Do graphics cards effect CPU?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Nick Bellagio, Aug 26, 2023.

1. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

If I can play games on high settings with my integrated graphics (Ryzen 5600G) I really can't imagine how it would be much affected by a few interfaces.

2. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

If you had 1000 plugins in your project and kept all 1000 GUIs open at all times - maybe - otherwise - no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Ah, didn't see your post.
    @Nick Bellagio: Barncore got the solution first
    If you can afford, go for RME, second best are steinberg interfaces.
    Why? Last two manufacturers on earth that program their asio driver themselves. The others wrap a Taiwanese dll around a gui.
    Thats why most manufacturers won't give you new drivers for newer OSes. They can't.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I do not subscribe to the "no support" myth. I still run win7 here as well. No win update. Just applying sec patches when needed. Third party A/V, third party FW, third party spyware/adware hackers. NEVER have any instances of issues that the boogie-man "non-support" monkeys tell you will happen to you if you use a "non-supported" OS. That non-support crap is a myth that is created by the industry to keep you constantly buying new hardware and software, because, well, capitalism... Eventually the industry will force obsolescence on everyone with their own capitalistic greed driven and self justified denial of backward compatibility because they say they cannot afford it. This is horseshit, but cest lavie... Win10 is full of garbage and is inherently less latent than win11. Win7 is inherently less latent than win10 with even less garbage. However some software requires win10 to run. So we clean up win10 of all the garbage and run win10 for those. I have found no REAL (plenty of innuendo and hearsay) compelling reasons to use win11 and to have to deal with that quagmire. Not meaning to turn this into a OS version war but you asked, so I responded...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  5. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I don't see any audio interface listed... that makes a huge difference in latency.

6. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

"No support" is the best gift Microsoft can give. Unfortunately, eventually you want new software toys and you're hosed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

That can't be true unless the daw you're using is a 3d daw and they are yet to exist.:no:

8. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Modern DAWs with modern virtual instruments do use the GPU to render GUIs. In Windows you can verify this by looking at the %GPU usage in Task Manager. Of course the performance is only a problem if you have many GUIs showing all at once. Just a few at a time should be no problem.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

it isn't them just showing either. it is if they are causing screen redrawing and how fast. your graphics card is not bombarding your video adapter with the same data over and over again.

10. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

True but any graphics card with 8gb ram can handle that easy.

11. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Because, WIN10 drives a Porche, wears an Armani suit, and works in international finance.
    WIN11 currently has acne, braces, lives with mom, rides a Huffy bicycle, wears socks w/sandals, and has a Twitch channel with 9 followers.

12. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Exactly! All of this is pilot error. They can't list the symptoms they have, or the actual specs of their hardware. That's Bad Form Peter!
    You can't ask for help that needs X amount of relevant data to even diagnose the problem, and then leave out that data.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

You can click on a username and see "messages", hit the # link and will display them all (for some # or time frame, anyway). like this one where he posted having a Motu M2: https://audiosex.pro/threads/motu-m2-causing-blue-screen-in-daw.63243/
    They work pretty nicely on Mac for a $150 interface. But then, we don't buy interfaces for their driver software. :winker:

14. ippudo

ippudo Noisemaker

What you write sounds good, but after a while the Armani suit guy won't even have a shot, e.g. to run later Native Instruments products. Either you give up using the given new software, or you are forced to run the appropriate OS for it.. I wrote about this...

15. LoveToGig

LoveToGig Producer

ASIO4ALL is definitely the culprit.
    Any audio interface will improve your setup significantly (MOTU, Audient, Behringer).
    Or RME if you have some extra cash.

16. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I cant freeze tracks i need to be able to go back and change stuff

17. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I have a UAD Volt interface

18. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

I have a UAD Volt interface but im using ASIO4ALL driver - if its so bad then why did everyone say it was the best thing to use lol idk im just doing what everyone else is saying - I had an NI interface before that and was using the komplete control driver or whatever and it was even worse

19. Nick Bellagio

Nick Bellagio Member

Hey, I am running windows 10, I have an universal audio volt interface but i have asio4all selected as the driver

20. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

and what is your actual problem?