Easiest way to fail playing "jazz"

Discussion in 'Education' started by retsoff119, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@retsoff119
    The thing is we both know his ego prevents him from staying away. He does not know who else is looking at this but the owners of this site do.

Don't fall into the trap of answering him anymore. I cannot defend you anymore if you do.
    All anyone has to do is Google what I put, google ear training which is in every form of music whether Contemporary, Classical or Jazz and know the hearing aspects of any style.
    Anyone that is great at theory has great ears. I work with musicologists that are nearly all theory and they have great ears even though some of them are not great musicians and they can hear. Many of them teach sight singing / Solfege - which means they have to be able to hear the pitches they are singing from a piece of music. Common sense really that they can hear. People cannot be fooled perpetually. They can do the math.
    Leave it alone. :)
    Ciao

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
  2. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

Having been following this thread here for some time, I must say: It is damaging the reputation of jazz!
    Anyone who observes the arrogance, condescension and hatred that comes forth here has to think only the worst.
    Intimidation, threats and humiliation seem to be the means by which disagreements about music are "discussed".

Anyone who reads this will think twice about commenting on music here.
    It does not matter if the person is "right" or not.
    Who is allowed to speak as the judge?
    Is it the one who shitstorms his "foe", fighting him because of his opinion?
    Fascism is another word for that. Do we really want that?

It's sad.
    I hope that this has an end now, because this thread is now completely poisoned and should be removed immediately...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

The signature of a highly qualified forum person here in another discipline which I completely agree with
    upload_2018-4-19_7-27-54.png

4. vkris

vkris Ultrasonic

Jazz can be the product of different brain state...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1430337.stm
    http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct01/melody.aspx
    https://aspireindianablog.wordpress...-the-catalyst-for-the-creation-of-jazz-music/

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

6. BibouLeNoob

BibouLeNoob Kapellmeister

No one should leave.
    Even @foster911 should stay as a scapegoat is an important part of every community; any comment looks smart next to him. Makes one feel good.
    You're a valued resource. Signal among the noise from the know-nothing crowd. You stay.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

Not the topic, respectfully noted...
    In addition, this horrible thread should IMHO finally be closed.

:deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm::deep_facepalm:

8. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

An end to a new beginning.

Thread closed