Cannot load multi data because it is corrupted error message. Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lee Dixon, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Lee Dixon

Lee Dixon Newbie

Hi,

Whenever I open keyscape I receive the error message "Cannot load multi data because it is corrupted etc"

Can anyone advise how I can solve this error message from keeping popping up?

Thanks in advance

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Error: Cannot open Multi .../default.mlt_omn?
    This means Omnisphere could not find a correct STEAM folder. When completely installed, the Omnisphere folder inside your STEAM folder should have a total size in excess of 42GB. If you have completely installed Omnisphere, but the problem persists, that indicates the alias or shortcut to the STEAM folder in your Spectrasonics folder is incorrect.

To fix this:
    1. Go to the Spectrasonics folder and delete the STEAM alias (Mac) or STEAM shortcut (Windows) you find there.
    2. Load Omnisphere and follow the instructions when it prompts you to find the correct location of your STEAM folder.

Source: https://help.timespace.com/home/error-cannot-open-multi-defaultmlt-omn
    Or here: https://audiosex.pro/threads/omnipshere-trilian-error-cannot-open-multi-solved.12615/

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  4. Sfx127

Sfx127 Newbie

Thanks for this reply. I suspected it's a path issue. It happened with me recently when I changed my hard disk. What has happened is that Omnisphere has found the wrong path, and I'm not sure which is the correct steam folder. When I open Omnisphere in logic, it's opening the wrong version or something. How can I fix this? Thanks.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

It may help to find the ZMAP file and delete it. If you can figure out what folder location Omnisphere is looking at, you could just create an Alias for your real Steam folders and put the alias file into the place where it is looking. It doesn't need to by a symbolic link for the Steam folder. Your new drive might have a different new Volume name.