Finer tuning after Melodyne?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by mild pump milk, Aug 28, 2023.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Is there any plugin to redraw pitch after Melodyne? Not to fix existing pitch in Melodyne up or down, but to get more precision for automating it, smaller amounts where I want, but cents, sample accurate... Finer tuning with "pencil" or so, not moving whole note cloud there or here. But finer, in any part of time. Also quality is the question, for not to get a robot digital sound, chipmunks or goblins, and not timestretching to be out of time, even with small or huge fine pitch correction by cents.. To fix also fast transitions between notes.
    Or how to get Melodyne to be more precisely corrective? I just request some fine pencil-like tuning. Tutorials, plugins?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. canbi

canbi Kapellmeister

hold my beer
    hardcore math ahead :)

[​IMG]
    where x is samplerate you are pitching to and y is base file samplerate, returns cents

"I want to resample 48000 Hz file to 44100, how many cents I have to pitch down?"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:woot:

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

not exactly, because of how your question is phrased. But Soundtoys Little Alter Boy, Serato Sample (because it is based on Pitch N' Time), are some of the common ones people use. Logic Flex Pitch is very helpful, but doesn't fit per your question. Zynaptiq have some very good tools that people like to use for this, and also Zplane. These are probably enough to get you looking at the right bunch of tools, but I think you are after something very specific about the workflow of it. Maybe find some other threads like this to read: https://audiosex.pro/threads/any-vst-equivalent-for-serato-pitch-n-time-pro.45188/

5. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I'm fascinated as to what problems you're dealing with that Melodyne won't solve. I think you're looking in the wrong place for a solution; fix the source. (I.e., get a new singer or whatever you're dealing with.)

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

It's the [Alt] key.
    And the other tools.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  7. fishnose

fishnose Producer

Melodyne can correct in tiny incements.
    Do it manually, one word or syllable at a time. Not automatically,

8. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

I just want to find a free-moving pitch drawer, not just dragging this pitch line in tilt style, but redraw, like drawing with pencil, full customization : D

9. kags

kags Member

maybe rePitch from synchroarts. But Melodyne is a beast....! During the pandemic, I was at home only tuning vocals, I was so tired of the mouse that I just changed the mouse for the Wacom table, Since I am a graphic designer was easy for me not to draw the pitch, just to relax my hand, avoiding a carpal tunnel. if you mess up too much It will sound like Vocaloid. tuning a vocal with love requires time. in order to avoid artifacts.