How to get the old Devices from older Ableton versions?

Discussion in 'Live' started by ArticStorm, Mar 13, 2021.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

I like to use the older Ableton devices, because yeah they are latency free (eg old Redux device is latency free, while the new one in v11 has 64 samples (1.5ms latency)) or they are minmal, here are the presets to load them into v11 or v10.

Which devices got major changes or were removed?
    - Compressor, so i will include adv of a version 8 compressor. (From v8 to v9,)
    - Simple Delay & Ping Pong Delay were merged? (Ableton removed both devices, but when you load older projects, the delay devices are setup as those two devices in the "new" delay device - From v9 to v10)
    - Redux, two Redux2, here Ableton kept the Redux v1 device around, but you cant choose it, so you can open the adv preset and violá, you have the old Redux device (From v10 to v11)
    - Phaser and Flanger were merged into Flanger-Phaser? Why on earth they did that, maybe because lack of ideas? I mean, I like to choose a phaser only, but why clutter it with features of a Flanger? (Or the other way around) Anyway you can get access to both devices again with the adv's from v10 (From v10 to v11)

If i missed some, just write here, I have v8-v11 installed and add the other device presets

Where to place them:
    If want the old compressor, place the Compressor v8.adv in the folder:
    \User Library\Presets\Audio Effects\Compressor\

You can find otu about your User Libary Locate here:

[​IMG]

or Options --> Prefernces --> Library Tab

Here is the "download-Link" https://audiosex.pro/threads/how-to...rom-older-ableton-versions.58197/#post-623022

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

:goodpost::drummer:

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Here is the ZIP with these 6 Presets

5. epicdirt69

epicdirt69 Newbie

Could you upload the old version of Sampler from Live 10? I want to be able to use sf2 files again.

6. frankygalla

frankygalla Newbie

Thank you for your efforts ArticStorm, it would be great if you could also upload the chorus effect from V10, as it has also been revised in V11. I've been looking for it everywhere :)

7. epicdirt69

epicdirt69 Newbie

Nevermind. I downloaded the Sampler for live 10 and used it in live 11 and it still doesn't import soundfonts. Must be something with live itself rather than just the device.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

added Chorus from v10 and added some v10 versions.
    you cant download the sampler from v10, because sampler v10 can only opened with older presets, just like the effects.
    I have added presets for Sampler and Simpler from v10. Maybe it works.
    Ableton no longer keeps Kontakt and EXS24 and SF2 compatibility, because users seem to no longer use it.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Ableton replaced Frequency Shifter by Shifter in 11.1. I have saved the old Freq Shifter default preset, if you want to use still.

Old Ableton Devices contains now all 13 adv.

I dont understand why they still leave some of the old device version still in, but you cant open them anymore from the Audio Effects?
    Why not simply make a Legacy Folder and add them there all?

instead you need to favourite an old adv preset from v10 and open this one to have for example the old Freuqency Shifter again?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

10. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

11. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

I always liked that the compressor had a few more options to choose from

12. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I have versions 8, 9 and 10 installed..11 isn't stable enough yet for my liking. I'll wait until 12 comes out before I get that!

They also did away with save directly to MP3 after 10.1.14 I think it is. I kept that version too

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

I just installed version 7, but there arent any devices, which we havnt covered yet.
    Compressor I and compressor II i can upload!

Attached Files:

14. Hi!

Hi! Guest

Thanks man! I was just loading an old project and thinking, wish I had the simplicity of the old versions, Ping Pong delay etc. and here they are :wink:

15. Hi!

Hi! Guest

I placed the files in the specified directory but sadly, when I load them they have the new version interfaces :(

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

in the past ableton did remove some like the delay device, but most of them are the new interfaces with and upgrade button, it uses pretty much the old version with the old algos.

17. Shirvami1

Shirvami1 Guest

everything that found with the update button from the library from version 8 was opened in version 11 and updated for comparison

[​IMG]

18. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

@Shirvami1 :
    Ableton removed the simple delay and the Ping Pong delay for example.

i think there were 1 or 2 more devices removed (possibly chorus and Flanger?! the combo device calls them now.). With removed i mean you cant call them anymore.

Live 6 had Compressor 1 and 2, which were implemented into one device: Compressor.

What does the Update plugin? It uses older algorithms or just restores the features of the older device by deactivating features on the GUI.

For example: redux 1 is still preset, but you need to open it via an old preset, it is no longer listed as a device in the FX devices.
    Same for the chorus or the flanger maybe? idk.

But it is not set in stone that these older devices will be kept in newer versions, it could Ableton finally removes them.