Dealing with music/sound with Tinnitus/Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jackson12, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

Any musicians or audiophiles here who have had Tinnitus for few years? I know as music/audio lovers our ears are very important as it is our only organ to detect sound.

How is your hearing few years after your Tinnitus onset? Did it stabilize or it has got progressively worse?

I reached out to many musicians who experienced noise induced tinnitus and have been monitoring their hearing loss throughout the years. 70% said the hearing loss remained the same (one of them said their hearing loss remained stable 20 years after Tinnitus onset which is cool). 30% said their hearing loss got progressively worse for every year that goes by.

Since I experienced hearing loss and Tinnitus last year I been taking hearing protection very seriously. I have a soundmeter that is calibrated with an acoustic calibrator everywhere I go. I make sure to not expose myself to harmful sounds. I have frequency analyzer in my phone app and I watch sound for hours everyday fearing that I will lose more hearing. Please dont hesitate to share your experience. Only audiophiles and music enthusiasts will truly understand what I mean and I think this is the right place. Thank you.

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator