Easiest Best Way to Clone your studio Computer?? What program do I need.

Discussion in 'PC' started by Desantïs, Mar 1, 2016.

1. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Huh ... I’m glad this conversation has come up. For years I’ve been backing-up weekly to a bootable clone using SuperDuper (and without issue), but it’s nice to see that there are other options out there to investigate. I’m always open to the idea that there might be something better!

2. AX-AT

AX-AT Member

Im also searching something to make a current image and restore my DAW now its working wonderfully, after updates, program installation and config. i´ve found across AOMEI OneKey Recovery https://www.aomeitech.com/onekey-recovery.html I think it does like a factory recovery but with your current settings. Didnt try it yet.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

Does any of these software support booting on a new hardware configuration ?
    Same HDD with the same OS and the same data, but new motherboard, new graphics card, new CPU?

I intend to travel in a few months and I may just be taking my 3TB HDD and would like to find a way to mount a new workstation and keep my OS / software / DAW and VSTs!

4. TheMountain

TheMountain Member

@massichat I have had good results using https://www.easeus.com/backup-utility/restore-system-to-dissimilar-hardware.html
    Creating a backup of the current system and booting with the todo boot cd/usb then restoring on a new hardware build went smooth for me on servers and workstations alike. I also used driver updaters from tweakbit or winzip and had new systems up and in use within a couple of hours. saved my ass when my main domain controller went pop.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  5. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

This software will put an end to one of my biggest anxieties since I think about leaving the country.
    Thank you TheMountain, you are my hero!

6. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

When it's a hackintosh, burn yourself a paragon partition manager boot cd and raw clone the system drive.
    Or make yourself a bootstick in case there's no diskdrive

7. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Clonezilla to the rescue for this Win 7 laptop.
    Initially....due to laziness.....I tried Mini Tools Partition Wizard. I wasted an hour and a half.

8. Master Q

Master Q Producer

9. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Just my 2c.. and probably already said - Win10/PC. The other day pulled a SSD from an old hp laptop and put it in a 2y/o dell desktop.. I was thinking to do a clean install, so really didn't bother too much. The thing just booted normally. Installed the Nvidia driver.. and not much else.
    Everything just works (well, except some ..khm, activations ;) ATM too lazy to optimize every chipset. So I guess, you just need a mirror of your Win10 sys drv even if hardware changes.

For more fully, fancy-functional software, please keep posting your experience! :wink:

10. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I cloned my system recently (Windows 10) and found out that Samsung Migration could only clone my system disk. So I had to use easeus for my other disk. Looks like it went pretty well, but I have had some minor issues but that is more due to it being two hard disks I think. My issues has been that I had to re-register some of my plugins, mostly from Spectrasonics. I cloned two SSD disks (one 1GB and one 2GB), and now I feel pretty relaxed and safe that my system i safe.

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned