Catchy Hooks

Discussion in 'Education' started by tulamide, Mar 11, 2017.

1. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

props make some pretty decent videos

4. notremid

notremid Producer

Love the Propellerheads Youtube channel and the videos in it. Interesting and quite informative. Even though I have never used Reason except Reason 5 for approximately half an hour way back. I actually want to own it someday to toy around with if I have enough money to spare :P

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please accept my humble apologies! I did not hear any catchiness in the whole 12 minutes with or without these substandard and feeble techniques. These kinds of EDMatic melodies could not be bolstered up by anything. :hillbilly:

6. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Yes I accept your apologies. It is well known to me how difficult it is for you to hear and understand music that's not to your liking. There's a nice thread about music you like, maybe that's a better place to stay for you. :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

First, I thought "what the hell is he talking about?"
    Then it dawned on me: ignored content! Ignorance is bliss :)

8. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I remember not too long ago suggesting to someone here that he/she needs to focus more on writing a good hook. Hopefully that person has taken a look at this video.

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Sorry guys, I am not posting this snippet to prove anything but please compare (made it a long time ago):

10. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Oh the sweet irony. This topic is so subtle (as many other in the past for that matter) you can't even acknowledge it.

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

OK! I'm not a discerning listener and don't appreciate the subtleties of good musics. All right? but please watch the documentary dear @superliquidsunshine posted in Lounge. The background musics in it are kinds of the pick and Rolls Royce. Who can whinge about them?

Inevitably all of us are familiar with the most supreme star turn producer of all times called Multiplier. This guy is beyond our ken in his profession. :bleh: He demonstrates himself as an armed and crack technician but I don't remember even one of his tracks that has caught me. (Maybe he's a bad hooker or contrarily I'm a bad customer).:winker: Open ended ...

12. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Here's a tip: next time you get into a pop/dance music topic, can you please stop bringing in the discussion music that has no connection with dance music? Do you have any idea how overboard that is? You keep comparing Rolls Royce with a F1 race car. It's not the same. And while you can't even discern the purpose of various music pieces how can you expect to discern the more subtle structural things? How about instead of focusing in splitting music in good or bad, you focus on splitting music by purpose?

And why this should be a surprise? It's not like you like everyting but Multiplier's productions. You actually have a very narrow list of music preferences as proven over and over again on this board.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List