FINALLY found a vocalist. New original.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by musicman61554, Oct 31, 2016.

1. ?????

2. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

some of my most influence in the 80's was D.Mustaine, K.King, J.Hetfield, Chuck Schuldiner, an Alex Skolnick

3. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

4. I need to sleep, sorry.

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Rest in peace Chuck. You just named the guitarists from all my favorite bands from that era, you left out Cynic though but to only name their guitarist wouldnt be fair. And Mustain's vocal were terrible but perfect for his god like riffage. Tornado of Souls. Hell yeah! Sry, rant over.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  6. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Chuck the Original Death/ Metal from Tampa Florida! I could name many more just named the more known i guess ;) An yes Daves vox was shit but it did fit the sound lol... Its amazing that he could even sing at all an play any of the songs on Rust in Peace at the same time :woot: like you said Tornado of Souls an Take no Prisoners is a feat for a good guitarist alone yano lol I could play them back in the day but some of it was sloppy as hell LMAO!!!! :yes: Most think of lead playing as hard but if its Megadeth riffs the leads could be the relief in the song :like:

7. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

First of all.....wow thank you sooo much for the feedback. I post in numerous other forums and damn you guys really gave me some feedback. I have been recording for about 7 years and still feel like a little grasshopper in the recording world. I really want my songs to be mixed and mastered but sadly many people around my area charge minimum $250 per song and I just dont have that cash. I mixed most of this ten the vocalist did the rest. I have never mixed vocals so he did it. I reslly appreciate all of the feedback. I read a few wanted to mix this for me.......what do you guys charge?

8. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

What do you guys charge? I obviously need some help lol.

9. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Excellent!! Your guitar chops are top notch, and very creative chromatic legato pick slide thingy at ~3:30!

First of all, the mix is secondary here. You have a great track with good instrumentation, vox, and guitar work, and good arrangement. Screw whatever the mix sounds like, because you can always have someone else mix it up to Roadrunner label-type quality. This track, in the form you presented, is really good - I don't care about the mix - write 3 more songs in this style before your life moves on to another sound. And, in your case, just mix as best you can.....for now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Hell lets make it a mix off an the winner brings in the bread :winker: no one has the same ears/skills so this could be interesting at the least haha... I know the low end mid in your mix needs work an the Mid top end aswell and the best part of the mix is the lead guitar... all that information in the low mid and mid hi is on all instruments my bro an its a clash of buildup to harshness distortion an mud... lets say you got bright drums well tame the guitars in that area some or vise versa you catch my drift ? If i was you i would do it myself untill i get it right it might take awhile but if you put it in you will get it back out my friend ! if thats no good holla ill mix it forsure jus PM me dude \m/ its a great song bro!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.:wink:

And I'm in the same boat as you brother. I have songs i need to remix but i don't have any money whatsoever. So i figured by the time i have the extra capital I could just a soon watch a bunch of mixing tuts and figure it out for myself. Besides learning a new skill in the process of saving money, it's win/win.

12. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@musicman61554
    I just listened a few more times. That wasn't a skip it was the gtr fx panned hard right in that part. This is a really good track dude! Thanks for sharing. Id like to hear @Jaymz mix of this if you decide to let him.

13. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

I'll be in on the Mix Off ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

Thanks again everyone. I pmd a few that offered to mix. I really appreciate it guys.

15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Hey bro! you use Sonar? You can Save the session as a cakewalk bundle as i use Sonar too>>> that way i can open just as you have it an i can jus start from scratch my man \m/ the easy way>>> that way you will have your session stay like it is... an also i can send it back to you that way so you can see what i did to your mix minus any hardware/plugins i might use you may not have :wink: Also i have the Drum samples you used i bought them in a group buy here on Audiosex... an i know they are cross the street aswell ;) But its all up to you \m/

16. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

Wow I had no clue you could do that. I will look up and see how to do that. And yes the Matt Halpern drums destroy. I still use Superior Drummer cymbals but the snae, kick and toms are amazing in the Halpern set. When I get his vocal stems I will message you. ;)

17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

p.s. if highlight the soundcloud post and insert the quote as if in reply, the link appears there as well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yes sir you can ! I use other DAW's too > Cubase,Protools,Reaper an more its the best way to do it these days save in session ;) In Sonar jus pull up the project and go to > File > scroll down to an click on > Save Copy As > youll see> Save AS Type>click an select Cakewalk Bundle ;) an make sure the> copy all audio with project box is checked an hit save..... choose wherever you wana save it \m/

19. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Can't wait to see where this goes. Love this place!

20. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Here's video 1 of me mixing this song. I don't do anything too amazing yet, just quick levels. But more to come.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List