Omnipshere, Trilian error: Cannot open multi [solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by severn, Jun 20, 2014.

1. severn

severn Noisemaker

Hi,

when i load Trilian i get the following error message..may be something wrong with file structure i have in the team folder ?
    hoping someone can help please ?

i have software 1.4.0. e 32 bit , soundsources 1.0.1 , patches 1.4.0

i've attched some screenshots
    thanks

Attached Files:

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Looks like a little path mess. There should only be one STEAM folder, and not both STEAM/Omnisphere and STEAM/STEAM/Omnisphere. Same for Trilian. Installers sometimes append unnecessary path strings to an already given full path, and the Spectrasonics forum has been full of "simple path problem" posts like this.
    When in doubt, start the installer, watch the directory structure it creates, and in case it's messy, stop it and delete the files at the wrong position, then re-start the installer and give it a better destination path.

4. severn

severn Noisemaker

Thanks
    do you think i could just delete and move some files for the correct stucture ?
    i'd like to avoid reinstalling if i can

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Actually, I'd prefer reinstalling because in the end you might not waste more time than both moving the files and telling Trilian where to find them.
    Otherwise, look here:
    http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/hardware-software/software/how-install-trillian-after-installing-omnisphere-steam-folder-376526/

6. cam4hdd

cam4hdd Newbie

I have the same problem after installing Omnisphere

7. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Spectrasonics uses a folder shortcut, which is in c:\programdata\spectrasonics, on my machine. All you need to do is to open the steam shortcut properties and set the target to the folder which holds both omnisphere and trillian folders. In your case that would be j:\steam\steam.

That saves you reinstalling or moving anything.

Try that first :)

8. cam4hdd

cam4hdd Newbie

I tried that It fixed the Trilian problem but now Omnipshere have the problem like Trilian - with the Steam folder :dunno:

9. severn

severn Noisemaker

thanks to all...

tried looking at the existing shortcut in program data and seems to point to the right place.
    can anyone post a screanshot of their file structure within Steam and also of program data / spectrasonics?

when i tried removing one the shortcuts fromm program data it started affecting omnipshere and giving me the same error message, so i out the shortcut back and beck to square 1 .....

i have 2 shortcuts in program data both point to j:\steam\steam so that would seem correct

think the best suggestion is to remove all instances of trilium, reinstall app only and hopefully it would ask me to find the steam folder and with fingers crossed it might work from there .
    Gotta say that this problem was not there in the 1st place and has only seemed to develop in the last few weeks . I might have read somehwere about getting all the patches and updates done etc and this may sort the problem .

i can load the trilian patches within Omni fine no problem but prefer from trilian becuase you get the easy control panel which doesnt load when used in Omni

10. Willum

Willum Rock Star

The trilian and omnisphere folders need to both be under the same folder.

Steam
    --->Omnisphere
    --->Trilian

If they are both there and the steam shortcut in the spectrasonics folder is pointing to the steam folder, they both will work.

11. Willum

Willum Rock Star

No thats wrong,there should only be one steam shortcut in programdata\spectrasonics pointing to the j:\steam\steam folder that has the omnisphere and trillian folders in it.

I suspect that one or both of those 2 shortcuts is set to j:\steam\steam\omnisphere or j:\steam\steam\trillian, the shortcut MUST point to the steam folder and not to the omnisphere or trillian folders.

Do that and it should work.

I cant post a screenshot, my kvm switch failed last night and i cant access my music comp at the moment.

12. severn

severn Noisemaker

thx .....both of these point to j:\steam\steam . i tried removing one of them last night .
    Should it be be a folder shortcut or just shortcut .
    would the 2 programs use diff shortcuts or maybe just one for both progs . ?

13. severn

severn Noisemaker

snapshors

Attached Files:

14. luizcifer

luizcifer Ultrasonic

I realy wonder why you have it J:/ My Music Steam/Steam makes absolute no sense...
    it must be J:/ My Music/Steam that would be the correct shortcut
    with me its E:/Spectrasonics/Steam in the Steam folder there must be an instance of Trillian installed and if you have also Omnisphere installed there and open up Omnisphere in your DAW then Bammmmmm both apear

i would recomend that you make a fresh install as Willum said

make sure you delete all steamfolders before you make a fresh install or the headache will start again doing not so will advice trillian or Omnisphere use the same path again and you end up with J:/ My Music Steam/Steam/Steam and that makes no sense at all
    simply create a folder called Spectrasonics on your hard disk and during installation direct the installer to that Folder and of you go

just my two cents

hope it helps

Luiz :wink:

15. Willum

Willum Rock Star

You only need one shortcut, one of those is a file shortcut, delete that one.

16. Willum

Willum Rock Star

It makes no difference what the folder path is as long as it has the omnisphere and/or trillian folders within it.

Thats exactly opposite of what i keep saying, theres no need to reinstall, you just need to get the file path setup correctly.

None of which you need to do.

17. luizcifer

luizcifer Ultrasonic

at least i spelt my name right :bleh: :wow:

i had almost the same issue and i done a new install and it worked out fine even better then b4

seems i can help peeps better on a fresh install instead of helping after install :wink: :rofl:

at least we all just try to help

cheers :mates:

18. Lafawnduh

Lafawnduh Newbie

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 08.43.15.png

Hi,

Bit of a noob here and had my equipment stolen so currently doing a rebuild on my old 5.1 and reintalling the Spectrasonics package.

I have done all following the install step by step, vsts are showing just keep getting the dreaded

"Cannot load Multi data because it is corrupted (either from song or from multi file ''). Try loading another Multi from the Multi browser.

followed as best i could with this thread but got a little lost in it, dont suppose anyone could jump on teamview and help a guy out?

Would be super Appreciative

(Pic Attached)

[​IMG]

19. Honey Sandhu

Honey Sandhu Newbie

I'm facing the same error, Omnisphere is working perfectly, but once I open Trilian it pops up this message

upload_2023-5-31_0-38-50.png

upload_2023-5-31_0-40-33.png

20. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

save another multi as default in Trillian. Then the error message goes away

[​IMG]

21. Honey Sandhu

Honey Sandhu Newbie

Thank You. It worked. :wink: