant... {Kontakt 5} and remove my legit componant/vst.... if i call it kontakt 5k as per the guide and leave my legit one then it doesn't show in logic.... it also doesn't show in my vst list of non loaded plugins... i tried deleting the plist and putting the one that came with the unlocked version

also the stand alone works fine...

im sure its something simple i missed ???

Thanks in advance :)

i wrote this in a rush...

to clarify, the unlocked kontakt runs fine if i name the VST/componant Kontakt 5 but it wont if i call it Kontakt 5k..... they both work but not together, i have to manually un install the legit version for the unlocked version to work..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. Usergu1de

Usergu1de Newbie

Hi, so i fixed my issue, for the benefit of others :-

i downloaded a different version, it wasn't even the full kontakt, i downloaded the update by mistake. (5.51) ... i simply put the componant into Library/audio/plugins/ components/ and it worked straight away (some say you have to re-scan kontakt in the plugin manager pat of Logic although i didnt have to)

Peace!