How to Gain Trust

Discussion in 'Software' started by eugeneathome, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tun

tun Rock Star

you clearly didnt read the rules of the forum when you joined :knock:
    if you did then you would have learned that we are not allowed to link to warez sites, but if you read carefully all your answers are there :wink:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/audiosex-rules.19991/

2. statik

statik Audiosexual

it was nice reading this thread again, i found it rather funny at the time and i still find it funny now

3. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

You choose to spend your time going through old posts looking for things to report? Wow, you must have a very fulfilling life. :deep_facepalm:

Anyone else here realize how lame it is that we can mention Audioz.....but if you add a period and the word download at the end, you will get censored? What a joke this forum is becoming. SMH

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

What a stupid assumption!
    I saw the thread title when I was searching for info on a reverb, actually!
    If you a) really believe what you just said and aren't just trolling
    and b) can be bothered to say something nasty to me
    then it's definitely YOU that has an unfulfilling life.
    I'm a session musician, and trained sound-engineer, with chart success.
    Wtf do you do. Eh?
    Open your mind up, if possible. :wink:

5. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

I haven't used Protools for two years. It sits there in case some misguided "educationally institutionalised imbecilic wants to give me the.. cough cough laugh laugh.. "industry standard" format instead of zero'd stems.. then I charge them more.

As far as Waves go? Well, Israel's "unofficial" largest export is Weapons guidance systems and Spyware, you put two and two together. I haven't opened Waves, aside for a few plugs in ages. There's way better options that are easier to install and maintain over the ported and pathetic Waves install bloatware.

I've spent Plenty of money with Digi/Avid and Waves both of which are shit companies to deal with that market themselves as "leaders and industry standard" Fuck that they're a cult, look in the protools forums, full of moralising happy clappers, reminds me of a Pentecostal Church... let me outa here.. Unhelpful and Unmusical.. anti creative robotic.

Nobody gives a fuck how you make your art, only what you make. In the Sync world, you are either in or out of sync.. in the composition world you render out you inport. Any Daw worth its salt can open a file at a tempo or timecode from anything.

Back in the day, I purchased Protools at 3 from sound designer on Nubus Mac. There was no native. It was the only realistic option out there with 20 open mics to press record... Now with Native its liberating

Studio One 4 by Presonus has all you'd ever want to make a record, compose ect right outa the box. I use Bitwig mostly to write and 3 is a Joy Studio One reminds me of a mix of Protools and Logic.. its a pleasure to mix in.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but its indicative of what has happened in audio land, people chained to Protools and Waves to stay "industry standard" claiming its superior. We know thats bullshit as so many dilms are mixed on Nuendo, Studio One ect...

I just cancelled my Adobe subscription to get off that buss and found better, cheaper alternatives.. Affinity, Resolve ect... They gave me 6 moths free as an certified Adobe professional. NAhh... Feels better owning my software actually.

BT uses what he feels like and most great records are made with the most unlikely software you would never pick. Its all marketing. I guess the same thing that drives people have to "must have" waves and Digi so they go for wares is the same thing that makes someone pimp a car to do 200 mph when they cant drive above the 40 speed limit anywhere (the old 96k argument)

I hate Avid, I hate Waves and I hate Apple (they fucked Logic and FCP) because they lock me into their lie, their game its political. I dont buy it

Stuck on Hardware??? Really??
    I purchased a Firewire Presonus Firepod 24/96 off a guy the other day for $20 (AUD) with a power issue, soldered the jack.. done.. he'd just got a new (......whatever)
    It sounds and works Like a dream up to 96k ( yeah nahhh...) Fuck Protools Hardware!!!

I have a PC now with a Xeon in it that is customised, stable, fixable and I build by me to my specs. Windows 10 is fantastic for me, OS is customisable and once its running and optimised...who cares?

However, Sorry I digress, My point is.. get off that bus man..its liberating trust me. There are so many better options out there than chaining yourself to a "Propitiatory Lie" but try before you buy.

Sorry Off Topic but...rant over

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. Smoove Grooves

^ Exactly!
    The only reason PT was called 'industry standard' is from back in the days when it wasn't just the software, but the external DSP stuff too!
    And, I suppose, because Avid came from the TV and film production side of the market.
    And yeah; I too hate Apple for ruining FCP and Logic.

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Please, create your own forum, allow links to warez and we will see how much it last...

Links to warez sites are not allowed, it's written in the rules since a very long time now, so what's the novelty for you, use your brain , try to think, there may be a reason for that...

But if you disagree with the rules and what AudioZ is, you know what to do...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I wonder at which point this thread became a pissing contest.

@audioz/audiosex topic: I'm kinda baffled. Is there anyone who came here not via audioz? I mean audiosex is nowhere near among the top google results for "music producer forum", "profesional audio forum" and so on. So it's safe to assume everyone here found this place because of audioz. There are no saints here maybe one should keep that in mind before resorting to this kind of hypocrisy.
    It's a very understandable assumption to think it's ok to link back to a page everybody here came from. Yeah, we know it's not, so just delete the link and be done with it. There is really no need to make a fuzz about it because there is no moral highground here.
    I think it's healthy to keep in mind that we all come from the same place before resorting to telling other people to use their brains.

@Olymoon I know it's not my place to give advice but maybe it's ok if I do it anyhow. I've been a moderator on other large forums for almost a decade and if I learned one thing it's that a good moderation practice to enforce the rules without escalating the conflict.

It's really funny. Aparently nobody here reads the rules before refering to them. Please allow me the liberty to quote them:
    Linking to warez sites is not forbidden, linking to warez is forbidden. Linking to free content at audioz is allowed, ergo linking to audioz is allowed.
    The wording of this rule is very ambiguous and if, in fact, it means that linking to warez sites is forbidden, this rule is prone to be misread and needs to be specified further.

Maybe keeping that in mind would be a good idea before picking on anybody linking to our sister site.

9. Smoove Grooves

Yes! Myself.
    You make some strange assumptions, my friend!
    Ergo, it is not "safe to assume everyone here found this place because of audioz.", as you state.
    Not that this would even matter a blind bit.

If someone has a problem with Kontakt, and asks google the right question, they will end up here. Not at AZ. That's how I found this place, around 7 years ago.

@fraifikmushi You say "I wonder at which point this thread became a pissing contest."
    And I'd say it was when you just posted 15mins ago.
    Heck, @flyingsleeves will probably have something nasty to say to you now, as he did me!

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

This is ridiculous. This old thread is becoming a bag of off topic comments.
    Closed!!