Any VST equivalent for Serato Pitch n Time Pro?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Remi, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Remi

Remi Member

Serato Pitchn Time Pro sounds wonderful but costs $799 and only runs in ProTools. What would be a (rough) equivalent that would run as a VST or a standalone if it must under Windows?

Thank you for your suggestions.

3. flush with your foot

flush with your foot Platinum Record

hi, have you ever trided Serato sample? i love it....

4. NeverenoghFun

NeverenoghFun Platinum Record

Anything pitch i like to use Melodyne and Altar Boy together.
    Fantastic mix for ... just about any result you could ever want once u learn to manipulate melodyne with alter.

I havent tried serato must be insane tho its all i hear about.

5. Remi

Remi Member

I haven't. I'll have a look. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: ooh, hang on. I just had a look at the description online and it says Serato Sample has Pitch n Time built in! It must be a cut down version since it costs more than Serato Sample n its own...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  6. Remi

Remi Member

Meloduye is brilliant. I haven't used Little Alter Boy but know of it. I'll look for a tut on how best to use them together (or just play around when I get Little Alter boy).

Thanks a lot.

7. ADiSH

ADiSH Ultrasonic

plugins - Waves Soundshifter, Elastique Pitch (not exactly the same)
    And most DAW's use time stretch algorithms, for standalone i like iZotope RX

8. Remi

Remi Member

I do use my DAW but I must admit the quality and flexibility of Pitch n Shift is attractive. Much better quality that native DAW functions.

I have not tried Elastique Pitch or SoundShifter, so off to do my homework. Thank a lot for the suggestions.

9. NeverenoghFun

Yeah bud, if you know Melodyne then Altar boy is just a little shine on top is all.
    I use it A LOT just for the drive. Very nice saturation. But yea its 4 Knobs no need for tutorial.

Unfortunatly it was just on sale couple months ago. PC your in luck, but MAC ... black friday always around the corner.

10. Remi

Remi Member

Brilliant. Got an old SoundToys pacjk. Probablt not up to date but I think there is a version of of Alter Boy. This should be fun. Thank you.

11. NeverenoghFun

Pm me for help or tips but i think youll catch it fast I even cheat when clients ask for auto tune. very versatile and unappreciated combo. Enioy muh man

12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

Reaper + Melodyne is all you need

13. Remi

Remi Member

Melodyne I agree. Reaper I just don't know. Using FL Studio and even though Reaper might be great, I don't want (read too old to change...) to change DAWs. I'm already not very good with one. I don't want to become rubbish at two.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. Remi

Remi Member

Really appreciated. I won't bother you on pm, at least not before I have done my homework and played with both, but i really appreciate the offer.

I know not everyone agrees, but I think Melodyne is way better than AutoTune. Capable of so much more. Maybe it's no so good at getting the T-Pan effect but I don't mind that so much cos' I flippin' hate it.

15. NeverenoghFun

I agree completely.
    I think people will make the shift eventually when the this phases out.. though its taking a long time lol
    but melo is just natural, and easy. There was just a pitch shifter posted on the sister site. I think something like Viking or Viekland? I didnt get a chance to try it but worth a shot.

16. Remi

Remi Member

You must be my long lost brother (well, son maybe, judging from the profile pic, unless that was taken in the 80s). We're (literally) in tune.

VielKlang is what you're looking for, ZPlane. I believe that's what Newtone in FL Studio was based on. It's really good as a harmonizer. Kind of a little Melodyne but with an automatic harmonizer. Well worth a listen.

https://products.zplane.de/vielklang

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. [​IMG]

Rhymes with Melodyne.