How do you compose?

Discussion in 'Education' started by the real Pict, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Lager

Lager Guest

In the year 2100 after you finished reading those books once, you'd face with your beloved audiences who snore and call it music. At that time will you dare to talk about your read books with them?:rofl:

2. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

First recognise that it is a fact-based claim rather than an opinion-based claim.
    So, as a fact-based claim is is reasonable to ask "Is it True?, or is it False?" as opposed to asking "Do I Agree?, or Do I Disagree?"

Although claims about fact-based issues, do have fact-based answers (in principle) our ability to get at those fact-based answers is not always up to the task.
    For example, "How many birds on earth will be 'actually in flight' at 9.30pm on Tuesday?"
    That is a fact-based question that has a definite objective answer, but no-one will ever know that answer, it's just 'practically' impossible to measure it.

It sounds like a fair unsubstantiated guess to claim that technology is increasing in complexity over time.
    But how would you measure what music is doing?
    We could have an opinionated debate about what complexity means in music generally (and fail to agree), and then have an uninformed argument about how to quantify how much music there is, and an even more uninformed argument about how much of it is, or is not, complex.

So you end up with merely an (as yet unsubstantiated) claim that music is less complex over time. If we can define that claim more clearly (which I doubt) then a factual answer would exist (in principle), but we still might not ever be able to empirically figure out what that factual answer is.

The real world gives us real facts but that doesn't mean we can always know those facts.
    When we can't get at the facts, we have to admit it and reduce the theoretically possible "True or False" answers to the more appropriately humble "I think I agree or disagree" answers, WITHOUT interpretting that failure as "subjective opinions are all that matter".

3. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

You're returning back from the dark side and starting to say stuff that doesn't make sense :rofl:
    Short answer: I won't give a rat's ass about a beloved audience,
    especially if its a population of 'too dumb to be to cool to be dumb to be cool' idiots that can't read books, or make music.
    When you see people shooting themselves in the foot, there's only so much compassion you can muster before hysterical laughter kicks in instead.

4. Lager

Lager Guest

I already wrote the synopsis of your pre-known response in my post. Save your energy for mojo777, another alleged master.:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Lager

Lager Guest

This is the result of more than 5000 years of technological advancements::rofl:

https://www.shazam.com/charts/top-200/united-states

Music even below the Y axis (negative complexity).:rofl:

With this generation, I really (your favorite term) don't know what the final outcome would be.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
  6. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Don't forget that the culture of society is intentionally dumbed down, so it is easy to control the masses. You can not do all kinds of shady stuff, if people are semi-intelligent. (I live in Eastern Europe and some of the stuff here (actually, not only here, it is a global phenomena) is directly from Orwell's 1984 - for example the lottery, it would have been funny, if it wasn't sad )

7. Lager

Lager Guest

You know, my friend, this can seem simple and complicated.
    It's simplified to assume that politicians or dealers are controlling people to achieve their political goals. It is not easy to determine exactly what these political prodedures are and how they’re being done.
    Another hypothesis is that we judge based on tangible facts, that technology has made people lazy and taken away their thinking power.
    Of course, there have been many books and articles on both topics, and many have done a great deal of research on this. But what is certain is that this global phenomenon cannot be easily changed. Much effort must be made to reduce the effects of both above.
    Now everyone can easily share their opinions with others, that's a positive thing. There are other positive aspects, of course, the abundance of information resources available on the Internet, but the availability of information resources does not necessarily mean that they are used properly and that people need continuous education.
    Another problem is that the number of people giving high-level education to people seems to be low.
    Most educators have a low level of information and no regard much for the humanities. What is valuable for them is the rapid production of content and its dissemination on the Internet, while a good content production is highly specialized and laborious.
    The exploitation of profiteers and dependents of wealth and power is also effective in this regard. For such people, developing a smart and advanced generation in the humanities is not a top priority. They rob human capital. Unfortunately, not much can be changed. Influencing audiences also doesn't have much of an impact on wealth sources, as these holders are at the high levels of management and direct access to them is almost impossible.
    :dunno:

8. Polomo

Polomo Guest

I like this discussion but don't forget the rules
    (And the direction here is going this way )

" We do not allow political discussions because they always end up with fights.

0-points - Dishonored content
    Includes: Flat-earth theories, non-political conspiracy theories, questionable statements about increasing fidelity without providing evidence (ex. power cords make audible difference) "

1-points
    Includes: Non-satirical trolling, warez linking, quoting violative comments, political discussions outside Unplugged, excessive strong language towards non-member

https://audiosex.pro/threads/audiosex-rules.19991/

9. Lager

Lager Guest

Thank you for reminding me. The truth is, I don't like and want to get into political debates at all, for as you said, lastly, political commentaries end in war.
    I only briefly alluded to some reasons why today's music deals with trivial matters, but there are a wide variety of other reasons too, ranging from culture to individual desires to education and so on.
    Linking all the shortcomings to political issues seems unfair. But again, thank you for reading my comment. I wanted to say that the decisions we make at different stages of production under various factors which affect the whole process are far more complex than we usually think.:bow::mates:

10. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

(Meta) It is funny how these days everyone tries to interpret any statement as political.
    (Non-meta) As artists our job should be to influence the society in a positive way, not dumb it down. And this has nothing to do with politics.

11. Polomo

Polomo Guest

23322332 your part was
    0-points - Dishonored content
    Includes: Flat-earth theories, non-political conspiracy theories, questionable statements about increasing fidelity without providing evidence (ex. power cords make audible difference)

(I think your statement about 1984 was right, but many will interpreted that as a non-political conspiracy theories ... mainstream is BS but this is not the place to discuss that )

and it inspires
    Lager to bring a statement in a near political place .... and I know where stuff can go too. It's just a warning.

12. Bent

Bent Noisemaker

The 3 most common ways for me: playing distortion bass, creating a drum track, creating a synth part then, building on it from there.

13. That is beyond ambiguous and over-generalised. :rofl:

I gather you mean 'some' educators and that would be correct. That is so incorrect in many areas and disciplines. It is an educator's choice to be that way or not. Some choose to be that way and some refuse to be that way inclined.

14. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

i got and idea for Lager and yoda

HOW ABOUT YOU GO MAKE SOME MUSIC INSTEAD ?!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Lager

Lager Guest

@Thunoing Thumbs very sad you hit that nasty delete button (the most stupid option on AS, whoever requested that feature was a ... ).:sad:

You can change your mind in a fraction of a second and continue to live rather than to leave.:beg:

16. Asim ejaz

Asim ejaz Newbie

I like your information

17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Thanks, and welcome to the forum.

18. mrwatson

mrwatson Noisemaker

I usually work out some chords and melodies on the piano, beat-box some drums and then picture what sounds to use for them.

19. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Watch the new Beatles documentary Get Back, and observe how the greatest songwriting team in history do it :wink:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9735318/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022