FINALLY found a vocalist. New original.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by musicman61554, Oct 31, 2016.

1. musicman61554

musicman61554 Ultrasonic

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share an original I have been working on. Guitars and bass are Axe Fx 2, Matt Halpern Drum Samples for drums, Kontakt used for synths, piano. All recorded in Sonar Platinum. I hope you all enjoy it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • List
  3. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Interesting track, but I think the mids need a bit of thinning, as it gets a bit messy in places.

4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

what scale is this in? all of them?

5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks for sharing this man! leme mix it for you haha ! good to see somthin Dif round here tho so props to you dude for your effort ! Stay heavy!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

Interesting track. Quite nice. The mix I find interesting because it is not the best audio quality, but perhaps that is why I can listen to it all the way thru. I think if this track had an industry standard mix with full spectrum, maximum air and oomph, I could not listen to it as it is very busy music. This mix reminded me somehow of Tool - Ænima. A little flat, half full, but more easy on my ears. :)

Also, I like those little breaks. Some time to relax before it takes off again.
    The lyrics could be coming thru better and I miss a little variation in colors, textures. Its all a little grey. (at least on my speakers).
    Extreme vocals, cool :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

pretty good, but the mix is pretty muddy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Not too bad. Would agree on the mids though. To me it seemed miss a beat a couple of times near the beginning. That could have been intentional. I do mainly dance stuff, which is why it stood out to me. And yes, it is nice to hear something different for a change, so nice one. Props to you're singer too, good voice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

have to agree it's really busy.. quite a lot going on... either some stuff needs pruning..or it needs a serious mix treatment

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Chromatic dissonance is bliss to some . Ask Kerry King.

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Definitely has potential, needs better mixing and I heard a skip in there too. The arrangement is super busy to me. Needs more distinction between the parts. Breakdowns so you can ramp back up to the busyness of the other parts. This is all just my own opinion though. So take it as such. Good track man. Keep em coming!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  12. PouyaDH

PouyaDH Noisemaker

City of Angels. nobody's an angel here, tho ;)
    great track, dude. IDk why it reminded me of O.S.I somehow !!!!!
    maybe cuz of intro!!!

13. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Wow, well that was a pleasant surprise. I listen to this Genre a lot and I can tell you right now you friggen nailed it. I can understand why people would say it's too busy, but dudes, it's prog what do you expect.

In saying that, the mix has problems. There's a lot of 1.5K, and that makes it fatiguing. I second the last guy, I'd love to mix it for you.

14. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I just see a large bar with the soundcloud logo (and its just a bar, no link, no clickable area, etc.), where the embedded player should be. Not only here, but in the posts of everybody. Any ideas, that could help me solve this issue?

EDIT: This is what it looks like
    [​IMG]

15. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I think they need to leave off the https:// :dunno:

I got blanks when I tried to post some amazon links, it showed up as a hyperlink when I just started from the address www.

16. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

I get the same issues in firefox, i always have to end up inspecting the code to find the link, anyone know a fix?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

@SyNtH. Good addition. Indeed I am on FF as well!

EDIT: @Moderators, would it be possible to move our posts into a new thread about issues with Soundcloud on Firefox, to keep this thread clean?

18. Deatchclause

Deatchclause Member

I think its great! I love the Guitar solo, I thought the guitar phrasing was well executed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

good vocals, some nice melodies, and some good ideas production wise.. just missing that HOOK that stays with me.. good work and as soem already said.. good to hear some good style in music here :)

Bang on man..

Vaijj

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

@SyNtH. and anyone else having issues. I found this thread in another forum, where someone had the exact same issue:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/86729/cant-access-soundcloud-links

In that thread somebody mentioned the vlc plugin. I checked and it was installed, but set to "ask". That is not sufficient. Like said in linked thread you have to explicitly de-activate it! After having done so, my problems are gone, at least for now. I recently updated VLC, so I think it re-installed the plugin without my permission.

21. Cool song, wonderful performance, but there is just too much to list for what needs be fixed in the mix, from the very first bar to the very last of the song. I would start with all faders down, get some basic levels and really just start from scratch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List