Is it possible to move arturia's library to an external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Software' started by diya, Mar 11, 2023.

1. diya

diya Guest

The capacity of about 30 gigabytes is burdensome. I'm on a Mac.
    I can't use arturia software center too

3. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

I am not sure if you can do it after you have installed but at tghe time of installation I specified the sound library aspects to be installed on a separate internal SSD and I have no issues with lag.

Hopefully someone will come along who knows if it can be done after it has been installed on what I presume is your system drive.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

All the instruments and FXs resources can now be relocated to another folder of your choice via Arturia Software Center on any other volume/drive of your choice (Preferably an SSD drive).
    Choosing your own custom resource path is useful if you’re working with multiple drives/devices or limited internal storage.
    https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location

WHAT IS THE ARTURIA SOFTWARE CENTER RESOURCES FOLDER?
    https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Way to go Beat16 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yeah i moved everything on C:\Programdata including the Presets to another harddrive and created symlink.

7. JosRoundtree

JosRoundtree Newbie

Guitarmaniac64,

Is it possible for you to provide symlink creation details, such as:
    what was the symlink target folder and where was symlink [i.e. shortcut] placed.

Thank you

JRoundtree

8. klander

klander Noisemaker

MAC:
    Copy Arturia folder from /library to the external HD or whatever you want, in the folder where you move or copy the Arturia folder right click over and in services navigate to create symlink, An folder called Artura Symlink appears.

Put the Arturia Symlink folder (copy or move) to the place where you taked it and it should be( /Library)
    , now you´ll see in Library a folder called Arturia Symlink....i used to erase symlink and let it as it was, Arturi, the only difference is that the folder has an arrow drawn in the iferior right corner, just like an alias or a direct access in PC.

Almost the same for PC. Take in mind that althought is appears to be the same as an alias or direct access it doesn´t work internally in the same way, but for the use is just almost the same, if you want a quick way to create symlinks avoiding console etc..., download this to have the service right click create symlink in the right click contextual menu

https://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/releases

Cheers.

Attached Files:

9. JosRoundtree

JosRoundtree Newbie

Hello,

On a Windows 10 PC, I have successfully installed the Team R2R ASCEMU2-enabled version of Arturia V Collection 9 v9.4.0 using the directory "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" as the installation directory.
    All working as far as I can tell with both standalones and plugins [ at least under Cubase 12 ] working. Additionally, the contents of Arturia Sound Bank 2023.03 was copied
    to respective folders under "C:\ProgramData\Arturia". This entire process dumps 36 GB of archival data on the System drive. My solution to this problem consisted of:

01. Editing the Registry entries under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arturia" and to change the value of the attribute, "installdir" from "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" to "D:\Samples\Arturia"

02. Editing the Registry entries under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instuments" and to change the value of the attribute, "ContentDir" from "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" to "D:\Samples\Arturia"

03. Moving all content under "C:\ProgramData\Arturia" to "D:\Samples\Arturia"

04. Rebooting the machine.

Upon restart, the Analog Lab V v5.6.1 standalone is started, yielding nothing, similarly for other standalones.
    A similar failure, under Cubase, occurs for the plugins.

Where did I go wrong?

In a discussion started by diya on Mar 11, 2023, mention was made of the use of symlinks to solve this issue,
    but that thread referenced installation on MacOSX. What might be the solution for PCs.
    Additionally I do NOT have the services of the Arturia Software Center just the emulator.

Thank you in advance for any possible solutions.

JosRoundtree

10. controlthesystem

controlthesystem Member

I would advise against it.

Note: I have a 8TB MBP.

11. Tomassio

Tomassio Newbie

On m1 creating the symlink via the gui crashes the plugin.

sudo ln -s '/Volumes/YOURSSD/Arturia' '/Library/Arturia'

does the trick.

Other non related tips:

For roland cloud TRAZOR release m1 os x

You can get a free trial pro account to download the presets. Did it on a windows VM and copied the .bin files to /Library/Arturia.

The included jupiter 8 download does not work. (along with the Junos) but there's another Jupiter 8 trazor release that does work.

Another random tip, with serum 135b1 on m1 (not found on the sister site because of dmca or something) after you register the plugin, you can do

lipo -remove arm64 /Users/YOURUSER/Desktop/Serum2.component/Contents/MacOS/Serum -output /Users/YOURUSER/Desktop/Serum2.component/Contents/MacOS/Serum

it has to be done AFTER registering the non modified file, and it will load without any time bomb