History Repeats Itself

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Mar 6, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

:bleh:
    Yes, I'm back after a long time no post from me. At the end of this thread you will hear a complete version so please support me with your love.

3. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

it's déjà vu all over again.

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

I love that catchword when a female says in French accent.:bleh: BTW, the title tells the whole tale.

5. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Can't listen at the moment. Too noisy where I am, but lets hope history has a massive hiccup and shoots out a complete song for a change.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

A bit more (perhaps only 20% of the whole process) and just a rough mix. This is the revision 2, at 10 it would be completed.:bleh:
    @The Teknomage and also my other friends what do your lovely ears tell about this mix?

7. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Your best work to date. Really like the sound of this, and can imagine some lyrics for it. go for a length of about 3:30 to 4 minutes. Don't make it more complex than it is now, just a bit longer and arrange it into a verse, chorus format for lyrics. You're finally getting there, so keep it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Work on it Foster.Work fast, die young, thats how we roll on audiosex.
    Deserves a CS seal of win for your commitment.
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

@The Teknomage your gently making a fuss of me is always beyond measure and out of this world and makes me reach the sky. Thank you!

And about the length, Damn this bloody length (kind of a vicious circle)! :bleh: It always inexorably leads me into another new project but this time I have sworn solemnly and made a serious promise to myself that I must polish this track off.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
  10. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Keep it up, foster! It sounds a bit like Wendy Carlos does bell-ringing, except w/ GM piano sound! That's not a bad thing! I think that the drums (snare) need a bit of work (levels / too gated / harsh). Not rly in right critical listening environment atm, so ima prolly totally off =(

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

sounds like you're finally opening some doors to inspiration there :wink:

agree the snares could use some polishing or fx, too dry sounding, also like the sort of slap bass sound that comes in later,
    way to break things up a bit , keep up the effort, this one has some potential

12. foster911

foster911 Guest

In this version, some new ideas added and some ones removed and will be removed more too for getting rid of confusion. I have not mastered it because I'm in the middle of the process. The only thing I can say is the melodies in it are kind of the finalized ones (of course the sounds probably would be changed). I will add some good-sounding drums to it and also the transition points will be introduced and the balance between the different parts will be improved in a fashion that a logical flow between them would exist. If you have extra opinions about it please let me know. Thank you!:bow:

13. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Bit I liked the best Foster u took out lol :(
    Personally speaking I really liked the opening Bass riff on 1st track and how it say competing with drums from onset in rhythmical fashion etc. Melodies say in last one cool but without drums etc is bit difficult to say get an overall feel wrt contrast and build up or direction :dunno:.
    Maybe a total break as in a mutating sort of arp pattern that drifts spatially at double up tempo over top or something similar be a cool variation but gotta be you're way of course :yes:
    Some nice ideas in the tracks for sure :) :bow:

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

are you following a random type of process regarding how you write?

something that could be a lot of help is getting real good with melody and harmony from music theory your second version had some good stuff in there like that

here is amazing inspiration regarding melody and harmony that might be helpful

so listen for the melody and harmony aspect the actual sound of the instruments is not important for the inspiration but the note values , intervals and relationships

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Liked the first one better. All it needed was to be re-arranged a bit and a bridge. You need to lean the concept " It's good enough already!" and stop changing to many things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you for listening. I'm a big fan of poly-rhythmic bassy sounds too. It really changes the atmosphere of the entire track in an emotionally appealing way more than anything else.
    Me too. Saturday we were at each other’s throats about making catchy hooks and there I told people that I don't love pop-sounded melodies. It's a bit difficult to say what kind of melodies I like but if you've noticed they're not popy and also not dark as @The Teknomage uses.
    Not fully random but semi-random. In electronic with no specific genre in mind, there's no specific paradigm and process in it too and what sounds good is being selected. BTW for the jazz you posted, unfortunately I'm not a jazz junkie because it is like a barrage balloon that makes you feel like floating in air without any specific aim.
    By history I did not mean Bach's era. :bleh: As you know the first track's melody is for flowing sense of classical taste in the track. I mean it was more instrumental and less electro. Do you have the same attitude about that?

17. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

I know, that's why I said what I said in my first reply.
    As I said I could imagine lyrics for it, so I will make you a deal. If you go back to that version and re-arrange it. So, Intro, verse, Chorus, Breakdown/bridge, Verse, Chorus, Outro. I will write the lyrics for it for you. What do you say?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

It's f'ing awesome the way you guys help each other out here on AS! HUGE thumbs up to you, @The Teknomage!

19. foster911

foster911 Guest

My friend, you just issue an imperial supreme command and who am I not to follow it. They're like the ten commandments for me. :bow: OK deal accepted honorably but what would happen if you'd confront with any insubordination from me when I flout the laws as a sinner (a freeform freak).:bleh:

20. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Just get the track finished as close to that format as you can, I'll write the lyrics to fit the track.

21. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"Not fully random but semi-random. In electronic with no specific genre in mind, there's no specific paradigm and process in it too and what sounds good is being selected. BTW for the jazz you posted, unfortunately I'm not a jazz junkie because it is like a barrage balloon that makes you feel like floating in air without any specific aim."

thats cool, you understood what i was asking that i was not trying to insult but getting into a deeper type of method and you understood what i was asking and answered that is great i was curious and you clearly and concise answered it thanks for that.