has anyone installed Sonoma on a ext SSD and ran it on a m1 MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Pedra Sofia, Jul 21, 2024 at 1:46 PM.

1. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

I could not get this to work when the MacBook Air 2020 m1 came out, but just I was recently told its been possible since a less then a year now, but you need a thumderbolt 3 or even 4 if your Mac is newer and it happens to be that my crucial X9 pro are thunderbolt 3 :)

But I am asking here if anyone has suck-sex-fully audio sexy installed this and got it to work with sister site plugins..

please let me know and how its been going for you!

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Kapellmeister

4. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

I've done it. And I've tested it. It works.

I forget exactly how I did it, but I believe it just required using Carbon Copy Cloner, and I forget the order, but I either used their standard suggested clone (of just user data), and then installed Sonoma selecting that drive and booting in safe mode on the drive, OR I installed Sonoma to the drive and then cloned over my user data.

I selected it as a start drive, and all good. Booted fine.

I don't usually use it as haven't had to, but it worked. (it was more a thing of "old habits die hard" in terms of wanting a bootable clone)...

I usually just clone my system drive normally every day or so to another partition (well, er, 'container') on the same SSD as that.

But it works and wasn't that much of a pita to do.

(and oh yeah, it was just a run of the mill usb c drive, not thunderbolt. certainly not as fast as internal lol....I assume it would be faster with TB3)